Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

June Acquisitions...No June Swoons!

mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is very difficult to find this card in high end as well as centered. I recently pulled the trigger on this beautiful 8 of The Say Hey Kid.

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    It is very difficult to find this card in high end as well as centered. I recently pulled the trigger on this beautiful 8 of The Say Hey Kid.

Beautiful card. That should have been graded a 9!

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cubbies1416 said:
    Just got these ones back from a March submission:

Nice run of Cubs! Love the Wrigley backgrounds on Hundley and Dawson.

• Options
    edited June 1, 2024 11:32AM

The ‘61 Mays would not look out of place in an 8.5…increasing the POP on that card in that grade to just a four (4). Very difficult card in high end…

Light touches on the corners is the only reason for an eight (8).

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    Cubbies1416Cubbies1416 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

@Cubbies1416 said:
    Just got these ones back from a March submission:

Nice run of Cubs! Love the Wrigley backgrounds on Hundley and Dawson.

Thanks, and I totally agree about the backgrounds! I especially love the ivy behind Dawson.

• Options

I especially like the Kellogg’s Reggie….nice pickups.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn. 420 bucks for that 6 Rose is awesome. Great buy!

I love the Kellogg sets. I wish others did because they’re cool but not valued high enough in my opinion.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    A couple of pickups for my PC from a couple of outstanding board members.

KC,

Some killer JB pickups. That 71 is one of my favorites. Those are both monster grabs congrats. Not many 8.5's out there. Last I looked there were only seven 8.5's and eight 9's. I'm glade I landed my 8.5 several years ago.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful Brooks!!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    Beautiful Brooks!!

thanks.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    DoogsterDoogster Posts: 18 ✭✭

@mintonlypls said:

Man, that is superb! Don’t think I’ve ever seen one that nice in a 61 HOF’er! Congrats!

• Options
    Mikeygiggs_336699Mikeygiggs_336699 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

@gorilla glue 4 said:

Added this to my HOF RC Collection.

Awesome Messier!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Doogster said:
    Two nice condition Yanks for my quest to collect the two World Series teams from 55-56.

That Joe Collins holds a special place in my heart, it was the first 1950's card I ever owned, bought it at an antique shop when I was 9 or 10 years old.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet 72 Rookies. Another one of those I always loved and even bought the OPC a few years back. Such a cool card and Cooper is seriously underrated as a player.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Red Hearts and that Billy is a beauty!!

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    Autographs I couldn't resist - all upgrades for me.

Getting close on '71 HOF Auto Set - I do not have the Clemente.. I think there are 6 of them out there.

Recent Submission - I thought I had a shot on both of these. My subs have been going slooooow lately.

One I didn't have for registry.

I had another sub just hit Assembly this morning so maybe in a few days, weeks, or months I'll know the fate of a '51 Monte Irvin, '66 Sutton, & '72 Fisk. Thinking 3/10, 4/10, 8/10 on those. Been a good June already.

Great returns! Love the double dime Papi!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

One thing I noticed with this sub... PSA must have exhausted the cert space and appears to be going back and reusing cert IDs which are not used in the database.

These 3 were already PSA slabbed, but had not been graded for Auto, Card, or Both. In the past they had ranges allocated for customers, and early on, the ranges were allocated for individual graders, so there are lots of gaps; millions of IDs gaps. But considering how quickly the IDs have been consumed in the past few years I think we have a new number system, or we just see them move into the Billions soon, maybe letters... let's go crazy.

"We'll never need more than 8 digits..."

• Options

Eventually…PSA will have to use 9-digit serial numbers: 10xxxxxxx

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the original Irvin - same cert #. Has anyone seen this done before? It's kind of not a big deal, but also kind of a big deal, right?

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 said:
    Can't Stop Buying Harper's!

But These are the Gems of the Month... So Far!

Thanks to FORUM Member KC for the opportunity to Purchase the Aaron - I understand there were multiple parties interested...

2014 Heritage Action is one of my favorites

Looking for FB HOF Rookies