Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Collectors Club Christmas Fund- New total $2500.00 including Marty's Auction- GREAT GOING EVER

Some of you new members that were not around last year at this time (actually I'm late) have no clue what this is all about. Some of you know very well, the people that totally misjudged me, my motive and underestimated my determination. (BTW, in retrospect, I can see why everybody felt the way they did...afterall, who was this newbie and his so-called charity?) Then there were those that believed in me and indeed the Christmas Charity Drive for the underprivileged came to fruition. I still have a list of all the people that donated coins or money and I accounted for every last dime of it, just like I said I would.

You see, I've been doing this alone for many years and last year I decided to at least ask if you guys would like to be included in this "Caring Numismatists at Christmas Charity Drive" and all Hell broke loose around here. I would just as soon forget that part because eventually several hundred dollars was raised, accounted for and distributed. I remember very well, indeed.

Well, for the last couple weeks I have been hesitating, procrastinated, figuring I would just go it alone. It would be so much simpler in many ways to go it alone, but once again, I've decided to at least ask if any of you would like to be included. I choose to remember the good that came from it all and yes...against all odds it came to be. Nothing/ Nobody was going to stop me from making this happen.....and happen it did!!

I was overwhelmed by the generosity of those who took part and was undeterred by those that misjudged me. It seems that other people before my time turned out to be "liars, scammers and thieves", using this as a way to line their own pockets. I do not blame anyone for jumping to conclusions about me back then as I had only been on the boards for a very short time...BUT NOW YOU KNOW ME, you know the caliber of coins I sell, and that I own a very nice Registry set( or so I've been told)

OK, so I've put it off long enough. I wouldn't be true to myself if I did not at least offer you guys the chance to participate and so, after all these years it's not about to stop now. I can honestly say that I have been blessed with a superior year that started with a Bang right out the blocks, right after Christmas and has endured/ continued to this very day! Blessing or coincidence?

If you are interested in taking part just PM me or email me at warren54@eatel.net That's it. I am not about to get in to any more BS accusations or insinuations. If you want to be a part of it, you're more than welcome to. If not, that's your perogative but "Last year" will NOT take place again! Thank you kindly. There...it is done!

Comments

• Options
    Warren - send me your paypal address and I'll send you a donation.

Frank
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thank you Frank. It's warren54@eatel.netimage
  • Options
    Boom,

I absolutely refuse to donate coins to your self serving cause !

(im kidding here dude)

However,i will try and scrape up a couple bucks to help your cause.

I aint got much,but i will try.

Proof
  • Options
    Thanks 100 Proof 1957 (Charles) and Frank. You guys are fantastic.image
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    Boom, I'll be sending you a Paypal donation.

Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You Got Cash.

What a great way to use a Ebay Refund because of their Goof Up from a few weeks ago.

Take Care.

Ken
  • Options
    I must say, "Thank You" to the following for their generosity but before I do, realize that there are some that would just as soon remain anonymous along with how much and or "What" they give. Make no mistake about it, complete records, down to the last dime, including what paypal takes, will be available from start to finish. With that being said, here is the current list which obviously, hopefully, will be revised often. Thanks everybody. Oh, BTW, ANYONE, including the owners, graders and all affiliated with PCGS are welcome to take part too.
    Frank-FC57coins
    100Proof1957- TWICE...Thanks!
    Fountainheadgold...TWICE
    haletj
    Fairlaneman
    Ksteelheader
    Coppernicus
    Phut- Thanks Tim, it arrived today, 11-18-04
    Steven Strong
    Oreville
    Goose3
    jonesy -TWICE... Thanks!! (*-*)
    manofcoins
    Cameonut
    Stork
    Rec'd a $200 donation from a dealer who wants to remain anonymous but hopes that other dealers & PCGS personell take part too.
    tonyhar
    ctgreatone
    mntnman
    eyoung
    Bajjerfan- Thanks Tom, for all of your extra help!(*-*)
    Billboat
    ddbird
    silverdollarman
    Vince
    Flyingcougar13*
    Tassa
    LilBitOfEverything
    Oldnewbie
    Jerry & Allan Huitt
    Mr. Timothy Clayton
    Sphinx357
    Uncle Wiggly
    KurtHorn
    zzzzzz
    MorganHunter2
    MAD MARTY
    TUMUSS
    melmcbee
    joeyuk

If I have forgotten anyone please draw it to my attention so that I can check all the printouts and accredit you.... all SEEMS to be in order now!

The figures and donors' IDs above and beyond this are available, to be disclosed ONLY with the permission of the donor(s).image However I WILL keep and post a running total on a regular basis all the way through this.
  • Options
    Donation sent.

Ken
  • Options
    Open Message to the forum

Booms on the Up and Up here.

Skip that next Double Cheeseburger and donate the 3 bucks or so to BF II and do a good turn and save your heart from all that bad cholesterol !

Goal should be a thousand bucks !

200 times 5 ? piece o cake !

Proof
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Envelope should be there Thursday.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I am placing an order for one of them too.

(Hint - a joke)

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Merry XMas too!
  • Options
    Oreville,

Place the order for some good will from the CCCCD
    Coin Collectors Charity Christmas Drive and not that DBL Cheeseburger with fries and a diet coke !

Everybody just skip lunch one day and donate the 6 bucks !

I did !

And you know what, Felt pretty good too !

Sound like im stumping for Boom ? Yep ! its 6 weeks till XMAS

Boom will do the right thing with the money,wether it be shut ins or kids.

Now that i think about it,the 89 year old lady 2 doors down might like to have Thanksgiving dinner with us,think i'll walk over there and ask her !

Proof
  • Options
    donation sent by paypal

Steve
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    100proof: Too late. I already placed my orders for boom!

Now regarding the 89 year old neighbor of yours? She has no family? That would be really cool if you guys did that!
  • Options
    Oreville, while I thank you I MUST stop you right NOW. You say you are "ordering" something. I have no idea what you mean. Last year I offered grab-bags and the workload was so tremendous that the stress almost killed me. I really have nothing to offer the masses this year the way I did last year so before anyone gets confused here or wants a refund, I am NOT at this point in time offering anything.

I may come up with something but not at the present time. Truth is, I thought about taking the easy way out and just copping out this year, but I can't...not after this has been such a big part of my life for so many years. I tell you all...I alluded to it earlier...Christmas was no more than just finished and the blessings started and have continued ALL YEAR LONG! With THAT, how can I now just walk away when God has been so good to me? Some of you may or may not know that I was told to my face by doctors effective 7-5-95, "You're NOT supposed to be here." Wellllll, I AM HERE, for a reason. Let's just leave it at that, OK?image
  • Options
    Oreville,

she has grand kids as old as me !

But,if nobody takes her to dinner,she's welcome here !

How many bucks are pledged ?

All we need is an MS66 Saints worth !

Go forum members !

Proof
  • Options
    OK..don't hijack my thread. I want to thank everyone that has stepped forward so quickly. I am truly touched by all of you.image

BTW, a few members have asked if it's OK to donate coins. Yes, this would be most welcomed. I will either sell the coin(s) on eBay or to a private customer, maybe even buy it myself and throw the money in the hat.

This will be run in such a way that the books will be wide open and available for scrutiny by those who participate should there be any doubts.image
  • Options
    I got this from Oreville, my dear friend Oreville. I thought I would share it with all of you. It's touching, to say the least.

Boom:

What am I ordering?

Besides the 1957-D cent in F-15 condition (was meant as a joke as believe it or not, those things are REALLY disappearing, LOL)?

What I am ordering is peace, health and happiness! Health is for you and me as I already know about the other two. Health gets more important as both of us get older!

From the Jewish Star to the Southern Cross. Now if only those folks in the Middle East could only get it!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Oreville
  • Options
    Go Boom !
  • Options
    Michael
  • Options
    Hey Boom,

Hows about i send you 10 RAW 1969 S Linkys for the BST forum,sell em as BU ( they are) for whatever anyone wants to donate ?

Proof
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paypal donation sent. I admire what you are doing.
    Cameonut

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Thanks NUT !
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom

Thank You for the Email. Your time and effort that is put into a holiday uplifting for the less fortunate is admired. May this be a Huge Success for you and the people that receive the benefits.

Again Thanks for the kind words.

Ken
  • Options
    Warren--I was here last year but must have missed the furor. Still have your address from the last time we dealt--will mail cash Monday---Bill
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now that i think about it,the 89 year old lady 2 doors down might like to have Thanksgiving dinner with us,think i'll walk over there and ask her ! >>

• Options
    Michael
  • Options
    I have printed every paypal transaction. I have everyone's real Names, email addresses and actual confirmed addresses. I said just this morning that the books are wide open and that every last dime will be accounted for. This is no longer B00M's Charity Drive...IT IS YOURS...I am just the Grunt and I am honored just to represent all of you and wish to thank every last one of you.
    I am overwhelmed by the positive response this has taken on just day ONE. Today, DAY ONE, I am proud to say that the total amount raised comes to exactly $274.60. Thank you. I assure you all, I will represent you the very best I can. No, this is NOT The B00M Foundation...this is moreso, the caring members of the "PCGS Collectors Club Christmas Drive" or someting more suitable and I hope that long after I am gone someone picks up the torch and keeps this thing going. I am truly moved by all of you.imageimage Day One ttt
    ********************************************************************************************************
    Day two total
    $82.22
    running total - $356.82
    ********************************************************************************************************
    Day 3 total- $62.51
    running total- $ 419.13
    Day 4 total (so far)-$33.38
    running total - $452.51
    Day 5 a paltry $4.55
    running total- $457.06
    imageimage
  • Options
    Donation sent via PayPal.

God bless you and yours, Warren.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    For the Sunday Morning crew. ttt
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    Boom,

How much did you raise last year ?

I would also like to thank the forum members for stepping up !

Proof
  • Options
    Warren,
    Sent on a donation for your great cause. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to give.

Rodney
  • Options
    TTT for a good cause
    Michael
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

If you remember, I'm the one who named it the Boom Foundation. image

Boom's allright though image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    BOOM, PayPal sent!

Jim
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    imageimage
    Michael
  • Options
  • Options
    PayPal sent. image
  • Options
  • Options
    I just want to take a few minutes away from the always hectic "Monday", to simply say "Thank You" to each and everyone that has contributed thus far. This is YOUR Charity, not mine, and I'd like you all to know how proud I am to know and associate myself with you. God bless you one and all.image I have No doubt as to whether or not He WILL.
  • Options
    Boom, Glad to hear it is going so great
    Michael
  • Options
    Boom, you are very kind. PP sent.
    Melanie
  • Options
    Thank you, but it is you and all these other people that are truly kind.
    Day 3's donations posted. See the figures and running total midway of Page 2.image
    ttt
  • Options
  • Options
    Melanie
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    since I stole your icon when I joined guess
    I should send a little something.
    Paypal sent.

Smitty
  • Options