Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>First, I am calling shannanigans on Big Daddy "Bowman" for picking up those TAAs... and, yes, it has everything to do with not wanting competition bidding on this set!

>>

I apologize for my recent indiscretion away from Bowman ...I will not let it happen again! image
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>

<< <i>First, I am calling shannanigans on Big Daddy "Bowman" for picking up those TAAs... and, yes, it has everything to do with not wanting competition bidding on this set!

>>

I apologize for my recent indiscretion away from Bowman ...I will not let it happen again! image >>

Yeah, well, see to it that it doesn't. I like it much better when you are outbidding Perk.

Snorto~
    Yeah, well, see to it that it doesn't. I like it much better when you are outbidding Perk.

Snorto~ >>

Yeah, perk and I have the same collecting taste, so he is my sworn enemy when we are "on the hunt." LOL. I think I outbid him today on a sweet 53 Bowman Tittle..I hope he is not pissed at me for it. image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image YES RYAN!!!!!!!!! You did Beat me out on that Tittle!!! image/image

Honestly though, I didnt deserve to win that card with the bid I put in, Im glad it found a good home.. BUT be advised... Had I NOT worked a double today that cards destiny might have been changed a little bit- kinda like made its way to the East Coast!

Enjoy the card Ryan!

Snorto, I just might be "Expanding" my tastes towards those sweeeeet looking Leafs...............image

Edit. And Snorto, just incase you missed the arrival of my WHITE WHALE- her ya go! ( I need to post it again to help me through the pain of missing out on that Tittle! )

• elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>
    Snorto, I just might be "Expanding" my tastes towards those sweeeeet looking Leafs...............image

Edit. And Snorto, just incase you missed the arrival of my WHITE WHALE- her ya go! ( I need to post it again to help me through the pain of missing out on that Tittle! )
    >>

Oi! No Leafs for you! Now you did it, made me go all Leaf Nazi on you.

Both sweet cards, but I have to assume the Giff rookie was the white whale, yes? Congrats!

I have always coveted the Tom Landy (sans fedora) from that set... so many cards, so little cash.

Snorto~

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Oi! No Leafs for you! Now you did it, made me go all Leaf Nazi on you.

Both sweet cards, but I have to assume the Giff rookie was the white whale, yes? Congrats!

I have always coveted the Tom Landy (sans fedora) from that set... so many cards, so little cash.

Snorto~ >>

You assumed right- the Giff is the one! Ever since I got insane with the Football I too realized that awful thing called reality.. too many cards not enough cash! image
  • How could I forget to post my new Jackie? image

That really is a beautiful card Alan- you did really well with that one. image

• << <i>That really is a beautiful card Alan- you did really well with that one. image >>

Thanks Paul image

Next.... Duke Snider's RC image
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>

<< <i>That really is a beautiful card Alan- you did really well with that one. image >>

Thanks Paul image

Next.... Duke Snider's RC image >>

Good luck with the Duke, these early sets are LOADED.

I've got to find myself a 1948 Bowman Johnny Sain ,in about a 4-5, now and those things don't come up on the bay often.
  • You're right. The last 4 sold on eBay for $19.50 on 3/11/07. The last 5 sold on eBay for $23.27 on 9/23/07.

It's been over half a year since one was sold! Dang dude! Good luck finding one!

Snider's RC is not all that tough. I'll be looking for a 6 and the VCP average is $576.42 (much less than I spent on Jackie). One just sold on 3/30/08 for $540.00 on the bay.
  • kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I'm still getting used to this high tech stuff...

<< <i>You're right. The last 4 sold on eBay for $19.50 on 3/11/07. The last 5 sold on eBay for $23.27 on 9/23/07.

It's been over half a year since one was sold! Dang dude! Good luck finding one!

Snider's RC is not all that tough. I'll be looking for a 6 and the VCP average is $576.42 (much less than I spent on Jackie). One just sold on 3/30/08 for $540.00 on the bay. >>

There's a Sain PSA 4 sitting in someone's ebay store for $30. Problem is that they don't accept paypal and I'm not too big on the whole money order thing.

I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger on a '51 Sain blue back that's a 6 for $40 that's also in an ebay store.

Decisions, decisions.......image
    BEAUTIFUL T3 Major Danby. The player isn't bad either image

The Spahn will be off to PSA for authentication in a few days.

• PERFECT mailday! Thought I would share.

Kiley Shea Adair

Born: 3:11am Saturday April 5th, 2008

6 lbs, 9 oz - 18 in. long

3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Congratulations Pete14Rose!

Some new pick-ups:

Congrats! Is that how it happens nowadays?? they come in the mail? image

• << <i>PERFECT mailday! Thought I would share.

Kiley Shea Adair

Born: 3:11am Saturday April 5th, 2008

6 lbs, 9 oz - 18 in. long

image >>

Congradulations man!!!!!!

Very cute baby image

Giovanni
    Congratulations on the new addition Jay! image
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    My first contribution to the best thread here.

Drew that Namath is SWEEEEET! I love the yellow background on that card, very nice!

• << <i>My first contribution to the best thread here. >>

And a MIGHTY contribution it is! NICE NAMATH man!!

Although, I have to disagree with this being the best thread here... that honor goes to Bryon's Mantle quest image
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    thanks guys, I was stoked to add it to the collection, and at about $275 under last 5 VCP average sale price, I really was pumped at what I got it for. It is definitely the cornerstone of my football card collection. My awesome wife actually urged me to bid on the card and was just as excited to see we won it and called me when it arrived and scanned and e-mailed to me at work.

• << <i>thanks guys, I was stoked to add it to the collection, and at about $275 under last 5 VCP average sale price, I really was pumped at what I got it for. It is definitely the cornerstone of my football card collection. My awesome wife actually urged me to bid on the card and was just as excited to see we won it and called me when it arrived and scanned and e-mailed to me at work. >>

That's fantastic man! I'd DEFINITELY recommend re-scanning it with a black background. The colors on that card will pop like Orville Redenbacher man.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew

That's a beauty! Congratulations - it's a card I've always wanted but no got!

Jay

Congratulations - it's a 10!!!!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Congrats on the kid Pete14Rose!!!
  • Thank everyone!

Jay
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Drew nice card! does that card have a variety?

Steve

Good for you.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    pete
    great pick!!! congrats!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A batch of new additions...

Todd Helton

Bo Jackson (1989 All Star Game MVP) - I sold one of these for just over $100 last year when it was "low pop," and just bought this one a week or soo ago for under $15/dlvd. Heh.

Rolaids Relief Pitcher Award winners...

Dan Quisenberry - 5 time winner (80, 82, 83, 84, 85)

Jeff Russell - 1989 AL winner ........................................................... Tom Henke - 1995 AL winner
    imageimage
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • The Aaron is from Raw Card Saturday, Thanks Ron Burgundy.

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    A couple more for the set:

imageimage
    Happy Birthday to me....Happy Birthday to me..Happy Birthday Dear BigDaddy, Happy Birthday to me!

WOOOHOOO!!!

Yep,, I turned another year wiser today....37...as my wife says I am officially in my late 30's.

Besides spending the day with my kids, the best present came in the mail today...A 48 Bowman Sid Luckman Rookie PSA 6. I am pumped! The card is MUCH nicer than I thought it would be from the scan I had seen. I have little doubt that it will cross to a 7. Super card!

Very Nice Ryan! I know you really wanted that one for awhile and now you got it!!! SWEEEET looking 6 too!!!

• This came in the mail today. All I can ask is got bling?

I played a little ball in high school, but this will be as close as I will come to a ring.

1990 Georgia Tech National Championship ring. I was 6 when they won it.

My camera sucks so here are the auction pics:

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Cool item! Is it a replica or did it belong to one of the players?

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey

• << <i>Cool item! Is it a replica or did it belong to one of the players?

Chris >>

It's the real deal. 10K gold with CZs (the NCAA doesn't use diamonds). The ring fits me so the guy must have been the water boy or something.
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    This is a scan of what is supposed to be an NFL made for TV slide Walter Payton 1976 action photo. They had generic slide photos, I guess I'm a little disappointed. Wanted to make a print for a friend who is a big Payton fan.

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    1973 OPC Orlando Cepeda

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

<< <i>Happy Birthday to me....Happy Birthday to me..Happy Birthday Dear BigDaddy, Happy Birthday to me!

WOOOHOOO!!!

Yep,, I turned another year wiser today....37...as my wife says I am officially in my late 30's.

Besides spending the day with my kids, the best present came in the mail today...A 48 Bowman Sid Luckman Rookie PSA 6. I am pumped! The card is MUCH nicer than I thought it would be from the scan I had seen. I have little doubt that it will cross to a 7. Super card!

image >>

Very nice card Big D!

I know it's B&W - but it's a favorite of mine.

Where are you at now with the set?
    mike
    Mike
    Superb Ring Brian!

So - thinkin' about a Phd from Tek?

What's the size on the ring?
    mike
    Mike

• << <i>This is a scan of what is supposed to be an NFL made for TV slide Walter Payton 1976 action photo. They had generic slide photos, I guess I'm a little disappointed. Wanted to make a print for a friend who is a big Payton fan.

image >>

Very nice oddball item!

Giovanni
    That's funny...Luckman did look like Belushi LOL!image
    I heard Luckman could throw a ball like Bluto could throw a party!

I am just under 50% on the 48 B set.
  • AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

On of my favorite '55AA "updates."
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    that's a very cool ring!!

congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started