Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who does this buyer think he is?

Comments

• Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    <<How do you do this? I have 2 that are unreasonable from the same seller and I would like to go about this.>>

Square Trade. You have to go through a process. They charged $20.

Regards,

Alan

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>They charged $20 >>

They upped it to $30. I don't think it is worth $60 to get these removed. Oh well.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i> Keep in mind however that this guy isn't asking you to take the time to securely package the the card. He's asking you to throw it in his return envelope and drop it in your mailbox. >>

True - but I'm sure he would neg you if the card then arrives damaged. Which, shipped that way - it very well might.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Acowa is right on IMO - this isn't about the money, it's about some arrogant dork not following directions and instead making pompous demands of his own. People like this make the world a tougher place to live if you let them. If you resist, it only gets worse. In the long run, he may be saving me time and effort, but I don't need the increase in blood pressure. Please PM me so I can put him on my blocked bidder list as well.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

the guys ebay username is "denimdave"..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I don't want to deal with someone like that. He's on my banned list, too.
  • Options
    Send him an email and tell him he has a choice:

1) Comply with the terms of the auction and send the agreed upon s/h (I say agreed upon because he knew the terms before bidding and agreed to those terms when he won the auction); or

2) Send him his check back and wait to see if he negs you. If he does, neg him back.

Either way, let him know that he is blocked from all your future auctions.

Another option is to cash his check, tell him you are not responsible for his shipping method, don't send him the card and tell him it got lost. image
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Crap in a bubble mailer and send a note attached saying "this is what I think of your request"

• Options
    athleticsfan,

Sorry to jump in late. I don't really have much to add (many around here might say I never do), so I'll just say this:

Assuming you've transcribed the buyer's note verbatim (aside from changing names to protect the guilty), then this is one of the wackiest and most funny ebay situations I've heard seen. Thanks for the laugh. The guy is just begging for one of the comical replies people have suggested, but I'm sure the negative hit just for a laugh/to make a point isn't a good move for you. Regardless, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    You could also tell him to refer to your listing where it says "Please pay the correct amount." The bottom line is he (the buyer) chose the wrong way to handle this. He should have emailed you before bidding and asked if this would be acceptable. If not, he can move on to the next 1959 Topps Whitey Ford PSA 7. I'm a man of principal and that just doesn't fly with me! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    A's Fan-
    As a BIN sale you likely got as much or more than you thought your card was worth. I would enclose the card in his packaging and consider yourself the big winner.
    Yeah he's got a lotta nerve, but in the scope of things it went pretty well for you (or at least that's the way I would feel, if it were me).

As a side note; if it were me I would probably add $50 insurance and delivery confirmation at my expense on that outbound package.
    RayBShotz
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have officially put "DungareeDave" on my list:

He is on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!

Mike
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    OMG! That is ridiculous!

I'm not sure how I would handle this one, I would either follow his demands (I have too much pride for that) so next option is sending the card back to him with about a 1lb plastic slap in it. Since his address is going to be the ship to and from address it'll get to his door, postage due. Yeah, that's more like it. I'm surprised he didn't send you the envelope, ask you to insert the card and mark it return to sender so nobody had to pay any fees to the post office. What a tool. Welcome to my blocked bidders list as well.
  • Options
    While I would send him his card in the manner requested, I can't help but notice that he did not request that the mailer be sealed after inserting the card. I wonder if the card would stay in if...
  • Options
    Hell,
    Just take a hammer to the holder, neatly place it in the bubble envelope, mail it out. Then play stupid.

"Well, gee Mr. Greenjeans, I did what you requested?...I usually ship in a specially constructed PSA "vault
    box" that was tested to 17 skabillion lbs. per square parsec...have you talked to the post office?"

Next time, read my shipping instructions asswipe!!!

Mike
  • Options
    Note to Self-----Do not piss off Stone.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, gee Mr. Greenjeans, >>

wasnt he on Kaptain Kangaroo?

·p_A·
  • Options
    My first inclination would be to screw with this jerk to the Nth degree(actually that would be my second and third inclinations too)

I don't consider $3.00 shipping and handling to be excessive. Even if I did, if I bid on an auction where the S & H is clearly stated, it is my own fault.

He is not living up to the contract. But, if you are happy with the final price and concerned about the neg, just follow the idiot's instructions and never sell to him again.

On a side note, there is a seller of some raw cards (currently a 1977 Fidrych) that only ships through DHL and seems to separate the shipping from the handling. The auction lets you estimate shipping to your zip code. To get one raw card sent to me in MN would be $9.32 PLUS the $2.50 handling fee. Now, almost $12 shipping for one raw card is a little more than I would bargain for. Although, if I bidded on it, it would be my responsibility to pay it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Always looking for Mario Mendoza in PSA 3 or better
  • Options
    You could accidentally put his e-mail address out there for everyone to see, and we could give him some feedback for you image
    "Why is it that Superman could stop a bullet with his chest, yet he ducked when somebody threw a chair at him?"
    "
    " Go ahead and get your fancy barely visible cell phones that get the internet, play DVD's, and can speak 5 languages. As for me and my Atari cell phone it works, it weighs 7 pounds, it is 14 inches long, and it looks like I could call in an airstrike from a remote desert it is so large!"
  • Options
    Hi all, not really a sports card collector, but.....

I would send him the card on his terms and say nothing. After all, focusing on the $3 over the $48 is like stepping over dollars to get to dimes.

But I would remember who he is, and if I ever saw him bidding on anything of mine, I would make it clear that this time around he will pay for shipping or he can retract his bid.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should be able to post or not be able to post.

I was just trying to make my point that this sure seems like a lot of time and energy spent thinking/talking about this when your actually not losing anything on shipping, and he/she is paying the full bid price.

I guess I'm of the 'don't sweat the small stuff' opinion on this topic. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my earlier post.

regards
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should be able to post or not be able to post.

I was just trying to make my point that this sure seems like a lot of time and energy spent thinking/talking about this when your actually not losing anything on shipping, and he/she is paying the full bid price.

I guess I'm of the 'don't sweat the small stuff' opinion on this topic. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my earlier post.

regards
    John >>

• Options

<< <i>I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should be able to post or not be able to post.

regards
    John >>

i just found it to be really stupid that you commented about how the topic wasnt even worth thinking twice about, but since you've been a member of these forums you've averaged less than 1 post per day, and so far youve posted to this thread twice..

·p_A·
  • Options

regards
    John >>

John
    Thanx for responding back and clarifying. We have little other than the printed word to go by when someone responds.

I will agree that, out of context, this is very little money and not worth getting concerned about with respect to the financial part.

However, this is not about money but rather principle - a person does not have a right to alter someones sale without permission. And from that POV, I'm definitely with those annoyed by the buyer and I would block him in the future - the person has a bad attitude.

That's my take on this.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I still like my idea the best- Take a dump in a bubble mailer and put a sticky note on it, send it pod

• Options

<< <i>I still like my idea the best- Take a dump in a bubble mailer and put a sticky note on it, send it pod >>

at least fart in the bubble mailer before you seal it..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Pandrews- I would be a more frequent poster but there is only so much '57 Topps FB on the boards...

Mike- I also can see where you are coming from on this. Sometimes I do stick it to people on principal, but I guess I wasn't feeling that way yesterday.

regards
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I bet the check he sent is a rubber one ??? I would mail the card back to him in a regular envelope with a .37c stamp and the .23c with the card... Guys a >>>>>image
  • Options

<< <i>I bet the check he sent is a rubber one ??? I would mail the card back to him in a regular envelope with a .37c stamp and the .23c with the card... Guys a >>>>>image >>

Let's go all the way, if we're going to insult the guy send it like this!

Mike
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    As ridiculous as the buyer's behavior is, advising a seller to commit fraud is not a good thing, especially since the buyer is a member of this message board.

Now, advising the seller to add a handwritten notation such as "the F*$&ING CHEAPSKATE" at the end of the buyer's name on the address label does not implicate the seller in any unlawful action, and while it might lead to a negative feedback, would probably lead to no feedback at all being left by anyone if the seller doesn't leave feedback first. It will also lead to the buyer's mailman looking at him strangely. image

Regardless, he's definitely one for the blocked bidder list.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    I would put extra bubble wrap, and filler cards and a note saying you were not comfortable sending it with that little protection. The added weight would make him have "postage due".

The point is, the buyer violated ebay's TOS by not complying with the sellers terms...period.
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know this joker is still up to these same antics sold a card and receivged this same note and a tore up bubblemailer from him today. I responded with this

"I received your payment today. I do not accept SASE's it puts the card at risk. I ship in brand new bubble mailers it protects the card better, has less chance of tearing and protects me as a seller. Not to mention the envelope you enclosed has been used multiple times and is a mess. Either I receive the $3 for shipping or I will tear up the check and relist the card for sale. If you cannot follow my terms I'd rather not sell to you. "
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Once in a while you're going to run into
    a cheapskate buyer who is going to try and nickle and dime you.

I'd just do as he asks
    but include a polite note saying that if he isn't going to follow your terms of sale
    then please don't bid on any of your future auctions. >>

well he is paying the shipping and handling. its just he isnt paying your ebay fee right. well i guess that would come out of your profit from the sale of the card. when you go to a store they dont add a fee to pay their rent. that is included in the price of the item. the only thing extra you pay is sales tax. if this is a problem for you and you like recouping your fees in excess shipping and handling fees, then you should set up a ebay store so you can factor that into your pricing. it seems like for many on these boards its always the ebay buyer that is the cheap skate. how about when one pays $5 shipping and handling, comes in a reused or cut in half bubble mailer with a 70 cent stamp on it.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I received your payment today. I do not accept SASE's it puts the card at risk. I ship in brand new bubble mailers it protects the card better, has less chance of tearing and protects me as a seller. Not to mention the envelope you enclosed has been used multiple times and is a mess. Either I receive the $3 for shipping or I will tear up the check and relist the card for sale. If you cannot follow my terms I'd rather not sell to you. "

I agree. If the card arrives damaged because he refused any kind of protection, he'll want a refund I'm sure. On the bright side, since he mailed payment, there's no Paypal to deal with. At the very least, he ought to have e-mailed you first to request the SASE option.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...seems like for many on these boards its always the ebay buyer that is the cheap skate."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Cheap-Skate sellers take at least their fair share of bashing on these boards.

As recently as a few years ago, sellers/buyers on EBAY were "trading partners."
    Now, they are largely mortal enemies. Such is progress.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    VintageJeffVintageJeff Posts: 1,282
    If he had asked I might have reacted differently. And to the previous poster my shipping and HANDLING charge is $3 which is VERY reasonable compared to most ebay auctions. I buy cards on ebay and pay the stated shipping charges every single time so when I sell I expect to be able to charge those same fees.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    denimdave is now blocked.

VintageJeff, please keep us posted as to how your transaction with him progresses.
  • Options
    f2tornadof2tornado Posts: 180 ✭✭
    I'll take a check anyday. I still enjoy Paypal but like getting checks on the cheap stuff since I'm not paying Paypal fees. I've probably deposited 1000 of them in my 10+ years on eBay and only had one rubber one. I don't mind SASEs and I even list that as a shipping option on cheap non-slabbed cards. If that is what it takes to get the opening bid or get a bump then so be it. The buyer who is the focus of this thread should obviously read the selling terms and consider contacting the seller with his intention if there is no SASE policy mentioned. Willfully challenging a sellers terms is very poor taste. I won't be blocking this bidder though. He is more than welcome to send me checks (with near zero buyer protection while saving me fees) and his SASE (which saves me hassle of printing/writing labels and if you are worried about some LSD on the flap then tape it shut). When someone hits my BIN they are usually paying a small premium and when someone wins my auction they are paying more (sometimes considerable) than the underbidder. So long as my butt is covered I don't care how a damn card is shipped so long as the bidder shows me the money. You do have the option of "Paypal only" if you want to rid yourself of these paying bidders if you don't mind potentially selling for less. Some of you think too much about principle but I'm more concerned with principal.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I have dealt with this buyer a few times. I always did not want to bother and sent the card in his mailer. I like the fact that he recycles envelopes - very environmentally friendly, although that is not his intention.

Then, he had the audacity to complain when a PSA graded holder was cracked in shipping. I told him, tough luck. He said that I should ahve marked his envelope as "fragile", but did not leave a negative. I have not seen him since.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    he really has a big pair on him doesnt he.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Wow, I don't know how I would react. Luckily I won't have to because I've already blocked him. I don't need cheap clowns like this telling me what to do.

Lee
  • Options
    Sold a card once. Shipping cost $3 and buyer paid and I noticed on accident he paid $1 less on the Paypal pymt. I emailed and he paid the extra $1 of course Paypal fee again. Some people.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭

<< <i>Send him the bubble mailer, with his payment in it back to him (no card) with a note saying "Sorry, but I did not receive your payment in the amount of -----. Please resend payment. You may use the same bubble mailer if you like."

Guys like this are negs waiting to happen. Either to you or someone else. If you have good feedback, I'd risk the neg just to teach him a lesson. File a non-paying bidder alert with ebay.

Although, I am not the one that might get the neg, so its hard to be completely objective >>

ha ha....do it.........unless you need the doe badly.
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    BlackborderBlackborder Posts: 2,797

<< <i>ha ha....do it.........unless you need the doe badly. >>

Or the "buck"s.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Send him the bubble mailer, with his payment in it back to him (no card) with a note saying "Sorry, but I did not receive your payment in the amount of -----. Please resend payment. You may use the same bubble mailer if you like."
    >>

best idea yet.. >>

I agree.

Way too often sellers are shoved around for fear of the dreaded NEG. Who really cares in the end about a neg when its over someone like this.

Dont give the clown anything but his bubble mailer and check back. F-him for pulling that crap.

Please let us know his ebay ID too.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>I knew I remembered seeing the members name.

He asked about the pop report the other day. Maybe someone has some advice for him now. >>

The other day, in 05 image
  • Options
    $.37 stamp? I miss them.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I really got a laugh out of the person who suggested shipping it to him in a refrigerator box !

That would be too dog gone funny .