Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What registries are you #1 in?

I'm #1 in the Orlando Cepeda Master Set (because no one else has registered a set) and in the Don Drysdale Master Set (because several people whose Drysdale Basic Sets beat my Master Set have not registered in the Master Set).

Nick
Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

Comments

• Options
    Nick,

I recently did a search on these boards for "1965 embossed" and, if I remember correctly, your name came up on several posts. With that in mind, I am #1 on the 1965 Topps Embossed registry. Although it is not a popular set, I am surprised that there is only 1 other set registered.
  • Options
    The Dock Ellis basic and master sets... of course the only set I really care about (Nolan Ryan basic set) I am third in. i'm also 2nd in the 87 Fleer basketball stickers set which is a billion times harder to accomplish in high grade than most people realize. A modern 11 card set and only 1 person has a GPA of 9.00 (mine is 8.91, that stupid card #11 Alex English is killing me, the last one to hit ebay sold for over $200)
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    My name comes up in posts about almost everything. I talk too much. image

I hadn't realized just how unpopular (or tough) that set is, until I searched eBay right now, and came across 3 Banks and 1 Clemente as the sum total for a search of psa embossed.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I think I'm the only one who has some Topps Nestle cards listed on the Registry - so in some sense that makes me a de facto #1, right?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    1984 Ralston forever #1 because they aren't grading them anymore image
    1976 Wonder Football, although not for long. A full set sold on ebay that's higher than mine, just not registered yet. Someone paid over $700 for that set!
  • Options
    Frank Thomas Basic and Master
    Bo Jackson Basic and Master
    1991 UD Nolan Ryan Heroes
    Roger Clemens Basic

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    No small player sets or obscure regionals or minor issues for me.

I am the top dog in two large major sets produced by the leading makers of sportscards.

I am sure you all are taken with envy over my outstanding 1982 Donruss baseball and 1987 Topps baseball sets. Both truly rare and extremely tough to get. Many go after such as 52 Topps or 53 Bowman or even 56 Topps, but don't have the guts to pursue these monster-size beauties as I have done so powerfully. Anyone can easily start a Ted Williams player set or a 1951 Bowman baseball set, but lack the collecting skill and fortitude to even try the amazing 82 Donruss or the monumental 87 Topps.

Of course it helps that there are only a few other knuckleheads goofy enough to collect these two sets. The fact that I am number one , along with 50 cents, will give me the honor of getting the daily paper.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    1984 donruss
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Dan Marino basic and master sets. There isn't much competition on the registry even though I have 2 or 3 people on E-Bay with bottomless pockets!!

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    rickey henderson basic (#2 on the master)
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I'll have the #1 (and only) 1951-1981 Reds Team Card set, when Cosetta & Crew get to it on their lengthy list. I hope other Cincyphiles will join me and even knock me down to 13th place.

Someday I will have #1 Lou Merloni / Donnie Sadler Combo Set, once I get my priceless collection graded and included in the registry. I'm having a hard time deciding on weights, though.
  • Options
    1970 Topps Football
    Archie Manning Basic and Master
    1980 Stop & Go Football

and a bunch of Saints team sets and obscure regional Saints sets...
    John Vineyard

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Alan Trammell basic and master sets, but there's competition creeping up...
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    Absolutley none of them.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reggie Jackson and Gary Carter master sets.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Number one Lawrence Taylor Basic and Master
    still building it!
    not alot of competition just one guy who is in second.
    Going to try to build a Walt Frazier and Earl Monroe also.
    Mark J. McCormack
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    Larry Bird Master set.

Always looking for cards I need in psa 9 or 10 but will take a lesser card until a better one comes along.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm number 1 in the Mr Mint basic and master set registry. I'm also trying to get a graded bobblehead registry started. If I'm successful, I'll also have the #1 ranked Mr Mint bobblehead set.
  • Options
    I have six and they are all in Vintage pre-WW-1 material.

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options

<< <i>I have six and they are all in Vintage pre-WW-1 material.

image >>

Please share! Do you have scans of the cards? I'll share my pre-WW-1 #1 registry set if you do!

JEB.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have six and they are all in Vintage pre-WW-1 material.

image >>

Please share! Do you have scans of the cards? I'll share my pre-WW-1 #1 registry set if you do!

JEB. >>

For insurance purposes I do have scans of each and every one. But the sets aren't to hard to find on the registry,not even for you. Just go ;look for any and everything you can't afford and there you will find them! image
  • Options

<< <i>...Just go ;look for any and everything you can't afford and there you will find them! image >>

Brian,

Why do you always have to be such an arrogant ass? I just like to share my collecting enjoyment with other collectors who choose to read and post here.

It's too bad that you see everything as a competition. Your attitude towards other collectors really sucks! It's not all about who can afford the most cards. image I know that you have a lot to share - that's why I posted - hoping you'd share something. I guess I was wrong again to assume that you had anything other than belittling others on your mind when you posted. image

For anyone interested, here is my Pre-WW1 #1 set. All cards are scanned, front and back, for your viewing pleasure! image

JEB.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...Just go ;look for any and everything you can't afford and there you will find them! image >>

Brian,

Why do you always have to be such an arrogant ass? I just like to share my collecting enjoyment with other collectors who choose to read and post here.

It's too bad that you see everything as a competition. Your attitude towards other collectors really sucks! It's not all about who can afford the most cards. image I know that you have a lot to share - that's why I posted - hoping you'd share something. I guess I was wrong again to assume that you had anything other than belittling others on your mind when you posted. image

For anyone interested, here is my Pre-WW1 #1 set. All cards are scanned, front and back, for your viewing pleasure! image

JEB. >>

The competitive child is actually YOU or you would never have wrote the sideways cheap shot santimonious and condescending comment above I responded to. You might wish to speak for yourself or not at all as to feelings of other's. It's not your concern. Furthermore,read my e-mail I sent you. I told you if you had an issue to clear it up but being a big boy behind a computer scrreen you choose to call me names instead. I will report it to the moderators and let them deal with you on this stuff.

• Options
    Not one time have I ever stuped to getting in on one of these name-calling tyraids, until now. I have to agree with JEB, way too many posts by you-know-who concentrated on belittling someone else. I have no #1 sets, and might not ever, but does that mean I'm less of a collector? No. Money doesn't make you the best, or coolest, or God-Almighty. It does different things to different people, some it obviously makes into an ass. Let people enjoy their cards and the cards of others, without trying to state how superior you are. Wow, 6 #1's. Congratulations, really. As a fan of cards, it's people like JEB, that make it enjoyable. We've had a couple of transactions, but that isn't even what I mean. Look at his sets. Really look at them. Pride is what makes a man waste tons of time on scanning in each card and including a little story for each, and nothing else. I would much rather browse through his sets than all those sitting at #1 with just a grade beside them, all because you can unconciusly write out checks.
  • Options

<< <i>Not one time have I ever stuped to getting in on one of these name-calling tyraids, until now. I have to agree with JEB, way too many posts by you-know-who concentrated on belittling someone else. I have no #1 sets, and might not ever, but does that mean I'm less of a collector? No. Money doesn't make you the best, or coolest, or God-Almighty. It does different things to different people, some it obviously makes into an ass. Let people enjoy their cards and the cards of others, without trying to state how superior you are. Wow, 6 #1's. Congratulations, really. As a fan of cards, it's people like JEB, that make it enjoyable. We've had a couple of transactions, but that isn't even what I mean. Look at his sets. Really look at them. Pride is what makes a man waste tons of time on scanning in each card and including a little story for each, and nothing else. I would much rather browse through his sets than all those sitting at #1 with just a grade beside them, all because you can unconciusly write out checks. >>

Maybe JEB can make personal attacks to you on a public board and thus make it "enjoyable". I merely know he knows all about what I have and had no good intentions in his cheap shot and proved it with the follw up. My original comment was simple. I have some number 1 listed sets.Nothing about money or even the cards themselves was mentioned. The RULES are simple-you cannot write as he has on here regardless. I have reported it! image
  • Options
    Heh©! image

JEB.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Brian,

JEB. >>

The competitive child is actually YOU or you would never have wrote the sideways cheap shot santimonious and condescending comment above I responded to. You might wish to speak for yourself or not at all as to feelings of other's. It's not your concern. Furthermore,read my e-mail I sent you. I told you if you had an issue you could contact me andclear it up but being a big boy behind a computer screen you choose to call me names instead. I will report it to the moderators and let them deal with you on this stuff. >>

• Options
    Deja Vu.

Heh©!image

JEB.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Marz,

<< <i>Maybe JEB can make personal attacks to you on a public board and thus make it "enjoyable". ............
    The RULES are simple-you cannot write as he has on here regardless. I have reported it! >>

This is the most whinyest and sissified excuse I've ever encountered. Two months ago you were ridiculing DGF's 77 set. Now your at it again, this time with Jason. I can take kidding, satire, etc. from the best of them but your obnoxiousness and arrogance hits below the waist line. JEB is as good as they come to the forum and collecting community, and you do a great disservice to the collecting public by rankling feathers instead of educating with your knowledge.

Please don't PM me about this either. I know why you choose the path you take; I just don't approve or agree with it. You can bet the vast majority of others feel the same way...........

BOTR

• Options
    orry, I do not call people a******s on public chat boards. commenting on cards is a far cry from personal attacks. And again,people should speak for themselves anod not the alleged feelings of others. Hearsay not only does not lend any credibility to an opinion it is also circumventing of the obvious,calling me an a******e. Repeat,the intent of JEB's comment to me was not with good intent.it's perpetual. His digs have always been there which is odd for one claiming not to be competitive. Don't worry, I won't PM you. really, it's almost funny. The guy claims not to be competitive but if I mentioned anything about money or value he would flip out again.
  • Options
    Heh©

JEB.
  • Options

<< <i>Heh©

JEB. >>

see1 A so called non-competitive person would not felt the need to respond. or call names!

imageimage
  • Options
    Heh©

JEB.
  • Options

<< <i>Heh©

JEB. >>

now we have the competition of the last word too I see. it's all yours. I am not that competitive. besides, I need to go put my children to bed.
    How many can you afford? Opps! here it comes....nuff said. I left you my e-mail address but I guess you need to continue to post on here so it's all you. I'm done with this thread.

• Options
    Settle down there, Marz. Where is your holiday spirit?
    Collecting Anything Yaz Related
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    the self worth of a man is not equivalent to his net worth
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Hey calleocho -

"I am the eggman
    They are the eggmen
    I am the walrus
    Goo goo g' joob
    Goo goo g' joob
    Goo goo g' goo
    goo goo g' joob goo
    juba juba juba
    juba juba juba
    juba juba juba juba
    juba juba ..."

some folks just don't get it ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

<< <i>... I will report it to the moderators and let them deal with you on this stuff. >>

Brian,

I just thought I'd drop you a reminder to report me to the moderators. I haven't heard from them yet.

Best of luck with your collection!

JEB.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Jeb - I know this is a little off-topic image - but that is one helluva nice T-218 set.
    Those 7s and 8s are incredible; thanks for the link and congrats on a truly first class set.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i>the self worth of a man is not equivalent to his net worth >>

This is Biblically falacious~

see this verse:

Ecclesiastes 10:19
    " A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything. "

I thought you'd like that!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>... I will report it to the moderators and let them deal with you on this stuff. >>

Brian,

I just thought I'd drop you a reminder to report me to the moderators. I haven't heard from them yet.

Best of luck with your collection!

JEB. >>

But you can't do that privately as it would mean standing alone in confidence. I suspect you have no wife or children or you would know better than to play these games. I wrote you but you'd rather broadcast your insults to gain a pat on the back. Your extremely competitive little buddie or it would not bother you what I write.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dude get a hobby... >>

I have a couple bro!

http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/display_cards.chtml?rsetid=16197&alltime=yes&requesttimeout=9999&rank=none&tied=0

Then these including a bunch of Number 1,2 and 3 best all time and then I have 17 more coin sets registered as well.
    I also teach jui-jitsu and weight training and basketball in a middle school co-op..... and with a house full of children ranging from 5 months to 17 years old.................I have tons of hobbies many of which are not even my own! Come on now,I have poured 2 million dollars into the set registry hobby!

Merry Christmas to you!
    >>

Don't listen to them, Marz. They are all just jealous that they do not have 2 million dollars to pour into the set registry like you. Keep on truckin.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Dude get a hobby... >>

I have a couple bro!

http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/display_cards.chtml?rsetid=16197&alltime=yes&requesttimeout=9999&rank=none&tied=0

Then these including a bunch of Number 1,2 and 3 best all time and then I have 17 more coin sets registered as well.
    I also teach jui-jitsu and weight training and basketball in a middle school co-op..... and with a house full of children ranging from 5 months to 17 years old.................I have tons of hobbies many of which are not even my own! Come on now,I have poured 2 million dollars into the set registry hobby!

Merry Christmas to you!
    >>

Gee Koby-you forgot to post my 17 registered coin sets. Coins,like cards are an expensive retirement hobby you know!

Don't listen to them, Marz. They are all just jealous that they do not have 2 million dollars to pour into the set registry like you. Keep on truckin. >>

• Options

<< <i>
    Gee Koby-you forgot to post my 17 registered coin sets. Coins,like cards are an expensive retirement hobby you know! >>

Well, I am not too familiar with rare coins, but I have heard that you have one of the finest card collections around.

• Options
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Jeez. And now back to our program.

After this thread started, I backed into #1 Current on the Bench Master Set because the leader dropped out. A sad loss. He's still #1 All-Time (retired), and I won't consider myself #1 until I pass him there. Which I will, unless he changes his mind and comes back. (nudge, nudge)
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    51 Topps Major League All Stars - had it put on the registry myself - always buying these by the way
  • Options

<< <i>I have poured 2 million dollars into the set registry hobby! >>

Yikes marz!! I hope you are talking about Jamaican dollars and not US.
  • Options
    Two million dollars is a lot of money

I'll bet Marz has one of the top collections in the entire hobby!

• Options

<< <i>I'll bet Marz has one of the top collections in the entire hobby! >>

He has a nice collection but it is not even close to one of the top. There is also no way he has 2 mill into it nor is it worth anything near 2 mill. If he did actually pay 2 mill for what he has listed he got taken.