Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭

<< <i>image >>

I'd send that to PBA right away. At least an 8.5, although the centering might knock it down a bit.
  • Options

thanks stone few more some 1-1's

1-1

1-1

1-1

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I picked these up a couple of weeks ago at a local show. They are my first venture into boxing cards. I've always liked the Beecher card and for $2 I figured I could go wrong. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    my first 8.5 grade
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    For one of my projects:

• Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Clemaz, that Mays is a beauty!

Mike, I love that Aaron statue and the board games. Great stuff.

Karb, those 56's are awesome.

Robert

• Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭
    After looking @ Karb's 56s, I have come to the conclusion "Windy McCall" is the coolest baseball name ever. Also, was somewhat disappointed to see Gus Zernial was not wearing his famous pink t-shirt as featured on his '52T card.
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Another addition to my Topps 1960 AS collection.

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I have added 3 more autos to my 61 Pirates Team set

Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    My best prewar card so far, not in great shape but they are tuff to find in any condition.

Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    My Manny Ramirez Game used signed (and inscribed 2004 WS MVP) bat arrived yesterday. I already got the two thumbs up on the PSA/DNA quick opinion on it...and I will be sending it in for a full LOA within a couple weeks. I have a few other items I want to send in with it...

Manny used the bat in his 2004 season, the year the sox ended the curse, and Manny got the WSMVP

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I picked this up with the sole intention of flipping it. I kinda like it though... I've got it up on Ebay right now, and if no one buys it, I might just keep it. It's #55/400, and his jersey is #55. Heh. image

image >>

I got 4 of his rookies last week myself....

this one # 1 of 25 I may hold, in case he gets 20 wins (lol)
    image >>

Well, he should get his 9th win tonite.....That's 9-0...
    I am beginnning to like that 1/25 rookie auto I picked up more and more....
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Got this today...

• Options
    Couple of pick-ups for my personal collection....

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Great job guys! Nice pickups!!! Can't wait until I'm back to being a regular on this thread.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Picked up another 55, this one looks close to a 7

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Some new ticket stubs for my collection. And a copy of the brick we have outside of PNC park.section 1897 right by the Honus Wagner statue at front entrance.If your ever at the stadium you can do like my kids and walk all over me!

imageimage

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got this today...

image >>

Long before he became one of our senators! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Ticket stub from Clemente's last game. Low grade but I'll get it slabbed. Unhappy to see a PWE in the mail after begging the guy to let me pay extra for good packaging.

• Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Those ticket stubs are cool, guys. I really like the Pitt-Penn State ticket.

I wonder if any full tickets from that game exist? That would be a nice one to own.

Robert
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a neat card for my "project 51"

• Options
    I always enjoy looking at the diverse collections posted here. The ticket stubs are very interesting. Do you match them up with the box scores from the game or a newspaper cliping about the game?

Here is my recent purchase:

• Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    STUNNING!! SWEET 5!! WOW!! Did you get it at an auction house, i didnt see it in completed ebay?

<< <i>I always enjoy looking at the diverse collections posted here. The ticket stubs are very interesting. Do you match them up with the box scores from the game or a newspaper cliping about the game?

image >>

• Options
    Best card I have seen posted in a long time.
  • Options
    Thanks. It is a card that I have wanted for a long time but could never find one that grabbed me. This one grabbed me when I saw it. I picked it up in the recent Robert Edwards auction.
  • Options
    WOO-HOO, 1st Graded by GAI (LOL)....

.. hope I can get it out of GAI 1st graded holder and cross it over...

$39
  • Options
    Uggla's best rookie

1 of 1
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I always enjoy looking at the diverse collections posted here. The ticket stubs are very interesting. Do you match them up with the box scores from the game or a newspaper cliping about the game?

image >>

Card of the year!

Congratulations!

That's is too sweet for words - so how about a big WOW!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    That Anson card is truly breathtaking!
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

Wow. That's all I can think of to say. Just wow. congrats
  • Options
    Guru,

I like the Bunning letter. Do you know the purpose of the meeting?
  • Options
    nice anson! one of his best cards

another T3

• Options
    The newest addition to my personal collection.....

• Options
    Got this in the mail today, nice addition to my Tarkenton collection.

• Options
    By far one of my favorite threads - it's like going to the museum of sportscards!

Sweet Tarkenton card!

Thanx guys.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

<< <i>By far one of my favorite threads - it's like going to the museum of sportscards! >>

Totally agreed! I love seeing all the great cards getting picked up.
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

I'm jealous!!image
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Dodger on the '56 Mathews was out or safe? Did Eddie get the ball and tag him before he (Dodger) rolled over and touched the bag?
  • Options
    $18 and you dont need to be jealous anymore...

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

I'm jealous!!image >>

• Options

MINT GLOSSY OF BIGGIOS SCORE TRADED ROOKIE IS PRETTY TOUGH

I think I got a decent deal because seller didnt put year in description.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my first addition to this thread, I really enjoy seeing everyone's purchases!

Kareem buyback autograph

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, here's the other item that arrived today. Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Couple of new additions today to the personal collection......

• Options
    The T9 Turkey Red Boxing cards are kind of a subset of the T3 Baseball set - there's a total of 26 different boxers and I just picked up #3.
    On 22 to go - not sure when I'll ever finish it but this is a fine pickup for a fair price IMO.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice cards. I grew up near Gary Carter. My friend would babysit his child. He was always a great guy especially with the neighborhood kids. One day I will put together a player set of his.

I like the T3 and T9. They are like paintings. I remember when I was putting a T3 set together, I decided that the T9s would be a great compliment. However, the ADD in me stopped me short of my goal in completing the set. I ended up selling all of my T3s and T9s and swore that I wouldn't start another set. That did not last too long as I am now working on a 1915 CJ set. Here is one of the CJs that I recently purchased.

• Options
    Great cards above, just got these in-