Home Precious Metals

Is $30 the new floor for silver.................

DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

This week and last, the powers that be seem to be trying to smack silver down, but it's holding very mightily at the $30 level.

Is this a new floor or am I dreaming?

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

The powers that be have been manipulating the price higher. They will let it fall back to the gutter soon enough. To answer your question, No. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who exactly are the powers that be and why do they care about the price of silver?

Higashiyama

@Higashiyama said:
    Who exactly are the powers that be and why do they care about the price of silver?

LOL exactly. THKS!

• Mike59Mike59 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    The powers that be have been manipulating the price higher. They will let it fall back to the gutter soon enough. To answer your question, No. THKS!

Wow dude, who hurt you so much to cause you to be so angry?, mean or both ? Remember when u were young and someone told you that “ if u had nothing nice to say then don’t say anything? That still holds true today. Most of us like both and some cant afford gold but still want to collect.
    Mike

MIKE B.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

wasn't silver once 3 and change? floor? see no reason why it would have a hard limit anywhere that's not $0 and I'm not dumping on silver stacking saying that

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would not surprise me if silver goes down below $30. I’m actually rooting for it. Heck, I have dreams of $15 silver with low premiums.

• tincuptincup Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

" Remember when u were young "

Made me think of that Pink Floyd song right away!

Remember when you were young?
    You shone like the sun.
    Shine on, you crazy diamond silver!
    Now there's a look in your eyes
    Like black holes in the sky
    Shine on, you crazy diamond siler! (ok, I took some liberties with it!)_

----- kj
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember : the powers that be took all the gold and silver and paid you with paper.

HE>I

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is Jamie Dimon over in China?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    Why is Jamie Dimon over in China?

He's been there 100's of times. Making $$$$. Same reason why I was there. Everything you read on the internet isn't a conspiracy. THKS!

He's been there 100's of times. Making $$$$. Same reason why I was there.

You run a big bank? Wowzer!

I knew it would happen.

Never ran a big bank but I certainly made $$$ in China. RGDS!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike59 said:

@blitzdude said:

Wow dude, who hurt you so much to cause you to be so angry?, mean or both ? Remember when u were young and someone told you that “ if u had nothing nice to say then don’t say anything? That still holds true today. Most of us like both and some cant afford gold but still want to collect.
    Mike

forgive him, I think he lost a lot in silver.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Remember : the powers that be took all the gold and silver and paid you with paper.

Something one should never forget.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

@derryb said:

@Mike59 said:

@blitzdude said:

Mike

forgive him, I think he lost a lot in silver.

Me thinks your thinker is on backwards. RGDS!

six month trend looks very promising.

Well, in regards to the original OP question; the premise does seem to have held up on a couple of downturns and as of this morning... does seem to be headed back up once again. But we all know how volatile and unpredictable silver can be.

----- kj

And looks like it is being tested / challenged once again!

----- kj
  • Mike59Mike59 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

I think it will hold this time but the silver lining is just picked up a couple of Engelhard 10 oz bars at a better price than last week.
    Mike

MIKE B.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of customers come in stating they think the floor is 30.00 ???

I am however starting to have buyers emerge and start buying again, sales were dead for 3 weeks , but past few days, surge of buyers coming into buy, guess they got use to new price> well see how long it lasts.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    I have a couple of customers come in stating they think the floor is 30.00 ???

I am however starting to have buyers emerge and start buying again, sales were dead for 3 weeks , but past few days, surge of buyers coming into buy, guess they got use to new price> well see how long it lasts.

Perhaps we're getting our information from the same source?

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

It doesn't seem to be the floor today. Metals are being slammed today on not much news.

I knew it would happen.

Let's see at the end of the day and/or Monday's close.

Possible buying opportunity, if the premiums don't rise too much.

I knew it would happen.
  • psuman08psuman08 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

There is news - the jobs report, signaling no rate relief from the Fed.

edited June 7, 2024 11:08AM

The jobs report is as phony as Rosie O'Donnell's crush for Tom Cruise.

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just went into the sub floor

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

….when it falls, stack higher.

HE>I

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crusty said:
    It would not surprise me if silver goes down below $30. I’m actually rooting for it. Heck, I have dreams of $15 silver with low premiums.

You got your wish

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@Crusty said:

You got your wish

I’m not surprised it dropped below $30. I buy regardless of price. A little here and a little there….. It all adds up. The lower it goes the more I can buy.

The DXY (dollar index) direction is an important signal for silver price movement. Always an inverse relationship. A strong dollar on the international stage will always keep a lid on silver prices.

@derryb said:
    The DXY (dollar index) direction is an important signal for silver price movement. Always an inverse relationship. A strong dollar on the international stage will always keep a lid on silver prices.

Wake up, it doesn't matter if the dollar is up down or not around. Gutter prices are always in the gutter. Sure they spike once every decade or so then they go right back to the gutter where they belong. THKS!

Ceiling. The new ceiling. Gutter is at the ceiling not the floor. Blitzdude, your vocabulary is better than that. Surely you can tell the difference.

HE>I

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Wake up, it doesn't matter if the dollar is up down or not around. Gutter prices are always in the gutter. Sure they spike once every decade or so then they go right back to the gutter where they belong. THKS!

Spare us your life story ;)

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

It was your biography I was writing actually. Stack on. lol. THKS!

As I posted earlier, let's see how it closes today...............

• SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing as I couldn't predict the price anyway. seems like " the bloom is off the rose" Nobody's buying silver, contract are holding the sale price up until it drifts lower and lower, then we settle for 5 years at $13. an ounce.

@Soldi said:
    Seeing as I couldn't predict the price anyway. seems like " the bloom is off the rose" Nobody's buying silver, contract are holding the sale price up until it drifts lower and lower, then we settle for 5 years at $13. an ounce.

You've got to be kidding.

What is this kidding? Do I make the joke?

I didn't mean to offend you.

Let's just make a note of June 10th, 2029 and see where silver is at.

If it's at $15 or lower, I'll send you $100 US.

@DoubleEagle59 said:
    I didn't mean to offend you.

Let's just make a note of June 10th, 2029 and see where silver is at.

If it's at $15 or lower, I'll send you $100 US.

You got my address?

I'll wait till 2029 to get your address.

I'll still be here and others will hold me accountable.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

It was your biography I was writing actually. Stack on. lol. THKS!

Crawling back to the gutter time and time again is your life story, not mine.

Nobody's buying silver, contract are holding the sale price up until it drifts lower and lower, then we settle for 5 years at $13. an ounce.

I don't think silver is going down. My opinion.

I knew it would happen.

My opinion is that the economy is weaking and Silver will drift lower. It's an industrial metal.

IMHO
    PS no offense taken and I have quite a bit

Ten year.
    20-25-30.

And it's going down. 29....28.....27.
    It always does before it goes up . What's new ?

HE>I

edited June 25, 2024 7:52PM

$17. Is what I understand to be the cost of harvesting the metal. With industrial demand around the world being high how low could the metal go?

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a strong top not floor

@handyman said:
    Seems like a strong top not floor

Give it time, you may be right, but I think it's a floor.