Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

You know you're a hardcore collector when ...

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

You know you're a hardcore collector when you own the complete Don West DVD Collection.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    when you bite the a kid trying to get at a pack you already claimed as yours
  • Options
    You know you're a hardcore collector..

-If you've ever knocked anyone over running through Wal Mart or Toys R Us trying to find the latest cards on sale.

-If you've stayed up past 11 pm looking through ebay, bidding on auctions....posting on card message boards!

-If you saved wrappers when you were a kid, thinking they'd be valuable someday.

-If you've saved card show tickets or card shop business cards, as momentos.

-If you've chewed gum more than 15 years old (not forced, on your own free will!)

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    ...when all your explorer favorite links are card related.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    ..when you have more then 10 1988 Panini Stickers commons in PSA 10. (I think I have 12).

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    ...you have a PSA Olympics national anthem for your "team."

Mark
  • Options
    When your anniversary gift to your wife is an autographed baseball by one of your favorite players
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Drive four hours to a card show, spend more money on hotel and gas than I will cards, just to get a chance to look at cards that I can not afford, but may not have any other way of seeing such cool cardboard!!
  • Options
    You know you're a hardcore collector when....

Your wife finds out you spent over a $175.00 framing a old uncut sheet of cards and only $22.00 on the new frame for a old wedding picture.

You wife finds out you bought one single card for $500.00... But wont spend $150.00 a night for a nice hotel on your anniversary.

Let me see a new card for the collection... Or the same piece of ass I have had for the last 15 years... Hmmm.

You have a email address such as.... mrcardsniper@yahoo.com

Dam I love this thread... Paul

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

When you shout for joy!! Because your credit card limit just got raised!!image
  • Options
    You know you're a hardcore collector when ...

You record card commercials.

You bid against yourself.

Your card is in a slab, inside a soft sleeve, inserted in a page in a binder and you hand it to your buddy to show and say, "Be careful"

You own a 1988 Donruss PSA 1. Bonus points if you submitted it.

Seeing a pallet of Fleer sheets on TV excites you.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    you can't remember your anniversary or wife's or kids' birthdays, but you know every card by number in at least one set.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You reply to a thread that is 3 or 4 years old.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You reply to a thread that is 3 or 4 years old.

Steve >>

Indeed.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    you get the weirdo look for having one hose stocking

in a drawer for wax removal
  • Options
    You know you're a hardcore collector when ... the DVD case says it's rated "XXX" and not "R".

What, wrong kind of hardcore collector??
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

<< <i>you get the weirdo look for having one hose stocking >>

<< <i>in a drawer for wax removal >>

You were supposed to take it off her before stuffing it in a drawer.
  • Options
    You know you're a hardcore collector when ....

Tiger Woods SUV glass pieces in the new UD card is on the top of your want list.

Your calander and phone has product release dates. Oh and a Post - It on your monitor.

Your cards have nicknames.

You pull a hit that would only sell for $>10 on ebay but you still look like Tom Cruise on Oprah.

To try and rationalize your extra card spending you tell your significant other these are for Tom, my imaginary friend.

Your imaginary friend gets a credit card soley for cards. Super Hardcore if the dog gets one too.

Wife says "It's me or the cards"! You tell her we can still be friends.

You dont buy SP Legendary Cuts boxes. All those cut autos, used to be yours.

imageimageimage