Home U.S. Coin Forum

For a Big Mouth, why does RbinTex use Keyword Spamming (At least in his ebay listings)?

13»

Comments

• flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm if I got this as feedback, I'd be really pissed:

"Ultra-Fast Payment! A+ Buyer. Call 214-597-7055 24/7 4 Recommendation. Keep Checkn' w/Us 4 Cool Variety Coins rogerscoins.com"

Really, really tacky and classless. >>

And also against eBay rules. Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal and Removal:

Feedback that meets any of the circumstances below is feedback abuse and may be subject to removal.

The feedback comment contains links or scripts.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Well, I for one, must give Roger some credit for changing the manner in which he lists his items by taking PCGS? out of the main title.
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977

<< <i>Well, I for one, must give Roger some credit for changing the manner in which he lists his items by taking PCGS? out of the main title. >>

I agree. It is unfortunate that he let so much water splash over the bow before doing so. Quicker action by RbinTex would have put a very different tone on this thread and would have positively impacted many forum member's opinions.
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • I have to say, I dealt with RBinTex on the bay, and he was very conscientous...so much so, that the coin I got (a Lincoln Memorial) was just not quite all red...99%, but he agreed with me....couldnt replace it, refunded my money (including shipping and insurance) AND let me keep the coin gratis (though refused my latest offer on a double die Lincoln....RB!!!!!!! lol)! Though, I do agree that it was spamming, I do believe him to be a very good seller, IMO as in my dealing with him....just my 2C worth....
  • RB- you never did answer goose3 question- what are your Ebay id's?

We ALL would like to know.

and are you still spamming your personal info in your feedback????
    (that would be a yes)
  • I am not a supporter or a basher of his, but I think if it is sent to PCGS for crossing why not tell the potential buyer so they will know before they bid that they will not be receiving the coin until it is back from PCGS. I have bought coins from rella (never for the BIN price, I always made a offer) and I have sold a few to his other ebay name. I have seen my coins back for sale on his ebay store for alot higher prices then he paid but heck they are his coins and he can ask what he wants for them. I personnaly would want to know before I bid that the coins were at PCGS and may not be sent out for a month or so when they are returned to the ebay seller, this also cuts down on alot of emails back and forth also asking where the coin is when it doesn't arrive for a month. Its like if you are buying the coin for someone else for a special occasion, if you bid on it and it not be known it was sent for cross you would want the coin by a specific date which it just wouldn't be possible if it wasn't in the sellers hands at the time of the sale. Of course this is just my opinion ans as I stated I am not a supporter nor a basher, it is just my observation
  • "But in any case. I still disagree that it is spam. The customer is contracting to buy a PCGS graded coin that just hasn't been graded yet & THAT's what I'm selling. Period."

So you think it's ok to sell things you don't have but HOPE to have at some point?
    What if someone buys one of your coins that are at PCGS and the coins come back graded differently than you hoped for? The customer that "contracted" to buy that PCGS coin has to hope you will come up with the goods at some point, that sounds like a solid business plan, one that will eventually get you into a bunch of trouble.

"The customer is contracting to buy a PCGS graded coin that just hasn't been graded yet & THAT's what I'm selling. Period."

Want to " contract" to buy some 2007 Gold Eagles? They haven't been made yet but we are selling them cheap.
  • Buy a coin form someone that offers the service I do. I either send it to PCGS for you or it's already there. Either way, the timeframe FOR YOU to get THAT coin back in your hands is now reduced, perhaps drastically.
    If PCGS grades it the way you want you're happy AND you've saved THE GRADING FEE plus some time & shipping $.
    "If PCGS doesn't grade it the way you hoped YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK even if it takes them 2-3 months to grade it.
    If they bodbag it YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK unless you want it as is.
    If they downgrade it, we either agree on how much money you need to get back in order to accept the coin (at YOUR option) at the lower grade or YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
    If it upgrades, either I let you have it at the higher grade OR we agree on an additional amount to be paid to us or YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
    You're NOT out the money & NOT stuck with the coin.
    You have NO risk at all because even if PCGS grades it the way you hoped, you still have 14 days to return it AFTER I get it back from PCGS and get it in your hands."

This whole scenario sounds very " send me money and we'll figure it out later". I have been a dealer for 21 years now and having done business with every major dealer over the years, I can tell you that this has to be the oddest way to conduct a business I have ever seen. Of course nobody gets screwed unless you decide you close shop and because you have such a lengthy profile posted it makes it that much easier to decide just how reputable you are.

RB in TEX-
    I love people who come here, rant and rave about how honest and great they are but won't tell anyone who they are. Why no profile?
    So, earlygoldknucklehead, I can buy a non-PCGS coin from you, pay you as little as 1/4 (i.e. as per our layaway) down in as late as 30 days AFTER the sale and you will have already sent the coin FOR ME to PCGS at YOUR EXPENSE (& without ANY financial risk to me as far es being out of pocket ANY shipping/grading expenses) and if it doesn't come back the way I want it to (i.e. the "right grade") you will refund ALL my money - PERHAPS 2-3 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD?

Even if it does come back the "right grade" & I just want to return it up to 14 days after I get it FROM YOU, you'll still give me a refund?

ANY dealers willing to do this?

Why do you think so many have slammed this? BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE HAS THE B*LLS TO DO IT!

DO NOT impune my integrity and insinuate I'm gonna run off with the money in the interim unless you HAVE PROOF! Moron!
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    geez

I thought this thread died a LONG time ago.

Roger went and did the right thing and corrected his auctions immediately and deserved credit for doing so at that time.

• SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Roger was that.......??? image
    Thanks Goose. Me too. image

For any idiots that STILL don't know that I buy under rogers-coins1 & sell under rellaa, get your heads out of your butt. image

Edited to add: Thanks for the bump (to this thread after over 3 months or so) Wade. I guess your apology was a bit disingenious. image
  • I bought a Peace VAM from RBinTex under exactly this scenario. The VAM was at PCGS getting graded. Yes, I had to wait 40+ days and the coin came back a grade lower than expected. So I was offered a refund for discounted price. I'm not sure I would do it again as I lose the ability to file a claim with PayPal after 40 days. But I was willing to take some risk as I really wanted the VAM (not seen very often on ebay). I would say that it is Keyword Spamming if the coins have NOT been sent to PCGS yet. If it is indeed at PCGS, then maybe I'm a little lenient in the interpretation of SPAM but I think that fact is legitimate use of the term (i.e., not SPAM). And yes, one of the reasons I took some risk is that it was going to be a long time before I had 10 crossovers to submit myself and this one I'd have in PCGS slab much sooner.
    image Scottish Fold Gold
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it with all these old threads coming up all of a sudden. Its like the bashing starts all over again??
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have no grudge against you. I have a chip on my shoulder for sellers that do the crap you do.

I frequently search for PCGS as well as NGC coins and it pisses me off to come across lowlifes that Spam auctions with coins that are not holdered by PCGS or NGC and in the process waste my time. I encounter your "PCGS?" coins all the damn time and then see that they are indeed holdered but by ANACS, NGC, NTC, SEGS.

I find it amusing that you want to come on here and publicly attempt to blast someone for a beef you have with their policy which is clearly within ebay rules at the same time you are running NINETY auctions which clearly VIOLATE ebay rules!!!

Frankly, it's hilarious. >>

look out
    image >>

LOOOOOOOOOOOK OOOOOOUUUUUT

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file