Options

POLL: Are You a Numismatic Dandy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think I'm mostly C with a touch of D
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna drag out this very old Longacre thread, just because I think it's one of the funniest ones I ever read on this chat board!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Where is the "none of the above" option?
  • Options
    BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPP.

If I had to pick A, B, or C.
    But I have to go with D - None of the above.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are You a Numismatic Dandy? >>

Take a look at my coin show attire (seen in avatar pic) and tell me what YOU think. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? None of the above, but I'm too tired to go into a long dissertation about it right now.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Closest to a B-except that I do use the 'net to get coins.

I have no interest in graded coins whatsoever, and think coins should be collected for their place in history, not for how much you think you can make selling them later, or what metal they are made of!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This old thread proves there is life after death....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic Longacre. Thanks for reminding me image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to check Wannabe Dealer, as it would be great fun to get a table next to Legend in the winter... and make Snow Angels with Laura! image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be a numismatic dandy if rarity in type coins counted for more. Sadly it doesn't. One can pay big bucks for coin like this 1808 quarter eagle in PCGS AU-50 and not get a fair number of registry points for it. For about 25% of what this coin is worth, you can buy a handful of high grade 20th century type coins and get more registry points, at least across the street.

imageimage

As it is I'm about 25% old time collector and 75% professor. The professor part of me goes more toward history than studying die state, however.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file