Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who does this buyer think he is?

13»

Comments

• Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Here is what I would do.
    1. Send the card in his envelope. Do not say anything. Wait for him to give you feedback. Then block him.
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Block him and do the SASE thing. It's not worth the neg. Chaz
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>I have dealt with this buyer a few times. I always did not want to bother and sent the card in his mailer. I like the fact that he recycles envelopes - very environmentally friendly, although that is not his intention.

Then, he had the audacity to complain when a PSA graded holder was cracked in shipping. I told him, tough luck. He said that I should ahve marked his envelope as "fragile", but did not leave a negative. I have not seen him since. >>

Agree. I like the fact he's recycling the bubble mailers however I'm thinking it's more about him saving on the shipping than actually trying to help the environment.

Unreal a buyer would ask you to ship a certain (inexpensive) way then have the ball$ to complain if the item got trashed in shipment. Now that would call for a blocked bidder addition.

On the SASE issue, it doesn't bother me too much. I've had a couple of them over the years. But every time I've had them the buyer actually emailed me ahead of time telling me what he was doing. While I don't like terms dictated to me as the seller, I would rather get a check than paypal. So I just got the check, cashed it, and mailed the item (at the buyers own risk). No need to block him in my opinion and the few SASE guys I've had all paid timely and their checks cleared. It's not that much of an issue to me.
    I'd be more concerned with deadbeat bidders as a seller myself.

By the way, looking over this old thread, does anyone know what happened to jrdolan? I've always felt like he was one of the best posters on the boards. He was gone long before I finally joined. Did he get the boot, and if so what was it for?

Rich
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Jrdolan

left on his own.

kunty boy might shed more on it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    just realized this is an OLD thread!!!!image
  • Options