Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

July Acquisitions...Show Your Sparklers

Comments

• PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2024 9:03AM

They are too tough on the OPC rough cuts in my opinion. Minor tearing associated with the rough cut should not hold that card back from receiving an 8. I’ve had the same gripes with 73 OPCs I’ve submitted (not that I’m objective, hah!). The OPC cuts can also result in the card corners being slightly rounded, but that’s not due to wear. I think they ding for that too.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice 7 of Brett’s RC.

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks KC!

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2024 7:50AM

Dang, Brad! You’re collecting some very vintage cards. Congrats! Great eye appeal, too!

mint_only_pls

Like the story of the long home run. I did not realize that the ball hit an auxiliary football scoreboard on its moonshot. Incredible!

mint_only_pls
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Like the story of the long home run. I did not realize that the ball hit an auxiliary football scoreboard on its moonshot. Incredible!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always loved this card. Clarke looks about 30x, and that smirk says I am going to break your wrist with a slash.

@Mikeygiggs_336699 said:
    Picked up today at the post office

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@redlegs said:

Very nice! I have a PSA 8 of his 1974 RC that I’m thinking of selling. Underrated player.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love Parker and wish he’d get in the HoF.

That 75 is awesome.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Kahn’s. Those are amazing!!

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Parker!

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a beautiful Banks :)

@mintonlypls said:
    Replacing a key rookie from the mid 1950s, which I regretfully sold to a board member...I recently have finally found a suitable replacement.

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

And that's a beautiful Frisch :)

@brad31 said:
    My first ‘34 Goudey. The green background really pops in person. .802 OPS as a 2nd Basemen with 2,880 hits and a .316 average with over 1100 wins as a manager.

Nice centering on the ‘78 Ryan!

mint_only_pls

WS Batting Foes is my all time favorite card. That is a beauty.

Maybe I am not getting it - but couldn’t you go to PSA same day submissions at The National, crack out a Griffey in the grade of your choice in front of them - write on It yourself in front of them then submit if as a in show turnaround and have it come back the same grade as a qualifier?

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    Maybe I am not getting it - but couldn’t you go to PSA same day submissions at The National, crack out a Griffey in the grade of your choice in front of them - write on It yourself in front of them then submit if as a in show turnaround and have it come back the same grade as a qualifier?

Sure, but that would ruin the allure.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:

@brad31 said:

Sure, but that would ruin the allure.

Nothing magical about a 3 (MK), sure you could make one, but cheaper to just buy one.

• olb31olb31 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

mintonlypls

Please do not post anymore of your recent pick ups. I am incredibly jealous. LOL. Nice cards bruh!!

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold diamonds? :D

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.