Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thank you, Knuckles! (Updated Jan 8, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    I thought I would just throw an update in on some work that Knuckles is doing for me. Here are some more designs of the cards in my collection. The cards, once completed, are look 100 times better than this, but these are still amazing. Once complete, my collection from Knuckles will be around 100 cards. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Great stuff!

Garret does awesome work. You are lucky to have them in your collection image
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing those.

• Options
    Those cards are unbelievable!! They are like museum pieces. Congratsimage
    I do have a question though. It says on the face of the cards "The Broderick Collection" Is this to signify that these are your personal cards and thus are unique? If so, that makes them even better.
    Also, is it possible to get these cards graded by PSA and than to add them to a set Registry? I would assume they would get an "Authentic" grade, but no number grade since they are not officially licensed.
    I've been working on a Football HOF autograph set and some of the older members don't have any cards. Also some of the HOF administrators don't have a card. It would be easier (and nicer) to have Knuckles make some unique cards from some cut sigs.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options

<< <i>Those cards are unbelievable!! They are like museum pieces. Congratsimage
    I do have a question though. It says on the face of the cards "The Broderick Collection" Is this to signify that these are your personal cards and thus are unique? If so, that makes them even better.

<< <i>

Yes, "The Broderick Collection" is to signify that it is my own collection. Garret had the idea to do that since the collection will be so large and eventually we hope to have the Hall of Fame possibly display it, if they are interested.

Also, PSA does slab them, you can look at earlier ones in this thread to see. I just asked for the "Authentic" slabbing without grading the actual autograph. I think, but I am not positive, that you cannot add them to a registry unless you have a number grade.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Sean- I've added "Authentic" grades to my set. The grade is considered a 1. I have to find out if PSA will allow an unlicensed card to be in it's Registry.
    Congrats again on some awesome cards.
  • Options
    I just thought I would show off Knuckles work again. These are on their way to me now and will be going to PSA at National. Thank you Garret for all the hard work, your product is amazing!!

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Sean - almost as impressive as Knuckles' work is the group of autographs you have put together there. I'm a vintage baseball autograph collector who would love to have a chance to find vintage hockey autos but you just don't find that kind of stuff in California. image

Very impressive!

Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    That is such a great collection you have Sean, outstanding... magnificent. Great avatar also.

I'd like to show off my Sawchuk once again, I appreciate this card more and more everyday.

Thanks Knuckles image
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Where did you get that Bill Barilko Auto? I think that is the first one I have ever seen.
  • Options

<< <i>Where did you get that Bill Barilko Auto? I think that is the first one I have ever seen. >>

I believe I got that one on ebay. It came out of a book from 1947 that had an autograph page signed by the Blackhawks and the Leafs. The Roy Conacher came from the same sheet. I also have another Barilko on a Leafs signed dinner banquet program that was from their celebration of their 1946-47 Stanley Cup championship.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    nice stuff, great look
    did someone say these are about $100/card to get done?
    thanks
    fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    That Sawchuk is awesome!

Great work, as always, Knuckles image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>nice stuff, great look
    did someone say these are about $100/card to get done?
    thanks
    fred >>

Yes, well worth it IMHO.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Between $100 to $150 depending.. is correct.

Can't wait to see them slabbed Sean and possibly in magazines and such. Thanks for the compliments.

Here's another one of my latest creations.. Something yet to be done by card companies.. I think. The card features the cut autograph of Plante and a actual ticket stub of significance from 1961 as well. I made it to look as if the stub was folded over/around the card..

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Knuckles! image
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Keep up the good work! image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    If I may impart one of the things I like best about Knuckle's hockey cards - with the way he customizes each cut to fit the particular sig(s) - it allows him maximum flexibility in composing the look, while maintaining a consistent "set" appearance, and, the rough/sharp angles fit perfectly with hockey as a theme.

Frankly, as a designer and artist myself, I don't think these could be executed in a manner any better than they've been here. Kudos Knuckles! image
  • Options
    Very nice indeed knuckles!!!

Your creations are the best!!!

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    -sean,

if you get them slabbed, request an Auto only grade instead of the typical Authentic.

With an Auto only grade, you'll be able to register them into your PSA set,
    it would be cool to see the first ever HOCKEY HALL OF FAME AUTOGRAPHS w/ photos of Knuckles creations.

That would truely amaze everyone and you'd have a one of a kind set on the registry.

Jery
  • Options

<< <i>-sean,

if you get them slabbed, request an Auto only grade instead of the typical Authentic.

With an Auto only grade, you'll be able to register them into your PSA set,
    it would be cool to see the first ever HOCKEY HALL OF FAME AUTOGRAPHS w/ photos of Knuckles creations.

That would truely amaze everyone and you'd have a one of a kind set on the registry.

Jery >>

Jery,

I would do that, if I didn't already have 23 done as "Authentic". Aren't authentics counted as a PSA 1? I wasn't sure if they were allowed in the PSA set registry with just the authentic tag. The collection, when complete, will be in SMR Magazine and possibly a couple other publications. I am also hoping to possibly display it at the Hall of Fame for awhile if they are interested.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    -sean,

as an authentic only card, they won't register into the set registry because they are unlicensed cards which is really stupid!

Authentic only autographed cards have to be a licensed card in order to recieve a 1 grade. I've been having problems with

PSA/DNA submissions when I used to be ranked #3 in the HOF auto Baseball. But after alot of calls and talking with PSA, I gave up

Collecting HOF autographs, until oneday while going to PSA to drop off some cards, I met a guy who picked up a bunch of autograph

cut signature from PSA/DNA with Auto only grades. (These were some crappy cuts, yet they were graded PSA/DNA 8's, 9's & 10's)

I didn't know you can do that, I was told with an Auto only grade they will register on the set registry without a problem. I talked

with PSA and they confirmed that auto only grades will register on the set registry. I had submitted a Walter Johnson check I had

slab and requested an auto only grade, sure enough it registered on the set registry. I also have an Honus Wagner with Authentic

Only on the slab, and that will not register at all. I would send it back to PSA/DNA and change it, but they want a changing fee. Which,

I don't want to pay. I'm thinking of sending one of my coolest cards Knuckles made and request an Auto only grade, just to get the

darn thing slab will cost me $100. $75 just to get them to look at it, and $25. just to get it holdered. Sheesh!!!

Jery

• Options

<< <i>-sean,

as an authentic only card, they won't register into the set registry because they are unlicensed cards which is really stupid!

I'm thinking of sending one of my coolest cards Knuckles made and request an Auto only grade, just to get the

darn thing slab will cost me $100. $75 just to get them to look at it, and $25. just to get it holdered. Sheesh!!!

Jery

Thanks for the insight, Jery. I am not too worried about being in the Registry, plus I can't afford that much per signature to get them done with grades. I got a decent deal with PSA/DNA just for the "Authentic" grade and I am pretty happy with that. It would be an added bonus to have it in the Registry, but I guess I will live.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Awesome cards, that's a fantastic collection and a work of art.

- Joe
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i dont know who you are knuckles, but you make beautiful works of art that for damn sure-hats off to you brother!!!your cards lok better than the stuff you get in the packs by a long shot,no comparrison in my eyes!!very impressive!!!
    randy
  • Options
    i cant stop lookin at these cards, they should be in the smithsodian man, i chit you not, they are incredible, i want some too lol
    randy
  • Options
    Thanks Randy! image
  • Options
    anybody else got any of these beauties the can put a pic up on, i love em,i want to meet knuckles ,but im not allowed in canada lol,long story!
    the rube
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Most of my latest order is back from PSA. Thanks again to Knuckles for all his hard work. I should get the rest of my submission back after the holiday. Sorry for the not so great scans, my scanner doesn't handle holders very well.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Man, those things are amazing!
  • Options

Outstanding! What a collection. image
  • Options
    I'm not a big hockey fan, but those cards are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
    Great job, Knucklesimage
  • Options
    chbchb Posts: 212
    That is some impressive work, Knuckles! image
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    very nice cards and workmanship!!!!

thanks for sharing
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Sean - those are fantastic additions. Congrats!

Garret - beautiful work as always.

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!! Outstanding!
  • Options
    WOW!! Now those are some nice cuts!! image
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Nice work Garret!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPECTACULAR CARDS!!!!! image

I'd much rather have one of Garret's works, than have anything Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck, et al, have ever released!

Steve
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Those are awesome. They look great slabbed!

Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Amazing work!

I really like how Garret didn't cut off the bottom from Calder's sig. Not knowing jack about hockey, I immediately knew he's a former NHL President. Bet my bottom dollar, anyone else would have chopped it.

Thanks for sharing image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, your praise is always nice to read and makes what I do extra rewarding.

- Garret
  • Options
    Good lucking stuff!

I was just wondering, did he give you a special discount since he's making 60 or so cards for you?image

Giovanni
  • Options
    WOW, I didn't see the ones in the PSA graded holders, they look great!
  • Options
    i want to touch them image and i dont even like hockey lol
  • Options

<< <i>i want to touch them image and i dont even like hockey lol >>

I think that's actually the funniest post Rube's ever made... and/or this is the drunkest I've been when reading one of Rube's posts.

Seriously, Knuckles is the best at what he does... hands down... and we all know it.
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    Check out the C. Smythe...Knuckles incorporated autos on front and back of card!!!!
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Check out the C. Smythe...Knuckles incorporated autos on front and back of card!!!! >>

Yes, Knuckles does a great job incorporating those autographs. I would hate to lose a deceased HOFers autograph because it was back-to-back with another one. He did the same thing with my Howie Morenz/Ace Bailey in the first set of cards that he did. I wish companies that made these cards would do the same. I have a Roy Worters ITG autographed cut card where they destroyed an Alex Connell and Red Dutton autograph to make the card (I saw the original book that the autograph came from). Alex Connell autos are rare and would have looked great on the other side of the card. But since most of the companies have a set place on the card for all their autographs it didn't work out.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    i saw that last night,that is very cool,seen the duke of winsor tooimage