Home Sports Talk
Options

ITS SMACK TIME BABY, BRING IT HERE OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    JS -

Did you see this week's Sports Illustrated?

From the Who's Hot and Who's Not Section - guess which side Gruden is on.

Jon Gruden
    First he's dissed by Sapp and Keyshawn, then Bucs offense looks inept in loss to Skins. And Gruden, who went to Super Bowl in 2002, got less than 2% of the vote in SI poll asking players, "Who's the best coach in the NFL?"

And check out Jeff Garcia who is dating the current Playmate of the Year. If he has an alternate lifestyle he sure picked a good beard.

Here is the "best coach" poll. Gruden is on the worst coach side too. Voted on by 354 current and former players, who could not vote for their present coach.

Best and Worst NFL Coaches

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    you know everyone dislikes Gruden because he took the Bucs to the superbowl his first year and destroyed
    everyone in his path! I mean we went the entire 2002 playoffs and killed everyone! You should know now
    that no one likes the guys on top!

The fact is, the bucs lost to New Orleans in week one....we scored only one touchdown, the d kept us in the
    game the whole way and we lost by 6 points...I wonder how high Gruden was on the polls then?

That poll was actually the most indecisive thing I have ever seen! It looks like the fans could only agree
    on one thing! Is 3% worse and better than Andy Reid's 2% best? LOL

In the end rings prove everything....got any?

JS
  • Options
    Touche - we're working on the rings.

Have to keep the Bucs smack going but you'll find comfort in knowing they have dropped to the third most disliked team on my list since the Panthers took over second last year. Of course the Cowboys will always occupy first place - whether they are good or bad, it's a Philly tradition.

Living two hours south of Tampa I took a lot of heat over the last few years, even from my sisters in law who live in Tampa. The wife lost a bet to them in the 02 NFC Champ game, had to wear Bucs gear to work for a day and have her picture taken holding a sign saying "Gruden is a God" or something like that.

Sorry to hear about your upcoming loss to Seattle. Did the Bucs lose their second game in 02 also?

This story from Seattle's Week 2 100 yard gaining running back Shaun Alexander may help you feel better -

Most Embarrassing Moment?
    "In a scrimmage I caught a screen pass, and Maurice Kelly hit me so hard I had a dent in my helmet. The embarrassing part was when one of our managers was walking with me afterward. I said, 'Man, does it look like I'm walking funny?' He said, 'I don't know, because I'm carrying you.'"

• Options
    So I take it you like close to Miami? There are no real fans there so yo must feel comfortable at home as an
    Eagles fan. Actually we rolled the Ravens in our second game in 02, they were considered a playoff team then
    and we just made them look silly...It kinda sets up the same way here too...Seattle is vastly overrated and
    we will NOT lose at home like we did this year. We will dominate them with or without Alexander.

I really though it was lights out for Reid this past year, I know you just gave him a contract extension but
    Philly fan has GOT to be getting sick of this trend! If there is no SB for the Eagles this year is it safe to
    say they will be looking for a new coach and perhaps QB??

JS
  • Options
    I would say that the coach will go, unless McNabb requests to be cut loose.

I'm in Ft. Myers.
  • Options

Uh oh, the Bucs are in trouble. If past year's starts are an indication then Tampa may not make the playoffs.

From today's Tampa Tribune -

Sweet dreams. After dropping a 10-6 decision to the Seahawks at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, Gruden fell to 0-2 for the first time as a head coach and the Bucs for the first time since 1998.
    Tampa Bay went 8-8 and failed to make the playoffs that year. If they don't drastically improve, the Bucs won't make the playoffs this year, either. And Gruden knows it.
    ``The light bulb is flickering - at best,'' he said. ``It's a crisis right now.''

• Options
    Dirtmonkey DET (didn't really say they would win)

Well now Kev, I did say they would win more games than your lousy Bucs and they are off to a nice 2 game lead in that category. They will push for a playoff spot as I also said, but they also have already suffered key losses on both sides of the ball as they seem to do every year. By the end of week one, the lost Charles "Glass" Rogers for the season again and Bly for 3-4 weeks. Boss Bailey was lost in the preseason for the year. Detroit looked very smooth in the second half yesterday, even though it was against the Texans. Their D has played better than I would have expected considering the 2 major losses on D. Roy Williams looks like a stud already. The 2nd TD catch he had yesterday was superb, only topped by his week 1 catch image

I'm not stupid enough to pick them to win the SB. I can't lie to myself like some can image But they are improving and they will get 8 wins this year, even though they have a very difficult schedule. Next week, they have Philly. That will likely be a gauge of how far they have come and still need to go.
  • Options
    <<ITS SMACK TIME BABY, BRING IT HERE OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!>>

Yes, it was smack time the last 2 weeks for Trample Bay.
  • Options

Trample Bay. I think I like that better than the Suckaneers.

Thanks Gemmy. Go Yanks.
  • Options
    Trample Bay..that sounds like what we did to San Fran, Philly and the Raider in 2002...man have you ever
    know a more dominate playoff performance?

JS
  • Options
    <<that sounds like what we did to San Fran, Philly and the Raider in 2002>>

Performance data quoted above is historical. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Current performance may be higher or lower than the performance data quoted.
  • Options

Couldn't have said it better myself Gemmy. Thanks again.

JS, are you a history teacher? You seem to take pride in dwelling on the past. image
  • Options
    Marlins, Dbacks, Rams, Bucs, Panthers...we like to forget the past huh??

LOL no rings is all you need to remember

JS
  • Options
    Well JS tonight you witnessed a real offense that doesn,t need the defense to score points for them.

Mix it up, share the load, a TD or two and a couple FGs. Everybody's happy on the O.

And about that lousy Eagle D. Enough said. Turnovers, forced penalties, Culpepper running like a rabbit.

Bring on the Lions.
  • Options
    Actually the vikes came out and worked the ball down the field the whole first half....I think they
    punted once in the first half..I was not impressed at all by your D. Smith was running wild and you needed
    a few stupid Culpepper/Tice moments, along with a few stupid penalties to win....McNabb did look good but
    what is the use going 16-0 when you can't finish?

You know anything but rings for you guys this year will be considered a failure.

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Gemmy10

so your saying the yankees 27 ws championships means nothing now?? i like to see your responses after they lose this year.

sports is all about the history and rewriting it!! eagles fans look and admire!!!

• Options

Just to bring this thread TTT and remind everyone of the title -

ITS SMACK TIME BABY, BRING IT HERE OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!, not

"It's time to discuss our long gone victories of yesteryear and how we will manage to ride that wave through yet another mediocre season while hoping to find a real quarterback before our aging QB collects Social Security."

The cold hard facts of the here and now -

Eagles - 2 and 0
    Bucs - 0 and 2, 16 total points but hey the D will score another TD soon.
    Cowbabies - who friggin cares they just suck.

• Options
    Once again the Pats will quietly do their job which is to win.
    See ya in the superbowl again this year!image
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options

Just so we keep everything real and current.

TTT
  • Options

Joe Stalin's original quote on the Bucs when he started this thread -

"BUCS: Now this team looks good! Major improvments on offense and they same great D that we have all
    watched murder your favorite team for years. Sure we will miss Lynch but we have others. Sapp is gone and
    good riddance! Rice will be pitching up tents in the opponents back fields! We will rule again this year like we
    did in 02."

What say you Joe?

• Options

What's the difference between Brad Johnson and Hilary Clinton?

Hilary has tes*&cles and can read a defense.
  • Options

What do God and the Bucs offense have in common?

They both rest on Sundays.

But God doesn't rely on his defense to score touchdowns.
  • Options

Brad Johnson couldn't get into his house Sunday night.

It seems someone had painted a goal line in front of his door.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    LOL!!!!!
  • Options
    #of rings:

NcNad: 0
    Cunninham: 0
    Jaws 0

Brad Johnson 1

what say you?

JS
  • Options

I say that the Eagles are one of the oldest NFL franchises, dating back to 1933(?) and have 3 championships.

Eagles fans have proven year after year that loyalty through good and bad helps drive teams to success. We may be the first to criticize our own team, but still bleed green.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's "Bucs Bad Joke of the Day".
  • Options
    LOL yeah your fans bleed green except on draft day when they booed McNad! Rickey would of been a better
    pick up accoding to your fans right?

Well they will be booing him again when he chokes.

we all know philly fan is only happy when he is winning and that is something that hasn't happened in that
    town in a LOOOOOOOONG time...sixers, phils, eagles...heck even throw in the flyers. You might as well
    be minnesota's twin city!

I think "Yo Adrian" was your last big win!

JS
  • Options
    Actually from what I understand the McNabb draft day booing thing was orchestrated by a Philly sports radio personality and some other people who were there with him.

I had no problem with the pick since they needed a QB.

But again we will criticize our team but never give them up for another.

Oh and anything after Rocky 2 is a waste of my time. The wife loves them all but I can't take it.

And what hometown hero does Tampa have these days, Hulk Hogan? LeRoy Selmon is respectable and hung around at least.

Some good commentary today on NFL Live. They said the Bucs never had a great offense, even in 2002, and the the D is no longer able to dominate so teams aren't afraid to challenge them.

How many of your fans will have bags on their heads at the end of this year, like they did long ago?
  • Options

<< <i>Actually from what I understand the McNabb draft day booing thing was orchestrated by a Philly sports radio personality and some other people who were there with him.

I had no problem with the pick since they needed a QB.

But again we will criticize our team but never give them up for another.

Oh and anything after Rocky 2 is a waste of my time. The wife loves them all but I can't take it.

And what hometown hero does Tampa have these days, Hulk Hogan? LeRoy Selmon is respectable and hung around at least.

Some good commentary today on NFL Live. They said the Bucs never had a great offense, even in 2002, and the the D is no longer able to dominate so teams aren't afraid to challenge them.

How many of your fans will have bags on their heads at the end of this year, like they did long ago? >>

Couldn't have said it better myself SFlaphillyguy !

Joe is livin in the past...livin in the past....as I said, I would much prefer a team which is in the thick of it every year, year in and year out than one and done......image
  • Options
    I really liked John Lynch and Warrick Dunn, they were not only leaders on the field but community leaders. Of
    course they are gone now. Selmon is probably our greatest player and it was probably unfair for him to
    play on many of those aweful Buc teams...what even worse is he had to wear bright orange his
    entire career..ahhhh remember the good old days when a guy would play his entire career with a team?

The bucs actually did have a good offense in 2002, it took them a few weeks to figure that out, but we
    put up major numbers in the San Fran game and the Philly game, if I remember right it was the offense
    and Joe J, not the defense that broke Philly's momentum in that championship game. I thought Key
    was waste but guys respected him and double teamed him and Keenan and Joe put up good numbers, even
    in 2003 we put up almost 30 in the first half against a very good colts d...Keenan was having an MVP
    game but then you know what happened.

We have never had a running game, coaches have tried to plug in guys but nothing really worked. Pittman
    had one decent game and happened to be the super bowl. So far Garner has been a bust, you have to
    wonder if the bucs are getting worse because they are breaking down what Dungy built? Gruden has
    made this his team and so far the results are not good.

Oh well, thats the past time to get a winning streak going, no better place to start one than in Oakland

JS
  • Options

Thursday's "Bucs Bad Joke of the Day"

Drum roll please.............

I read in the paper this morning that two of the Bucaneers playbooks were stolen.

Brad Johnson is very upset. He hadn't finished coloring them.

(insert rim shot here)

• Options
    For Friday's "Bucs Bad Joke of the Day" we honor Joe Stalin's penchant for relying solely on Bucs history when smacking fans of clearly superior opposing teams.

This quote from former Bucs coach John McKay. In 1980 McKay was asked what he thought of his team's execution following a 34-27 loss to the Cleveland Browns.

He responded "I think it's a good idea."

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Options
    Saturday is here and since it's such a nice day we have two "Bucs Bad Jokes of the Day".

Enjoy.

What do the Bucs and a possum have in common?
    They both play dead at home and get killed on the road.
    Welcome back to Oakland Chuckie.

What do you get when you put 32 Bucs cheerleaders in one room?
    A full set of teeth.

• Options
    17-0

• Options
    Oakland image

• Options
    Looks like I'm right again Joey Joe.

As of this post, these Bucs so reminiscent of the McKay era haven't scored an offensive TD yet......

Oakland 23
    Bucs ( replace B with an "S" ) 6 image

• Options
    Joe....can't wait for this week's post of doom and gloom for Philly and your usual, one win and we're right back in it again for the Sucs.

3-0
    0-3

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy joestalin has to be the worst sports forecaster in the history of this planet. If he was forecasting people's deaths, nobody would die.
  • Options
    For all the newbies here: Joestalin/Kevin is the type of guy who makes hundreds of predictions and so far only one has come true.

Kevin will invent stories, distort facts and spin stats to support his theories. In fact, here are some of Kevin's all time grestest hits:

The infamous Thesis post

The Home Depot thread

His brief stint at ID: 3553 (the day the historical Joe Stalin died)

Kevin posts that his handle has nothing to do with Joe Stalin - it's something else

Here's Kevin denying that his handle isn't something other than the butcher of Russia

Here's Kevin now defending Joe Stalin as one of the greatest Russian heroes

The list goes on and on - Kevin lives in a fantasy world and will distort, spin and create any stat to prove his state of dillusion.

Hope this helps all the newbies
  • Options

<< <i>Brad Johnson couldn't get into his house Sunday night.

It seems someone had painted a goal line in front of his door. >>

Monday's "Bucs Bad Joke of the Day" takes us back to last Wednesday, revisiting the plight of Brad Johnson.

Last night Brad Johnson was successful in entering his house after seeing that the goal line in front of his door had been removed.

There was one small problem........he was still in Oakland and it was Warren Sapp's house.
  • Options

Check out the "Return of Chuckie" thread and vote on the future of John Gruden.
  • Options

<< <i>For all the newbies here: Joestalin/Kevin is the type of guy who makes hundreds of predictions and so far only one has come true.

Kevin will invent stories, distort facts and spin stats to support his theories. In fact, here are some of Kevin's all time grestest hits:

The infamous Thesis post

The Home Depot thread

His brief stint at ID: 3553 (the day the historical Joe Stalin died)

Kevin posts that his handle has nothing to do with Joe Stalin - it's something else

Here's Kevin denying that his handle isn't something other than the butcher of Russia

Here's Kevin now defending Joe Stalin as one of the greatest Russian heroes

The list goes on and on - Kevin lives in a fantasy world and will distort, spin and create any stat to prove his state of dillusion.

Hope this helps all the newbies >>

• Options
    cornholio....very nice...do you keep a scrapbook? Do you have a poster of me on your bedroom wall or do your
    parents not allow that? I take it you were here in 2002 when the Bucs ran over everyone and are now
    posting under a new username? LOL Did you get the boot? Are you alpo? or perhaps dumte?

Do you wait by the computer waiting for my next post?

You aren't really a football fan are you?

LOL
    JS
  • Options

<< <i>cornholio....very nice...do you keep a scrapbook? >>

Apparently you weren't bright enough to figure out that I was quoting noclass's post earlier this morning. It was an interesting read, too bad all the action happened well before I knew about PSA.

<< <i> Do you wait by the computer waiting for my next post? >>

No, I'm working on solving numerically for the eigenvalue and neutron flux distribution in a slab reactor. While running the code, I decided to check here to see if you had dug your proverbial hole deeper, and I'll be damned you did. Your signature looks awesome. Suddenly next Sunday I'm going to become a Broncos fan in addition of being a Falcons fan. On Sundays you should be able to work on your thesis a bit more considering you don't have a football team.

Could FSU beat the Bucs? You should answer that one carefully! image

Brian

• Options
    ahhh, I remember who was a Falcon fan and who was busted down to size on numerous occaisions in
    2001 and 2001.....PATTON

After no one would listen to you I guess you wised up and decided to get another name...we can still
    smell the stink though.

Thanks for stopping by!

JS
    GO BUCS

iamthegreatpatton!
  • Options

Why don't we just stick to football and in particular the Bucs poor excuse for a season.

Thanks noclass for the links. I don't know which name was better "King of the Wanker Children" or "Nostradumba$$."

Please participate in my poll listed in the thread "The Return of Chuckie."
  • Options
    Chuckie destroyed you both times he played you, the last one 17-0, why would you think it wouldn't
    be the same? Heck you even had home field!

LMK
    JS
  • Options
    I am truly speechless....and that is hard to do.....

I just thought Joe/ Kevin was the prognisticator of the Ages...always wrong ( I make my bets around his predictions and go the other way ). He dislikes my team, the E-A-G-L-E-S and no one makes fun of my home team.

But....those links....I missed dinner reading them all....I am just speechless image
  • Options
    Thanks noclass for the links

It is my pleasure - JS/Kevin has provided plenty of fun moments for me as well. Nothing like a know-it-all who knows nothing and doesn't know that everyone is laughing at him and not with him.

I always look forward to football season with Kevin and the best thing it's still only week 3
  • Options
    noclass!! I didn't know that they were letting Miami fan out from under the bed. First your Marlins suck, then
    the fish, I didn't know there were any more fans left in Miami. Will you go into a deep freeze once they are
    0-8? What about the other 3 fans in Miami?

Let us know...actuallly on second thought don't

JS

GO BUCS!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.