HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    Lol - is that a honey baked ham?

I dunno....but she does look like she has some sweetness on her! <3

o:)

BST references available on request

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll have to wait until 2022 for the next 2 medals. To bad that these do not have a subscription option.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

The 2.5 oz US Navy & US Marines are scheduled for 2022. That will leave the US Space Force for 2023.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

And AF , CG one ounce silver medals 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

USM sold a 2.5 Oz silver CG medal in the summer of this year (2021).It looks great.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP said:
    USM sold a 2.5 Oz silver CG medal in the summer of this year (2021).It looks great.

FYI .. They also sold the Airforce 2.5 oz medal. both are no longer available from the Mint.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep I did know that. I have USAF medal sitting in my safe. I liked the USCG medal better, but I'm retired USN and USAF.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. My 1 oz Air Force medal is processing. Anyone else buying? Enrollments are cool sometimes 😉🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭

I will buy a USAF 1 oz medal for my uncle who served in the AF in the 50's. USCG medal (1oz) available in Sept.

I wish (hope) they limit mintage of 1 oz medals to reasonable amount, presently state mintage is unlimited.

Missed the Mint issue of the 2 1/2 oz CG medal but got one on ebay for bid of $120.10 plus shipping. I did get the USN and USMC medals from the mint. I have been watching for AF medal at auction for reasonable price but not yet successful.

I think the Coast Guard Cutter Eagle would make a great image for one side of a commemorative coin. Maybe a light house for the other side.

I am retired Coast Guard, 28 years, active duty and reserve.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@Glen2022 said:
    I think the Coast Guard Cutter Eagle would make a great image for one side of a commemorative coin. Maybe a light house for the other side.

While the Eagle is a beautiful tall ship - America's Tall ship - I'm sure someone would complain if there was a former Nazi sailing ship on a US issued medal. USCG Cutter Eagle is a training ship for the USCG Academy - she was a war prize from Nazi Germany. She doesn't really do the missions of the USCG nor IMO a representation of the current or past CG missions. She's a training ship and literally a show boat!

Whereas, USCG Cutter Hamilton (WMSL-753) is named after the founder (Alexander Hamilton) of the predecessor of the US Coast Guard - The Revenue Cutter Service. USCGC Hamilton also carries out a large portion of the CG's statutory missions and represents the modern day USCG accurately. You have the most modern ship in the CG, named after the CG's founder.

I do agree, a lighthouse would have been a nice representation of another historic long-standing mission of the CG.

The Honor, Respect, and Devotion to Duty phraseology on the back has zero historic significance on the Coast Guard - it's just a catch phrase borne out of the 1990's political climate & the days of TQM! It's more used in a disciplinary setting than the esprit de' corps it's supposed to convey.

BST references available on request

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Ah. My 1 oz Air Force medal is processing. Anyone else buying? Enrollments are cool sometimes 😉🙀🦫

Same here:

Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file