Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CONTEST!!!! Most replies to this thread wins a Morgan Dollar in MS63+ WINNERS POSTED!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Thought so.
  • Options
    CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073

<< <i>I'm quite sure he's using a bot, or a program that records what he's doing and repeats it (i have one that can do that). >>

No he's not, but he's wasting his time.........blank posts don't count according to Poorguy.
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry bout the blank posts, my macro program went psycho image >>

Sure it did......
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    read up a couple of posts... he was.
  • Options

<< <i>Thought so. >>

I don't think the smiley's or counting counts either.........could be wrong, but I thought that's what he said.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    I think he said that sometime yesterday, but I ain't about to go back through all those posts.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    You're actually going to read all these replies?
  • Options
    Not only was I counting, I was singing!

• Options
    Hello Dominus.......how are you?

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Well, who knows what he'll count.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    But I'm trying to post "something" every time.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Cheerio, old chap! Pippin' ofa day, 'n it?
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup. Just because I am bored as heck I want to give something away. I will count the posts from the time this topic is submitted until my finals end at 7:00 PM on May 12th, 2004. >>

All right, cheat thread!

<< <i>Bonuses "3": winners get coins of my choice.

1. Most beatuiful coin posted. (you must own it and it cannot be for sale.)

2. Most brilliant thought posted. >>

ttt

<< <i>3. Highest graded PCGS Morgan dollar business strike. (you must own it and it cannot be for sale.)

Additional bonus: "What am I thinking right now?"
    Get this and I will send you a $20 gold liberty. >>

Does it have anything to do with a great white whale, or with a cheaper way to not be bored?

<< <i>Annnnnnd. GO! >>

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ddinkddink Posts: 2,748

<< <i>I don't think the smiley's or counting counts either.........could be wrong, but I thought that's what he said. >>

If ALL the rules weren't posted in the initial post, hopefully he will forgive us for not reading all 1400 replies to see additional rules that might have been buried image
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    Pippin' day?? If you say so! image

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't think the smiley's or counting counts either.........could be wrong, but I thought that's what he said. >>

If ALL the rules weren't posted in the initial post, hopefully he will forgive us for not reading all 1400 replies to see additional rules that might have been buried image >>

Well, he posted that after people started posting blank posts. He probably should've went back and edited the first post though, to make it clear.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Mom's fixing dinner for me tonight, so I'll have to leave in about an hour.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Made up the rules as he went along, eh?
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    She'll wonder why I'm wolfing down my pork chops! hahaha

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>Made up the rules as he went along, eh? >>

I guess he can do that........it's his giveaway.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Here are some thoughts:

1. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

3. A day without sunshine is like, well, night.

4. On the other hand, you have different fingers.

5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

6. Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?

7. I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

8. When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

9. Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

10. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

11. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

12. He's not dead. He's electroencephalographically challenged.

13. She's always late. Her ancestors arrived on the Juneflower.

14. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

15. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

16. Honk if you love peace and quiet.

17. Pardon my driving. I'm reloading.

18. Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

19. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

20. It is hard to understand how a cemetery raised its burial costs and blamed it on the high cost of living.

21. Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

22. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

23. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.

24. You can't have everything, where would you put it?

25. Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.

26. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.

27. The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

28. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

29. Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.

30. Shin: A device for finding furniture.

31. As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

32. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

33. It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

34. Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

35. I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.

36. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

37. When you go into court you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people that weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

38. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Boy, that sure slowed the posting down........

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Very good Lalasda!

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Boy, when will this thread end???
  • Options
    I wonder if Poorguy is done with his test yet?

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Two more hours.........

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Shouldn't this be going to a new page yet?

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    I guess not.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    I was trying to mention that even though Poorguy said all posts count till the end at his first post, he did say later that any posts after that specific post that he posted did not count.
  • Options
    Maybe this will do it.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Cherwood, do have one of birds on another computer typing stuff for you? image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options

<< <i>Boy, when will this thread end??? >>

At 7:00pm tonight (CST)

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>Cherwood, do have one of birds on another computer typing stuff for you? image >>

No, they can't type. But they can take the keyboard apart!

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No, they can't type. But they can take the keyboard apart! >>

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absurd. I hope that this thread gets moved or eliminated.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not trying to win, just doing my part to help this thread get just a little bit longer...
    plus, any excuse to post these pictures image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    OK, I finished my last final.

RYK, It's just a fun thread. No need to get Tissed. And by adding that comment, you've just contributed to what you are complaining about.

It's 5:30 over here in Lake Charles, LA. An hour and a half left to go. I won't be here at 7:00 PM so I will count the posts to the closest time I can get back to the computer close to 7:00 P.M. It'll be really close to 7:00 PM though. I will then count the thread posts tomorrow while I am at work. I will have the results posted tomorrow at 10:00 A.M and a nice summary of everyone that entered.

If this thread gets booted and I loose all the results, Tough noogies. It was a shot in the dark anyways.

The count is freakin ridiculous. Might hit 2,000.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    You live in Lake Charles? I'm from Shreveport image
  • Options
    solidsolid Posts: 2,975
    My entry for the most brilliant thought:

What were you thinking man?!!! You are going to spend days trying
    to tally all of these posts!

I had 106 entries into my recent 1,000th post giveaway and it took
    me an hour to cut & paste all the posters into a table, alphabetize
    it to make sure there were no double-dippers, and cut the entries
    into equal size pieces of paper so that each entrant would have an
    equal chance at winning.

THIS IS INSANE!!! image

-------------------

My entry for "What am I thinking now?"

Answer: $&%#@!)*!!!

Ken
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I wonder if the blinky kid will come on strong in the last hour to beat out the parrot?
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

<< <i>

It's 5:30 over here in Lake Charles, LA. An hour and a half left to go. I won't be here at 7:00 PM so I will count the posts to the closest time I can get back to the computer close to 7:00 P.M. It'll be really close to 7:00 PM though. I will then count the thread posts tomorrow while I am at work. I will have the results posted tomorrow at 10:00 A.M and a nice summary of everyone that entered.

q]

If you're gonna count them tomorrow at work, how are you gonna post the results at 10:00 A.M. Do you count fast or what?

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if the blinky kid will come on strong in the last hour to beat out the parrot? >>

No.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if the blinky kid will come on strong in the last hour to beat out the parrot? >>

Beat the parrot? ABSOLUTLY!

• Options
    You know parrots are real good at repetition.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    No way, Dominus!

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    I don't think it's gonna make it over 2,000.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Not that I'm trying all that hard. My 2nd PC stays up for days at a time. All I'd have to do is set a macro to do the work for me. Quite honestly, I don't expect to win this, so i'm not exactally trying. I'm just in it for the ride and the fun of watching others make fools of theirselves, right along with myself.
  • Options
    Waiting for baby food to cool again.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options

<< <i>Not that I'm trying all that hard. My 2nd PC stays up for days at a time. All I'd have to do is set a macro to do the work for me. Quite honestly, I don't expect to win this, so i'm not exactally trying. I'm just in it for the ride and the fun of watching others make fools of theirselves, right along with myself. >>

Are you the blinky kid? I thought he meant ddink.

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Dunno who he's referring to. I assume me bcause my avatar blinks after a few seconds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file