Home U.S. Coin Forum

CONTEST!!!! Most replies to this thread wins a Morgan Dollar in MS63+ WINNERS POSTED!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• KriekKriek Posts: 1,044
    Not me
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • He was not a coin collector and didn't take much notice of the bags as he piled them under his house
    Looking for tobacco cards (T206, etc), 1960 Topps cards, autographs, dvds, coins, plus more
    Then again
    J.Kriek
  • CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073
    Come on, where's your originality?
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
    It might be
    J.Kriek
    Who knows
    J.Kriek
  • 2 minutes to go.
    Dogs want in.
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • He would eventually wind up with 400 bags filled with about 1,000 silver dollars each.
    Looking for tobacco cards (T206, etc), 1960 Topps cards, autographs, dvds, coins, plus more
    I dont
    J.Kriek
  • Redfield died in 1974 and while doing an appraisal of his estate, the Internal Revenue Service uncovered the stash of silver dollar-stuffed bags.
  • 60 seconds left. Yep, just 60 of 'em.
  • The story goes that Redfield placed a note of the treasure asking the discover not to alert the IRS of the hoard
    Taste the originality
    J.Kriek
    It's me........

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
    Taste it!
    J.Kriek
    Yeah
    J.Kriek
  • The total of 411,000 silver dollars - weighing 11 tons - were put for auction and fetched $7.3 million, the largest documented numismatic transaction in history.
    I know.......

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
    Weeeee!
    J.Kriek
  • Now the Morgan Dollar had genuine star status in the coin world
    Cause I'm psychic.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • It is now 8pm EST (by my atomic clock.)

The competition should now be over.
  • THE END
    J.Kriek
  • The dealers who purchased the Redfield hoard gradually dispersed the silver dollars into the collecting community, further stimulating interest in the coin.
  • Today, the Morgan Dollar, ignored in circulation, is one of the most famous and desired American coins in existence.
    Or maybe psycho?

I win!

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • good luck everyone
  • I wonder how many posts there are total
    I think Drthunder is in a trance.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • what time is it?

<< <i>I wonder how many posts there are total >>

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • this is a popular post!
  • The Morgan Silver Dollar, now one of the most popular coins for U.S. collectors, was first minted in 1878 when silver mine owners lobbied the government to re-issue silver dollars - the mintage of which had been halted in 1873.
  • The Morgan Silver Dollar, now one of the most popular coins for U.S. collectors, was first minted in 1878 when silver mine owners lobbied the government to re-issue silver dollars - the mintage of which had been halted in 1873.
  • hmm...my clock says 8:05
  • Wow, almost 2,000 posts!
  • After reading these posts and looking at everyone's coins it makes my small collection look really bad
    Check your PM's!

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    Ok, I'm back. CONTEST IS OVER. It is 7:16 PM Central time. May 12, 2004.

Any posts after this do not count.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Replied to your PM. Do you collect autographs at all, or just coins?
    Ok, I'm back. CONTEST IS OVER. It is 7:16 PM Central time. May 12, 2004.

Any posts after this do not count.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYMORE TO THIS THREAD. THE CONTEST IS ENDED.

I WILL COUNT THE POSTS TOMORROW WHILE AT WORK. I WILL POST THE RESULTS ON THIS THREAD AND A NEW ONE AT 10:00 AM CENTRAL TIME TOMORROW MORNING. THURSDAY MAY 13, 2004.

THANK EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

This post counts, though, right?
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
    TTTT

Winners Posted on the first post.
    Woohoo! I won, I won!

(Just goes to show you I have no life - 465 posts - GEEZ!)

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PoorGuy: Thanks for sponsoring your giveaway and for selecting my 1799 Draped Bust Dollar as one of your prize winners!

imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Yes, thank you Poorguy - very much - for sponsoring the contest, and choosing my *brilliant thought* as top winner! I was going to post earlier, that I thought Stuart's coin was in the top 3, and guess you agreed! Congrats on the great grades, and good luck with your new upcoming courses.

Remember to take time to smell the imageimageimage
  • Please enter me in your contest.

Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file