Home U.S. Coin Forum

What else do you like to do in addtion to collecting coins?

I like to fish. Here's a place that i would like to go which is near WWW's home. (He think he may invite me and Sean soon.)

(WWW took the photo.)

adrian

Comments

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to watch airplanes... and take pictures of them... so long as I don't get arrested for doing so image

I've been on the Newark Airport monorail for 3 hours at once, just watching image

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wine enthusiast.
    Higashiyama
  • ccrdragonccrdragon Posts: 2,697
    Fish, ride bike, collect dragons and wizards, spend time with family, camp
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect political items and belong to APIC. I also love movies.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • hunting, fishing, baseball, football, school, and most importantly GIRLS. image
  • ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    Here's a buck my boy got:

(hi Sean - i saw your post above this one)

adrian
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to see images of AT coins.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    Sorry, can't help you out there.
  • Hunting, Fishing, Metal Detecting, and Shooting Competitions.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Saltwater Aquariums and Target Shooting. Not in the same room, of course.

We ARE watching you.

• Fishing, collecting antique firearms, and admiring old cars ( I have owned several in the past but currentlydon't own any although I do have a 58 Corvette in my garage that I sold to my brother).

• MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Love Music, Art, Cooking, Eating, Reading, Working in the Yard.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    Target shooting.
    Adrian, what a beautiful photo! Is it heaven?
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What else do you like to do in addtion to collecting coins? >>

spend 'em

K S
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I play Golden Tee Golf!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    OK, since everybody is afraid to say it, I will. SEX, and lots of it! image

We ARE watching you.

• NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collect DeSoto's, have 1939, 1950, 1955. As Groucho Marx used to say, "Drive a DeSoto, then decide". DeSoto's are DeLightful, DeLirious, DeBest.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    I play indoor, competitive badminton (yes, I'm serious. Yes, it is a serious sport). Go to tournaments and play in the vets divisions. Played for a couple hours last night. My body feels it. Sore--creaky.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I have a passion for flying. Just last night I flew a light twin engine airplane from Chino, CA to Napa Co. airport, CA. I took my parents up there for a steak dinner at Joneseys steak house. It's the funniest thing, but with a minimum fuel purchase they give you two bottles of Woodbridge wine. I got a Chardonnay and a Sauvignon Blanc. I don't know anything about wine, but tonight I figure I'll treat myself to a glass. image
    Rick II
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
    Clankeye,

I know exactly what you mean. I used to play badminton with some international students from China and the Philippines when I was a student in college. It was like playing fullcourt basketball. All you did was sprint, sprint, sprint. I would be huff’n afterwards and I loved it.
  • ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    Shamika--

At last! Someone who understands! Thank you, thank you, thank you. image

Clankeye

Edited to add, I know Cladking gets badminton too.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Adrian, what a beautiful photo! Is it heaven?

I can answer that.

YES!!!! image

What else do I do?
    Growing up it was hunting/fishing ,baseball,football,bicycles,hotwheels.
    Teen years it was hunting/fishing, girls, music and guitars.
    From there its been guns,music,coins,hotwheels (revisited),and now just started to
    have an interest in old bottles after finding a few really old snuff bottles (Levi Garrett & Sons brand)
    Now I want to find some really cool old cobalt blue poison bottles.Preferrably the old Owl Drug Co. ones.
    I find early Coke bottles very interesting.
    Flash is all into this I think too.

• Making mahoghany furniture, fixing up junk homes and renting them out, camping, raising orchids and deltoilogy.
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    Computers, the Open Forum, exercise, good guitar rock n roll, trees.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
    OK, I'll bite.

What is deltoilogy?

<< <i>OK, I'll bite.

What is deltoilogy? >>

The scientific study of one of the muscles of you arm / shoulder.image

No, really, I 'll bite, too. what is it?
  • Chess.... I am a rated player and hold quite a bit of respect for my knowledge of the game. I love the fact that computers can not overcome the game.

I do like target shooting with all calibers of rifles and pistols for the pure fun of it. I occasionally will take a fancy to ATTEMPT to shoot clays with shotguns but I am not very good.

But do not get me wrong, hunting is not my thing because I would much rather snuggle a two-legged dear than shoot four legged deer. Sadly, I am a bachelor who must seek out a dear who will put up with my ways.
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • Yeah I will bite too... what is it?
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Hunt, hike, and protect Old growth forests - especially on the Clackamas river.

Here are some pics if you are interested
    My daughter and I 2 weeks ago - her first hike
    A true Old growth forest saved!
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    50's & 60's music, lifting weights, old movies, our pet birds.

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    Whatever the wind blows me towards. But fishing at that lakes sounds cool. I loved to pull out a 2 lb. lake trout out of there.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • I pretty much just party my days and nights away.

Oh.... and I write some code to pay the bills.
    NMFB ™

• baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Chess.... I am a rated player and hold quite a bit of respect for my knowledge of the game. I love the fact that computers can not overcome the game.

I also find that fascinating that they cannot build a computer that can beat the masters. I love that "human aspect" to a very methodical, calculating game. I dabble in the game but none of my friends will play me anymore.

What is your rating? I once watched my high school physics teachers (with a 2100 rating i believe) play a 5-min speed game against another sharp (but lesser) opponent. It was incredible - they looked like human calculators.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • deltoilogydeltoilogy

I am surprised no one here knew this..... it means postcard collecting. A huge hobby, especially in Europe.
  • Rock Collecting - Geology, Chemistry, Computer Building and Repair, Electronics, Beer Hunter, Aquatic Fish, Astronomy, and Girl Watching!! image
  • I used to have a craving for regular pickup basketball games, but these days I'm pretty much content to
    shoot jumpers by myself.
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    riding wheelies on my motorcycle.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duffer golf, hunting in Wyoming, Badger sports. And the "S" word too!!!
    Also like to cook.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Music enthusiast but, don`t play an instrument , just in appreciation. Played Tennis and Baseball like crazy in my Teens and Twenties, now that I`m older I still follow Womens Tennis. Collecting coins isn`t the top of my list but, music is the top. Collecting coins is an enjoyable sideline that I enjoy doing though.image
  • Hunting, fishing, making beer and wine, drinking beer and wine,
    and s--........Ken
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing the bagpipes, geneology.
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunt.......non pay bidders. heh heh

Actually target shooting here too. Used to be competitive but now just for fun. Have a few 1st place pistol trophies.

Enjoy the back yard, watch Robin Williams, Monty Python, travel, pet the dog, drink beer, drive fast, visit friends.

• baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    woo-hoo a fellow beer-brewer too. I just bottled a batch Monday night. It's a VERY stout raspberry wheat. My last batch was better than guinness - the head was like whipped-cream it was so creamy.

I'm moving up to a 6.5 gallon setup - should be here this week.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,621 ✭✭
    Hiking in Alaskan mountains and kicking bears in the you know what.

Fishing for King, Red, and Silver salmon. That's Chinoock, Sockeye, and Coho salmon for you lower 48ersimage.

Fly fishing for Rainbow trout, in streams with brown bears within 100 yards of you. Scary as heck, buy what a rush.

Snow machining upside down. That's snowmobiling for you lower 48ersimage.

Listening to the Phil Hendrie show.

Jogging.

Drinking electic foreign beers.

Greg
  • Starting with sand and few other chemicals, this is what I make.

Always willing to take advantage of shameless plugs of my work

This is my second career and I'm my own boss, therefore, I enjoy a fine beer when I work, my commute is a 5 min walk through the woods, no more employees, yes, life is good..... then there are my coins...enjoy, dave

Now I'm off for the evening to have dinner with the love of my life, yes, life is good. Adrian thanks for the opportunity to show my work, and not even on the open forum,,yeah
    gravity--it's the law.
  • No other golfers out there ?? Where else can you feel the frustration of an AU 58 like missing a 3 foot putt for a 5 dollar bet !!!

I go on reading binges every once in a while also. Won't read a book for months, and then go thru 3 or 4.

Beer...I'll need to order a case or two from the steelheader...nothing beats a good homemade stout or amber ale...image
    glassman- Those are BEAUTIES!
  • Glassman!!image
  • Lots of target shooters on here. Count me among them, but I shoot trap and sporting clays.

I noticed one other wine geek here also. I have a little cellar that I have been putting together since the early 1980's!

And, last but not least, I have been involved in technical climbing for 33 years. My travels have taken me to many countries and some of the most beautiful places you can imagine. Here's a couple of pictures!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file