Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Your Wife(s) Or Your Coins?

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is worth more? image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    -coins don't whine

-coins don't ask for money

-coins don't smoke crack and cheat on you with the neighbor

What do you think?

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I don't even want to see the responses to this thread........ image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    coins don't smoke crack and cheat on you with the neighbor

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    My wife once said "You love those coins MORE than you love me............"

I spent a week on the couch after responding........... "But Dear,,,,,,,,, the coins have a RESALE value !!!!!!!!"
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take a fifth err I mean I take the 5th!
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the coins have a RESALE value !!!!!!!!" >>

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    No wife... no girlfriend... no worries image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even a contest...

• Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I'd trade all my coins for a wife.
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Mine! She can't remember where hers are.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    My Wifes standing behind me reading this thread.

Shaking her head and going tsk tsk tsk !

I guess it's time for me to get off the computer.

• Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    <<I'd trade all my coins for a wife. >>

I can hook you up with my sister...for a small fee...
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more wife, so it is a no brainer.

I remember a girl friend stating that I loved baseball more than her. I still have baseball!
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I dont have a wife... Atleast I dont think I do.
  • Options
    My wife is the best investment that I have ever made.
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Coins don't wash the dishes, clean the clothes, cook the meals and aren't worth a hoot in bed!

Besides the wife has always been fine with whatever I've chosen to do for 27 years now! MS 69...sure is fine

and she's Mine, mine, mine. She has what I call an Onion Butt.....a Butt so fine it'll make you cry!image
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Wife of course.
  • Options
    coins...
    The Wegner ARRC Bingle Set

Looking for 1967 PCGS/NGC slabbed coins.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I ditched my wife awhile ago...

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    coins don't ask for money

ya better think about that one

• Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    You can´t impregnate your coins!!

imageimage

• Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to a coin show tomorrow, so I would dare say I'd rather bring my coins than my wife. My wife is much to large to be slabbed, or fit in a dealer's display case. Besides, 1957 (her birth year) is not a key date. If I brought her, all the dealers there would say that I have overgraded her.

Since my wife is a Liberian-American and never goes sunbathing, no dealer could accuse her of being artificially toned. However, I expect a few racist dealers would rationalize their low offer with their preference for lustrous, untoned "white" coins.

I may trade computer parts for coins, or coins for computers, but my wife is a "keeper" to good to be hidden in safe deposit box or to be discussed as trade bait. (She may have said that I love my computer more than her but, thankfully respects my love of coins enough to never have said that I love my coins more than her.) Even if the Emancipation Proclamation were repealed, I would not trade her for the Eliasberg Collection.

I hope no one else calculates their wife's value based on the spot value of gold or platinum. (Mine exceeds $1.6 million if she is worth only her weight in gold).

An interesting twist to this bizzarre thread, for those single collectors is: what kind of wife might you get for the value of your coin collection? If I look back at the value of my coins 12 years ago when I met my wife, I'm thoroughly convinced that I "ripped" the heavenly dealer who provided her to me.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I don't know if Sally has found this board or not, sometimes she likes to snoop in on me. So I'm going to keep my big mouth shut on this one. image
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

ccex: great post!
  • Options
    Thanks to the crack and neighbor I got rid of one of them back in 1991. Guess which oneimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is irreplacable, the coins, while I like them alot, and would be bummed out without them, are not

worth anywhere near what my wife is.

Keep the wife every time.

I know, it sounds sappy, but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is worth a lot more than my coins. She's a keeper.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    After what I dealt with in my first marriage I've found a keeper in my second one. She has no problem with me keeping and collecting coins and she's been a great mother to my kids and never raises her voice. I'd be dumb to ever let her go and even more stupid if I ever let coins ruin my marriage. Getting along with her has been easier than anyone else I've ever been around in my life.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    My wife is irreplaceable, my coins are not.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    But coins go up in value over time.

Am I right?

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    My wife gets jealous sometimes because I get coins in the mail and she doesn't. When that happens, I send her a dozen roses out of the blue and she seems to forget all about the coins...

Besides, she never asks how much I spend on the coins (she really doesn't care) and she has given me the most precious gift that two people can give each other - love.

Why would I want to get rid of the most wonderful thing that has happened in my life?!?!?!?
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    There are a lot of psychological overtones in this thread......therapy works wonders my friendsimage
  • Options
    A wife even though I don't have one yet.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    My wife supports and encourages me to collect coins. She has actually encouraged me to buy a coin when I was hesitant to spend the money at the time. She is truly a gem Proof among women!!
    J'har
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coins are cheaper.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    today is our 12th anniversary. Wait let me think.........................
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd choose the wife, most of the time. But coins would have to be a close second. image

Now, if you had asked me this question during my FIRST marriage, on the other hand... well... image

As a matter of fact, I just noticed that BBN's post perfectly states my position, as well (except in our case, it's "kid", and not "kids"):

<< <i>After what I dealt with in my first marriage I've found a keeper in my second one. She has no problem with me keeping and collecting coins and she's been a great mother to my kids and never raises her voice. I'd be dumb to ever let her go and even more stupid if I ever let coins ruin my marriage. Getting along with her has been easier than anyone else I've ever been around in my life. >>

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>My wife is the best investment that I have ever made. >>

I wish I could find one that makes more than I do!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options

<< <i>I'd trade all my coins for a wife. >>

Its a deal!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    is this a male-only forum now?
    anita...ana #r-217183...coin collecting noob
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Me & the kid haven't seen or heard from my wife in almost a year. She's worthless. The only way she would have any value is if she od'ed before my divorce is final so that I could draw her social security.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    My wife is a keeper. Celebrated our 22nd anniversary last weekend.
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    Wife. If someone offered me all the wealth and power in the world for my wife, I wouldn't even think about.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a no brainer--my wife. Having the hobby of coins is fun, but life itself would not be fun without my wife.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

<< <i>I'd trade all my coins for a wife. >>

I have two to chose from...the 1st is rather large now so I am told around 225-250......I haven't seen her in 20 years, thank god............my 2nd however is quite nice, smart, good shape around 125 pounds runs, so is in good medical condition.....although I haven't seen her in 2 years now my tax guy said she looks good.......so take your pick.......image
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    the 125# wife could be in poor medical condition; if you haven't seen her in 2 yrs you'd never really know anyway image
    anita...ana #r-217183...coin collecting noob
  • Options
    My wife died on June 9th. I'd trade anything I have except our two children to get her back healthy. Even though I know she's in heaven and not suffering from cancer anymore.

I'm on this board trying to do something I like but I think I'll sign off and remember her some more

Some call it an accumulation not a collection
  • Options
    Okay i too choose my wife of 32 years over my coins and your coins for that matter
    Michael
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My wife died on June 9th. I'd trade anything I have except our two children to get her back healthy. Even though I know she's in heaven and not suffering from cancer anymore.

I'm on this board trying to do something I like but I think I'll sign off and remember her some more >>

Wow, seeing a post like this makes one realize all the treasures on Earth could never replace loved ones. I love my wife and wouldn't trade her for anything, but this makes my feelings even stronger and makes me realize that I should never take for granted that the people around me will always be around. We'll be praying for you brother.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file