Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Nice pickup, Bob! I was very close to pulling the trigger on that one myself.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Few new additions...

1951 Heisman Dick Kazmaier

1973 Heisman John Cappelletti

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great cards guys.

Snorto - you've been busy!

You picked up some great 35 chicles! Also - I really like the Chicago Fire ticket!

I picked this up this year - can't remember if I posted it? Probably did.

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Picked up these beaters today. Sorry for the non-sports

• never mind
  • Downtown,

Gorgeous Snider!
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    One more for the set:

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    Stingray,
    Man you gotta' find a large lot of those 76's. One card at a time is going to kill you.

Thanks for posting the scans, I love that design.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15

<< <i>Stingray,
    Man you gotta' find a large lot of those 76's. One card at a time is going to kill you.

Thanks for posting the scans, I love that design. >>

All I can afford!!image
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

A T218 I picked up raw. Soon to be slabbed. Probably a 4. Hard to tell from looking at the card, but this guy's a billiards player.

• DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Another Carlton for my collection....

Two more for the set:

imageimage
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    It seems like I haven't posted here in a while.... Here we go, a bunch of rookie cards picked up during the last few weeks...

Al Rosen - 1953 AL MVP
    Unanimous choice for AL MVP. .336 avg, 43 hrs, 145 rbi. Led the league in HRs and RBI, but just missed the Batting Title (and the Triple Crown) by .001.

Mike Cuellar - 1969 AL CY (tied with Denny McLain in voting, so both got the award)
    Had a solid season with a 23-11 record, 2.38 era, 182 strikeouts, and 5 shutouts.
    while his rookie card in from 1959, his rookie year wouldn't come until 1964 with the Cardinals.

John Montefusco - 1975 NL ROY
    15 - 9, 4 shutouts, 215 strikeouts (7 games with 10+ strikeouts), and a 2.88 era. Had solid '76 season, but was never a standout again. Hopefully this won't be the fate of Tim Lincecum.

Ray Knight - 1986 WS MVP (Mets vs Red Sox)
    Led Mets batters in hits, and hit the tie breaking 7th inning HR in Game 7, which gave the Mets the lead for good.

Jack Perconte - a successful minor leaguer, though none of that success followed him into the majors. He now runs a baseball academy where he'll teach your kids how to play baseball.
    Mike Scioscia - won the 2002 AL Manager of the Year when he lead the Anaheim Angels to their first ever World Series appearance, and victory.
    Fernando Valenzuela - 1981 NL CYA & ROY
    13-7, 180 strikeouts, 8 shutouts, and 7 games with 10+ strikeouts. His rookie season was a sign of things to come, as Fernando enjoyed several more years of dominance in Dodger Blue. Only pitcher ever to win both the ROY and the CYA in the same year.

Javy Lopez - the man behind the plate for Atlanta's big 3 (Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz) during their era of greatness. A power hitting catcher, Javy played in 3 All Star games, and led the team with his bat in the 1996 NLCS, winning the MVP honors (however, this only gave Atlanta the honor of being the first victim of the Joe Torre Yankees juggernaut.)

Jeff Kent - 2000 NL MVP
    With 33 hrs, 125 rbi, and a .334 avg, Kent beat out teammate Barry Bonds for the MVP honors.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Heres one I picked up a while back then got graded, figured it was the right time to post it. I just love the autos in this set, might have to buy a couple more. Go Pens!!!!

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    very nice crosby

that is a pretty card
    congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Couple of new additions today for my personal collection....

Dr. J.....

And the Great One....

• nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Got this one in last week. Only 8 cards left to upgrade!

• KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Heres one I picked up a while back then got graded, figured it was the right time to post it. I just love the autos in this set, might have to buy a couple more. Go Pens!!!!

image >>

What a great looking card. I love how Crosby has the same old school mentality as the old guys.... sign a perfect autograph almost every time. Thanks for sharing it.
  • 2 Upgrades for the Cowboy Collection

Thanks for looking
    Lenny
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Im on a low-budget... Value vintage is still fun.

Do these c1940s mini pennants have an ACC designation?

• scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    I was very happy when Mr. Ruth arrived yesterday!

Any chance this might have a shot at a half-point bump? The back is super clean.

Or should I cross it to GAI? Isn't that what you do with '33 Ruths? image

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was very happy when Mr. Ruth arrived yesterday!

Any chance this might have a shot at a half-point bump? The back is super clean.

Or should I cross it to GAI? Isn't that what you do with '33 Ruths? image

image >>

As beautiful as it is, it'll probably stay in the slab it is currently entombed in.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

Congrats on that Ruth! Very nice.

• elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Great stuff as always everyone.

smtjoy - Add another non-hockey collector to those who think that Crosby is awesome list.

nearmint - That 1960 Fleer Maguire rookie is killer. One of these days I am going to chase that set, but PSA 10 is way too ambitious for me.

BDB - I always dug that 1952 Bowman Landry, but maybe that is just the Cowboys fan in me?

A couple of highlights of my haul for the week, starting with some pretty limited rookie releases from players I semi-collect. The Dayne Jerseyback is limited to 20 made and the Leatherback to only 12. Alas, I just got them in hand when a hardcore Giants collector made me an offer I could not refuse on them. The Redman Topps Rookie Photoshoot auto is limited to 25 made and the Playoff Round Numbers auto parallel to 30.

And, lest anyone think I have abandoned my love for the vintage football, here are the latest additions to my 1955 Topps All American set:

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend... it feels like summer here and way none too soon in my opinon!

Snorto~

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scooter, That Ruth is just jaw dropping. Definetly my favorite Ruth issue.

<< <i>Scooter, That Ruth is just jaw dropping. Definetly my favorite Ruth issue. >>

Thanks, I felt the same way and needed to have it when I saw it! Thanks for the comments!!
    Scott
  • A nice group i picked up from Rajah-
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I picked up a few shinny new cards to add to the Perez collection.

imageimage
    imageimage

here is one that got away

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• nice cards....but i dont get the correlation between manny and tony perez??
  • mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭

<< <i>nice cards....but i dont get the correlation between manny and tony perez?? >>

No correlation I am aware of. Overtime Perez has been paired with many players without apparent connection. He was with Prince Fielder recently for instance. I think with Manny it may be the hispanic connection. More likely is they end up with a set of players for the set with jerseys, etc. and then they need to pair them up and some are natural fits and others are more of a stretch. Personally, there are so many cards with Perez, Morgan, Bench, etc. that it is nice to have some variety.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• << <i>

<< <i>nice cards....but i dont get the correlation between manny and tony perez?? >>

No correlation I am aware of. Overtime Perez has been paired with many players without apparent connection. He was with Prince Fielder recently for instance. I think with Manny it may be the hispanic connection. More likely is they end up with a set of players for the set with jerseys, etc. and then they need to pair them up and some are natural fits and others are more of a stretch. Personally, there are so many cards with Perez, Morgan, Bench, etc. that it is nice to have some variety. >>

ok, cool...just thought maybe i was overlooking the obvious....I collect manny.

Sweet barrel by the way, what did that set you back?

Just got these back from PSA today. The only real surprise was the Crowley. I already had a Crowley in 5... and really only submitted this one because I thought it had a shot at a 6... but a 7 will work, too. Haven't decided yet whether to keep it or sell.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Crowley Bryon, and I think you got hosed on the Johnson.
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Eck's OTHER rookie cards. Can't imagine how cheap these are while a regular Topps in PSA 9 can sell for over $500+.

Bryon

Those T218s are incredible! Great colors - look way better than the grade.

Brian

Two incredible Ecks!

Thanx for sharing.
    mike
    Mike
  • Great cards above, the ruth is awesome! I also must say i like that Redmond auto cool card, same goes for the Eddie Shore and the Jack Johnson, sweet vintage. Great cards above for sure. Here are two of my latest-

• a couple more T3s

• poor scan on ebay...will post better pic once i get it in...

• Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great looking T3s and that T218 Jack Johnson up there.

1907 Red Belt series postcard "Safe". Background, Photo depicts Jimmy Collins (HOF) and an unknown player at Huntington Avenue Grounds c1905. This was a Cincinnati Reds (NL) tribute set, thus the erasure of the "BOSTON" (AL) from the jersey. A bizarre choice of photo by Morgan Stationary;

MajorDanby, LOVE the T3 Rhoads - great price on that card too! I forgot to put my snipe in on that one - for such a scarce card you got a steal on that one!

Happy to see it went to a board member at least....
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
  • Hard to find non-sticker autos of Biggio

<< <i>Great looking T3s and that T218 Jack Johnson up there.

1907 Red Belt series postcard "Safe". Background, Photo depicts Jimmy Collins (HOF) and an unknown player at Huntington Avenue Grounds c1905. This was a Cincinnati Reds (NL) tribute set, thus the erasure of the "BOSTON" (AL) from the jersey. A bizarre choice of photo by Morgan Stationary;

image >>

Great PC Lad7!

Of interest - the pick of Jimmy Collins - he's playing in "street shoes" in the photo! Also, if memory serves - there's a variation of that card.

I like it! Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
    MD

Great pickups on the T3s!

The Rhoades is one of the 'tough' cards in the set - congratulations!

mike
    Mike