Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What registries are you #1 in?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>[q Kobes, I know your young,unmarried,do not own a home et. ( just thought I would remind you being as you don't care how much money I have maybe you DO care how much money YOu do not have!), anyway, I would answer any real question you have if you really wanted to know something from me. But you don't.I am your date when you come on here.You obviously have no family to care for so you have ME to play with! It's cool. I would still buy you a beer at the National.For me this is just a break and you are entertainment. We can discuss real cards and collectibles if you like. I have expertisein Plein air impressionistic paintings as well. Maybe you enjoy art! Really Kobe,nothing you write will bother me,I have children with pets and fish tanks to clean for that.(I don't have to take the garbage out any longer Thank God~). So it's all you. I really was wondering what state you live in and what type of job you have but you seem not to want to disclose this "holding" and just want to bash me. can't you be civil?It's easy for me.

I know Kobeit's "you're"...hey,notice when Anthony(Gtriffins) asked me a few questions I answered them. I'll probably do a trade with him. We could do that too if you like.You' might even enjoy that! just a thought. Incidently, I do not care about "registry awards and honors" as you speculate. I use it as a checklist to compare to my insurance policy listing. I do not walk around town as you think asking people if they would like to see my 68 Topps PSA 9 Nolan Ryan. really friend.

image >>

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    I rarely post on the Registry since I don't have any sets on it. I do read it. The greatest gift I actually got this year was an electric pepper mill from my son who happened to notice that my arthritis was bothering me and twisting was painful. For that I am truly thankful.
    I would like to say Happy Holidays and I hope everyone has a great New Years!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    stone you come here and act all nice!

what a mood killer!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I don't have HBO, so I'm working my way through "The Sopranos" by renting the DVDs. Anybody know if Tony ever gets Dr. Melfi into bed? I think she's hot, in a gravely-voice Demi Moore kinda way.
  • Options

Just in a dream sequence, and nothing elaborate at that... Gotta figure they are saving that for the last year. Lorraine Braco (Dr. Melfi) was willing to take it all off on Broadway, so I doubt she would shy away from the scene if it were suggested.
  • Options
    By that logic I'm probably # 1 in the Norm Cash registry. It's ponderous that lesser players
    have registries but Norm cash (1959-1974) does not. I have asked several times but they are busy
    updating their useless SMR guides instead
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options

<< <i>Just in a dream sequence, and nothing elaborate at that... Gotta figure they are saving that for the last year. Lorraine Braco (Dr. Melfi) was willing to take it all off on Broadway, so I doubt she would shy away from the scene if it were suggested. >>

There's a scene in the first season (different dream?) where she walks naked out of the shower, but you don't see naked bod and Bracco's face in the same shot. I assumed it was a different actress from the neck down.
  • Options
    We all owe a big thanks to Marz for proving to us ones worth in the world is definitely not measured by ones possessions or even by the number of times one can sucessfully impregnate his wife.

I have been so impressed by Marz' writings I had to make an inquiry about this character. The Life of Brian--no, not the Monty Python movie, is a very interesting one. I have been told he tends to exaggerate things--all things, not limited to his net worth and his advance martial arts abilities. He is a broken record and will always put down someone who is not married and does not have a house full of kids. He is a stay at home dad and the husband of a working wife--I am sure this is why he tries to over compensate by pushing others around here. He sells portions of his collection to make ends meet at home. For instance he sold the E94 Cobb PSA 7 that he still has listed in his set registry. What else is listed he no longer owns?

Should you cross him he will begin by calling you sanctimonious and at some point reduce himself to making a threat of bodily harm. I have never met the guy but was informed he is far from an imposing threat at 5 foot 8 inches and a soft 160 lbs.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    I disagree.

No matter what people tell me about the guy, I still think that Brian is a good person. Some people have called the man psychotic; others call him a pompous ass; others call him a a liar; still others have told me to simply "ignore the ass-clown", but I do not think he is any of the above.image

Marz has extend his hand to help a poor brother out with a job in Las Vegas. For that, I am eternally grateful to this multi-millionaire with a heart of gold. image
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    martial arts?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Yup....deadly just like Jean Claude VanDamm

Makes you think twice about courting his daughter now, doesn't it?
  • Options
    Don't care about about martial arts or who Marz really is or anything else, I just wanna to see the $2 million collection! Such a gorgeous assemblage of cards and coins would be a treat for the senses. Please post scans or a link or something. If my collection was worth $2 million, I'd have a catalog printed!
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Koby, I've taken the "ignore the class clown" route, although I have really enjoyed the way you have egged him on over the last few days. I would also like to see some scans of the collection.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    Nice Buck card, Brian.
    The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

• Options

<< <i>Nice Buck card, Brian. >>

You're just jealous that you don't have two million of those "Buck" cards like Brian.

When you have so many different cards together, it makes one hell of a display. I imagine that storage alone would cost a fortune.

• Options
    It would be nice to have that card...but jealous? Nahhhh.
    The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

• Options

<< <i>Yup....deadly just like Jean Claude VanDamm >>

my kung fu is stronger..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>I imagine that storage alone would cost a fortune. >>

With 8 kids, a wife, 7 pet goldfish and a turtle, he must have a massive home in CA. His net worth could be pushing 50 mill. Nobody sticks 2 mill into what he has just on the registry having responsibilities like these.

As for pictures of his collection, here is a quote from an e-mail I got from someone who knows Brian well. "beware he will end up showing pics of cards he doesnt own and never owned. hell claim to have other big rare cards but will never get images of these one of a kinders but will refer to them constantly."
  • Options
    Martial arts? Does he possess nunchuck skills like Napoleon Dynamite?
  • Options
    Who's Napoleon Dynamite?

• Options
  • Options
    Oh.

• Options

<< <i>Who's Napoleon Dynamite? >>

·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Should you cross him he will begin by calling you sanctimonious and at some point reduce himself to making a threat of bodily harm. I have never met the guy but was informed he is far from an imposing threat at 5 foot 8 inches and a soft 160 lbs. >>

Has anyone ever actually met this idiot? I am surprised that no one knows the guy even though he claims to be such a fixture in our hobby.
  • Options
    Thanks for the pic pandrews !!!

My daughters brought that DVD home and I cracked up at it. You will either love it or hate it.

The ramblings reminded me of that.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Has anyone ever actually met this idiot? I am surprised that no one knows the guy even though he claims to be such a fixture in our hobby. >>

I disagree. I don't think the guy is an idiot.

Marz, I don't think you are full of crap like everyone says you are.

What is the rarest card that you have? Can you post a scan?

• Options
    Given Marz has not come back to flame all of us I am wondering if he is still among us.
  • Options
    Hopefully the moderators did not ban Marz like they did with his other ID "Caramels"

If he is banned again, I don't know how we are going to replace all that information about sportscards and weightlifting. image

Marz,

If you are no longer with us, I wish you the best of luck with your two million dollar collection. image

Don't listen to what other posters are saying. I think there is nothing wrong with being a housemom. In fact, my own mother was a housemom, until she found an office job. Keep up the good work. image

Koby

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Koby: imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options

I don't usually agree with Koby, but this has to be one of the funniest threads ever.

• Options

<< <i>If he is banned again, I don't know how we are going to replace all that information about sportscards and weightlifting. image >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    pandrews, That thing is so gross. Disgusting.
  • Options
    Is that a man in a bikini, or a woman with serious steroid issues? As for the other thing, I really wanted to see the $2 million collection, or even just the most valuable card / coin in it. I wish he'd come back.

You guys are so mean. image
  • Options
    not sure if Marz expertise is martial arts or marital arts
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    Hey I just (momentarily) made #1 in something.
    So what if its the guys across the street.
    I got an email from beckett and in it they mentioned set registries,
    and guess what, the 7 BGS cards I have from 1967 made me # 1 over there.
    Not that I have any wild dreams of completing a beckett graded set of 1967s
    unless PSA, really, really, really pisses me off somehow.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what sets Marz has on the registry? What are they named?
  • Options
    On second thought, it's not my place to speak for Marz...so I deleted this information.

• Options
    Marz wrote:

<< <i>I have six and they are all in Vintage pre-WW-1 material.

image >>

I am having difficulty finding the six pre-WW1 sets that are #1. Most of the sets have only one or two cards, but hardly anyof the set have over 25% completion.

Two million dollars ain't what it used to be.

• Options

<< <i>Marz wrote:

<< <i>I have six and they are all in Vintage pre-WW-1 material.

image >>

I am having difficulty finding the six pre-WW1 sets that are #1. Most of the sets have only one or two cards, but hardly anyof the set have over 25% completion.

Two million dollars ain't what it used to be. >>

Did I say 25%? I meant hardly any of the "sets" have over five percent completion.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    i could be wrong but i believe this is HIM i guess you have to click on other sets to see all of them?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    btw it is him because his name is brian daniels
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    It is Brian, aka BcD. This is also him
    BcD and Tango Eggs

He's been a very active collector for 30 years, his parents were art and coin dealers. Say what you want, but he'll forget more than most of us combined will ever know.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Anthony,

I agree. As much as I've struggled with Brian here, I respect his knowledge and his amazing collection. I hope he'll share some more of it with us. Your Tango Eggs set is amazing as well. I'm guessing that Brian is holding back, only registering the best of them?

JEB.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭

<< <i>now we have the competition of the last word too I see. it's all yours. I am not that competitive. >>

Possibly the funniest thing I have ever read. On a serious note, I would like to make myself available to your 17 year old daughter. I can fax you my tax returns (almost 8k last year!) and a picture. I would be interested in trading a few Nolan Ryan PSA cards for her, mainly 1988-1993. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • Options
    I would also like to add that I am incredibly handsome, nay, dashing. Tell her that. Plus I am old enough to buy her beer, but not too old to be creepy.
  • Options
    The vast majority of E card collectors I"ve spoken to prefer to keep their cards in another companies holders. I know Brian has begun crossing over a few, but what is on his registry is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Thanks for the kind words JEB, but the Tango's I have are the easy ones. 6 are a piece of cake, the other 2 take a bit of work to find, but are available. About 18 months ago I had 2-3 of each before selling off the extras. I haven't seen one I need in 2 years. I"ll have to drive up north, I"ll probably find one of the Daniels kids with a Bescher or Jennings in her bike spokes.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    heh
  • Options
    I don't have a link to the network54 boards from this comp, and I'm too lazy to search for it - any help?
  • Options
    Net 54

As for translating Brian, he's saying his posts are just for fun to wind people up. Don't take it too seriously.

• Options
    Griffens, You seem like you know the guy pretty well....have you ever seen the great cards from this collection?