12346»

Comments

• WorldCoinsDmitryWorldCoinsDmitry Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

@WorldCoinsDmitry said:
    @lor> @TwoKopeiki said:

@WorldCoinsDmitry said:
    Awesome thread idea :)

I'm Dmitry from NYC (originally Ukraine).

Nice! I spent most of my childhood in Zaporozhye before immigrating over to US (and consequently Canada).

Oh cool, I also came to the US as a child. I see you heavily collect Spanish colonials. I collect contemporary counterfeits of the same :)

Nice - I dabbled in counterfeits in my earlier days of collecting this series with a lot of conversations with Bob Gurney and time spent reading through Riddell's reference. It's a fascinating area of collecting that has seen some increased interest over the last few years due to some new references being published by John Lorenzo and Bob. If you have some CCF's to share - i'd love to see them!

I've posted quite a few over the years, but on CCF and CT (username Numismat on both), I think you're around on at least one of them.

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

• ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭

Nice to see this thread again! And so many familiar and new faces.

I'm still collecting, a bit more streamlined now, but enjoy having a random part of the collection.

I still have the coin in my avatar that was picked up at a TOREX show in Toronto sometime in the mid 2000s.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan said:
    I'm still here and a lot older and grumpier.

We love you all the same, Don!

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

@ajaan said:
    I'm still here and a lot older and grumpier.

We love you all the same, Don!

Thank you Roman.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2021 8:28PM

Hope all the posters in this thread are ok, alive and well and still into coins .

Would love see some coins in their collection .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

We also had a few new faces on the forums since this thread was updated last!

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am on CCF for some years now. ever since we all left CCC

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

I'm glad this post has returned to the top. I just realized that a bunch of Darksiders are either gone, banned, or never posted on this thread. I was apparently the second post on the thread in 2005, and how times have changed! I am 71 now, nearing 72 (hah! I should live so long!) and I am still collecting the Victorian Type Set. I branched out into British Conder Tokens, and a handful of ancients just because I like them. I am heavily into US Large Cents (middle dates mostly) and I'm still trying to find a decent affordable (for me) Gothic Crown. I have moved temporarily to the Pacific Northwest from New Mexico, and am wondering where the heck the sun went! I have several Byzantine Folles and will probably add to that collection as I can.

I lost my wife of 42 years 6 1/2 years ago. My kids are grown, but chronically unemployed. The pandemic has me pretty much house-bound and getting an appointment for a vaccine is near impossible up here. That is frustrating. But nothing really interferes with my love of coin collecting.

For those who haven't posted here yet, or are new to the Darkside forum, please give it a shot. We'd all love to hear from you! For all the old-timers who are still here, I truly hope you are all well and enjoying life as much as possible.

Many good wishes to you all!

Tom

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great old post

I guess I came across the Darkside about the middle of page 3 of this thread.

I've learned a TON ( you know I mean it, I used all caps there) from the members of this forum and I've happily gotten to know many of you.

I collect ancient (mostly Roman), world silver and gold, medieval and all Cuban coins.
    Focus will be the keynote of my success I say. :)

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque