Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Educational Level Amongst Coin Collectors and Board Members

What is your current level of education. Check the last one you have successfully completed.
Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com

Comments

• Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Only have a high school diploma, but I have over 100 college credits in various classes. Spent two years studying computer science, and have a couple tech certs. If my job allowed I'd still be taking night courses for the fun of it.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master's Degree in Geology way back in 1980 image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Associate Degree In Computer Aided Drafting Technology/ Certified CNC Programmer

Purple
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    BS, Accounting
    CPA License
    JD (law degree)
    LL.M. (Taxation)-- masters in tax law
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    I'll go ahead and spill my ed since this is my thread. image

Associate in Computer Information Technology with a Concentration in Microcomputer Applications.

Bachelor in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics. (2 courses left)

Overall 3.43 GPA with over 153 credit hours logged.

I plan on continuing my education through an online university when I get settled.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    BS in biology
    MD (radiologist)
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    going into 10th gradeimage
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    B.S. in Computer Science, 1988. Though if I had it to do over again, I think I'd prefer to be a wildlife biologist. But at least C.S. pays for more coins...
  • Options
    PHD=Piled High and Deep.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    I have Bachelor's Degree in computer science.
    I have 14 years experience programming IBM AS/400 for Manufacturing Applications
    RPG III, RPG IV, ILE/RPG, CL/400, etc
    IBM Certified RPG/IV Programmer
    J'har
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    B.S. Computer Science
    MCSE along with a handfull of minor certifcations.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    BS in Chemical Engineering
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    b.s. in microbiology, master of landscape architecture 1980...as colonel klink used to say "verrrrrrry interrrrresting".
  • Options
    Associate. Electronic and Computer Engineering Technology.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    BS in Marketing (please insert joke), work as a software programmer.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Associate degree in Electronics
    Associate degree in Chemistry (Under the name of Evelyn)
    Lacked two courses of having an Associate Degree in Computer Science when I stooped attending for awhile and then switched to Electronics
    Would like to start attending college again and pick up the computer degree but the closest one is 40 miles away. I may look into going back to school via the internet.
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    High School Graduate... but in August, I'll be starting work on two AS Degrees in Computer Network Engineering Technology. There's two different tracks of the same degree that I want to get, which will also prepare me to get my certifications for the MCSE and the CCNA. That's Microsoft Certifed System Engineer, and Cisco Certified Network Associate. image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    BA in English & MBA in Marketing = still can't afford pre-1960 slabs!
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    BS in Finance
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a BS in accounting and an MBA that earned more years ago than I would like to admit. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Nearly 15% of the members here are PhD's. Ain't the internet great?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    My toughest 4 years of school was the 3rd Grade. image

imageimage

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    education? whut's dat?

K S
  • Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    I'm a new Ph.D. I made a post two months ago about it titled, I just became a coin doctor image
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    BS - Material Science and Engineering
    MS - Polymer Science and Engineering

Currently on leave of absence from my Ph.D.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MD
    Also a Radiologist
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    BS in Biomedical Engineering
    MD (ophthalmologist)
  • Options
    holy cow. 4 radiologists around here now. must be a connection between collecting and xrays.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>holy cow. 4 radiologists around here now. must be a connection between collecting and xrays. >>

I was thinking there was a correlation between radiology and disposable income. image
  • Options
    BA in Computer Science with a Spanish minor. (And yes, that really is a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science)
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    got me a GeD, ain't dat a levil er sumpen?
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>holy cow. 4 radiologists around here now. must be a connection between collecting and xrays. >>

The only reason you guys chose radiology is to get the loops for free so you can look at your coins.image
    OK, Mark, now take a shot at ER docs.image
  • Options

<< <i>

The only reason you guys chose radiology is to get the loops for free so you can look at your coins.image
    OK, Mark, now take a shot at ER docs.image >>

damn er docs, can't even spell "loupe" correctly.
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
  • Options
    HS, but 6 credits from Associates from Community College of the Air Force in Information Systems Technology.
  • Options
    HootHoot Posts: 867
    I work with radiological materials, but I'm not a radiologist! image

Ph.D. Biologist. Ecologist and decision analyst by profession.

Hoot
    From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines. - Whitman
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High school for me. I did have to do a year of medical training to get my EMT certification though. Currently deciding if now is a good time for me to go back to school to get my Paramedic Lic.
  • Options
    B.S. Systems Engineering from Wright State University - Graduated Magna Cum Laude
  • Options
    J.D.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The only reason you guys chose radiology is to get the loops for free so you can look at your coins.image
    OK, Mark, now take a shot at ER docs.image >>

ER - I had to buy my own loupes. You mean they give them to radiologists?
    BTW, I've looked at a few of my coins under the slit lamp and operating microscope. They look a lot nicer under a 60W bulb and 5X B&L Packette. You'd be amazed at what the surfaces really look like under high mag!
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Associates degree. I intend to begin the quest to complete the 24 more required credits to attain my Bacchelours this September. If time and "life on life's terms" permits.image Iza wants ah PsyD one day.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Nearly 15% of the members here are PhD's. Ain't the internet great?

I'd love to have a Masters degree in what Russ possesses----Pessimism.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    BS, Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado '85
    BS, Pharmacy, University of Colorado '90

I now work as a Pharmacist.
  • Options
    I now work as a Pharmacist.

Oh YES! Oh YES! Wish I was or could be.imageimage
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    Looks like there is a nice bell curve of education in these forums.
  • Options
    Over 30 credits in college with 4.0
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Pharmacist here.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B.S. Pharmacy
    M.S. Pharmaceutics
    Ph.D. Pharmacokinetics
    Post-doc (pharmacology/nephrology)

Then I had to get a job!

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    BS, Ceramic Engineering
    MS, Ceramic Engineering
    JD
    OJT in US Coins- 33 years
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file