Home PSA Set Registry Forum

I'm still #1 !!!

My certificate arrived today!

I'm #1 !!

Comments

• Yay!

• Here's a crappy image of my 1978 Burger King Tigers set taken with my crappy digital camera that just may have been manufactured in 1978...

• See, I wasn't always ugly...

Notice the date in the corner. Go '78 Tigers!
  • If you aren't sick of me and my set yet, click the link...

1978 Burger King Tigers
  • Any reason you couldn't show us that in one post??
  • It's more dramatic this way.

Maybe one day you'll be #1 at something good like the '78 BK Tigers instead of that wacky cracker, Brian Winters.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My certificate arrived today!

I'm #1 !!

image >>

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa hahahahaahahhahahahahahahaahhaa
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I hope you have a good sense of humor, cause that picture is going to catch you a lot of ragging.image

• << <i>Maybe one day you'll be #1 at something good like the '78 BK Tigers instead of that goofy honky, Brian Winters. >>

Is that one finger supposed to show us what your IQ level is??
    Go take your meds and put that finger where the sun don't shine!! image
  • ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    You may not be making that face much longer if you keep that light in your display cabinet on and it fades the heck at of the first few cards....image

Great set though and congrats.

Ledsters
  • You know, the picture wasn't exactly meant to be serious. image

• << <i>Is that one finger supposed to show us what your IQ level is??
    Go take your meds and put that finger where the sun don't shine!! >>

1) At least my IQ is one higher than yours! Ouch!!

2) I would, but your finger is already there! Zing!!
  • Don't quit your day job to take up comedy. I'm sure working at the local fast food joint is still your best option!
  • Thanks, Ledsters.

Worry, not... I rarely if ever put the light on. I'll flip it on for a minute or two if I'm able to convince someone to visit my lair. Also, the entire cabinet is covered with a stylish black sheet 99% of the time. I only uncover the cards when I need to inspire a Tigers rally. With the Tigers struggling again against the Tribe, I may be uncovering it very soon.

• << <i>Don't quit your day job to take up comedy. I'm sure working at the local fast food joint is still your best option! >>

What's wrong with fast food??

Go Burger King!!! image
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I'd probably have a goofy look on my face if I got one of those certificates, too. Congratulations, Toad! Thanks for sharing.
  • There for a minute I thought Jamie Kennedy was among us. image

Congrats.

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Congrats !

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Congrats Toad! (Listen for the footsteps behind you on this set!)
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I would, but your finger is already there! Zing!! >>

Congrats on the set but I would think about getting that finger removed. It sounds painful.

Matt
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    "goofy honky" did make me laugh...
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the display case, especially Tony The Tiger using Briggs Stadium as a jacuzzi.

Long term team loyalty rules image

• << <i>

<< <i>Don't quit your day job to take up comedy. I'm sure working at the local fast food joint is still your best option! >>

What's wrong with fast food??

Go Burger King!!! image >>

this thread and those photos of your shrine are great! good for you! image

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
    Congrats Toad!! Geez Brianwinters take it easy on the guy, no need to take to that level of insults!!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats Toad!! Geez Brianwinters take it easy on the guy, no need to take to that level of insults!! >>

Yes, I agree

Matt
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea give the guy a break, its obvious he was clowning around with the photo. LIGHTEN UP!!! Good humor!
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    It appears Pandrews has a new member in his posse.

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• I emailed the link to this thread to my mom yesterday because I knew she'd get a kick out of it. It turns out mom clicked on it again this morning. Here's the email I just got...

"Why did that pandrews boy alter your photo and superimpose your face onto a picture of three guys? Who are they and what is he trying to say?"

Look what you crazy characters have gone and done. Sure, it's all fun and games to you, isn't it? Now you are upsetting my poor mom! It's bad enough she has an unfortunate-looking son who obsesses for hours on end over pieces of cardboard. Now she has to witness the cruel teasing of her precious boy firsthand.

Shameful! image

• << <i>Geez Brianwinters take it easy on the guy, no need to take to that level of insults!! >>

I simply asked him why he felt the need to take 5 posts to do what he did. He is the one who took the first shot calling Brian Winters a "goofy honky". Why is that acceptable?? Would it be cool if I used a racial slur against one of the Tigers black players?? If I would have done that this place would have imploded. He could have left it with "I did it for dramatic purposes" and that would have been the end of it.
    I appreciate the fact that he worked hard on his set and he loves the Tigers just as I love the stuff I collect but I asked a simple question and all I got was a not so funny comment in my book.
    He was not calling you personally a goofy honky only Brian Winters the basketball player, there is a difference.
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on # 1. If you want to help your mom understand PA send her a PA/Axtel thread from Sports Talk
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al

• << <i>He is the one who took the first shot calling Brian Winters a "goofy honky". Why is that acceptable?? Would it be cool if I used a racial slur against one of the Tigers black players?? If I would have done that this place would have imploded >>

As a goofy honky myself, I feel I have the right to use the term as I see fit.

• << <i>He was not calling you personally a goofy honky only Brian Winters the basketball player, there is a difference. >>

There is?? If something is a stupid statement it doesn't matter who it's directed at.
    All I see is someone looking for attention and looking to drive up their post count. Nothing wrong with celebrating your accomplishment but 5 posts to do it is a bit much.
    Last post for me on this subject!
  • brianwintersfan has made a valid point. I have edited my Brian Winters "goofy honky" post on page 1.
  • Thanks for proving my point that you are clueless! image

Get Well Soon!

PS-This is my last post on the subject! Since the rest of you seem to think this guy is a genius you can have him all to yourself.
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats TOAD. I think the whole deal is very funny. The picture simply adds to the hilarity. image It reminds me of Will Ferrell for some reason.

• << <i>Congrats TOAD. I think the whole deal is very funny. The picture simply adds to the hilarity. image It reminds me of Will Ferrell for some reason. >>

Remember the Will Ferrell sketch on SNL where he was wearing that ridiculous 'I'm #1' hat? It was one of their "commercials" and the product was that cheesy hat which was designed especially for those fortunate people who are "#1". The smug look on his face while he slow danced with his date while wearing that hat was the greatest.
  • DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

memo to self:

Don't make fun of Brianwintersfan and his mancrush on image Brian Wintersimage.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
    holy crap, brianwintersfan came unhinged..

PS: brian winters is a hella goofy honky.
    ·p_A·
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I like the pictures. They kind of tell a story. Toad was a cute kid and then he grew up to be # 1.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al

<< <i>I like the pictures. They kind of tell a story. Toad was a cute kid and then he grew up to be # 1. >>

LOL
    ·p_A·
  • Wow, this sure turned into a monster.

I think it's cool to be proud.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Aaawww, so your Clawson Whoppers. You are the guy who's gonna ruin my dream of being #1 on all the BK sets. All of them are within reach except for yours. Given that PSA only gives 9's and lower on these cards and your set is almost already all 9's, I doubt I'll ever catch you. If you have any for sale, please keep me in mind. Honestly though, I'm probably not willing to pay the prices you already had to pay to be #1, but I'll keep plugging away at it. I tend to lose interest in stuff after a couple years so that will probably happen before I ever catch up.
    Toad check your PMs!!
  • OK, I responded, Stingray. Hey, did you happen to hear Joe Walsh on Howard Stern last week? Of course, you'd have to be a Sirius radio subscriber to have heard it. Anyhow, if you are interested, I recorded the two songs he performed... I can make 'em into mp3's. He played Funk #49 and Walk Away.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    What a great start for a Monday. I needed the laugh. I grew up watching Winters play. I liked Moncrief better but I lived in Green Bay and could only catch them on TV back then.

Thanks for the laugh again.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Geez Brianwinters take it easy on the guy, no need to take to that level of insults!! >>

I simply asked him why he felt the need to take 5 posts to do what he did. He is the one who took the first shot calling Brian Winters a "goofy honky". Why is that acceptable?? Would it be cool if I used a racial slur against one of the Tigers black players?? If I would have done that this place would have imploded. He could have left it with "I did it for dramatic purposes" and that would have been the end of it.
    I appreciate the fact that he worked hard on his set and he loves the Tigers just as I love the stuff I collect but I asked a simple question and all I got was a not so funny comment in my book. >>

We took a vote and the overwhelming results are that we want Toad to stay and you to go.

Your an uptight, hairless chimp.

Loves me some shiny!