Home Precious Metals

Is $30 the new floor for silver.................

Comments

• RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

….when it falls, stack higher.

They look like blocks of Lego ... :smile:

• Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it could go to $50 an ounce but I would not bet the farm.

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA
    Dantheman984 Toyz4geo

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2024 4:43PM

Hurt my head, but can rest my feet with a step up

HE>I

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

Crawling back to the gutter time and time again is your life story, not mine.

shitzmood is your classic basement message board investment troll.
    He is ALWAYS on the right side of every trade, he knows the trends in every market, he can always call out the suckers in all of the online communities he pollutes with nothing burger posts.

HE'S MADE MONEY IN CHINA AFTER ALL! :D

Loves me some shiny!
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:

@dcarr said:

Crawling back to the gutter time and time again is your life story, not mine.

shitzmood is your classic basement message board investment troll.
    He is ALWAYS on the right side of every trade, he knows the trends in every market, he can always call out the suckers in all of the online communities he pollutes with nothing burger posts.

HE'S MADE MONEY IN CHINA AFTER ALL! :D

And you have been stuck in the gutter, probably for decades I'd suspect. RGDS!

Disclaimer: Long SLV. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

30 day refresher course. Buy low , stack high.

HE>I

Almost back to where it was a month ago. Half of what it was 13 years ago, half of what it was 44 years ago. Invest wisely LOL. THKS!

edited July 5, 2024 6:43AM

@blitzdude said:
    Almost back to where it was a month ago. Half of what it was 13 years ago, half of what it was 44 years ago. Invest wisely LOL. THKS

And if a guy bought 1000 ounces in the second week of June and sold it in the 3rd or 4th week, he would have made over $1k. Also, it was never $60 13 years ago , nor was it near there 44 years ago. And even in those years, the fluctuations open windows of opportunity , as much or even more often than just dissing it ALL the time. Can you see that ?
    I'm not saying there are not other investment vehicles that do better, I'm just saying..... and probably wasting my time.

HE>I

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:
    Almost back to where it was a month ago. Half of what it was 13 years ago, half of what it was 44 years ago. Invest wisely LOL. THKS

And if a guy bought 1000 ounces in the second week of June and sold it in the 3rd or 4th week, he would have made over $1k. Also, it was never $60 13 years ago , nor was it near there 13 years ago. And even in those years, the fluctuations open windows of opportunity , as much or even more often than just dissing it ALL the time. Can you see that ?
    I'm not saying there are not other investment vehicles that do better, I'm just saying..... and probably wasting my time.

Do it with the SLV. I'm in and out probably 50 times while you are fumbling around with a bunch of trinkets that nobody wants. Hoarding shiny boat anchors down in the gutter/bunker certainly doesn't yield one a profit. Inflation adjust your numbers and you will realize just how deep down in the hole you really are. RGDS!

And P.S. Buy some gold for cripe sakes!

I have a shop that deals in silver and gold. I may play with (in) paper upon retirement, but .... ya gotta appreciate that a few of us still try to serve Joe public.

HE>I

P.S. If I were recommending investments, I would say go long on SPY. I like metals, though.

HE>I

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    P.S. If I were recommending investments, I would say go long on SPY. I like metals, though.

Been in VOO for years. It's the gift that keeps on giving. I like metals too, but just the precious ones.

Read this story this morning about a Bank of America survey showing the differences between young and old "wealthy" investors. Found this rather interesting:
    45% of the younger cohort own physical gold as an asset, and another 45% said they are interested in owning it.

Younger cohorts were classified by age 21-43 vs older 44+. All with investments exceeding $3M. RGDS!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/survey-bank-of-america-younger-and-older-wealthy-investors-163053034.html

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@blitzdude said:

And if a guy bought 1000 ounces in the second week of June and sold it in the 3rd or 4th week, he would have made over $1k. Also, it was never $60 13 years ago , nor was it near there 13 years ago. And even in those years, the fluctuations open windows of opportunity , as much or even more often than just dissing it ALL the time. Can you see that ?

Do it with the SLV. I'm in and out probably 50 times while you are fumbling around with a bunch of trinkets that nobody wants. Hoarding shiny boat anchors down in the gutter/bunker certainly doesn't yield one a profit. Inflation adjust your numbers and you will realize just how deep down in the hole you really are. RGDS!

And P.S. Buy some gold for cripe sakes!

While @blitzeddude is high-frequency trading SLV (and paying fees every time, plus the 1/2% per year built-in depreciation), he is missing out on the cushion provided by physical metal premiums and the appreciation of scarcer collectible forms of it.

When silver prices drop, premiums on physical silver tend to go up. So the price of a physical silver item is less volatile than a paper representation of it.

@blitzeddude wrongly assumes everyone is a chump and that they must buy at retail and sell at wholesale. That is not the case.

The typical dealer wants to buy at wholesale and sell at retail. Anybody that is serious about speculating in physical metals can and should avoid buying at retail and selling at wholesale. Just set yourself up as a corporation and buy/sell at coin shows or whatever. Buy at wholesale if you can. But if you buy at retail, sell at retail.

PS:
    Years ago, something like this circa 2000 Dennis England 5-troy-oz "Continental Coins & Currency" silver bar would sell for close to spot. But now they have appreciated to where this one just sold for somewhere in the vicinity of $1,600 :
    https://ebay.com/itm/186494682324 .
    Not exactly a "trinket that nobody wants". @blitzeddude appears to be oblivious to the notion of "collecting" and the potential value of collectors' items. He apparently has learned nothing from the time spent here at Collectors Universe.

You don't get the fun of collecting and owning things like this with SLV. Or the appreciation in value. In fact, SLV takes all the fun out of silver and is contrary to the reason that you would want to own silver in the first place.

edited July 4, 2024 2:23PM

Nobody pays fees trading stocks. LOL Except maybe the old timers that are still hoarding relics. Wake up man. It's 2024 for cripes sakes. Waste my weekends setting up at a coin show to buy and sell trinkets just so I can break even? Why I can go click click all done. @Ducarr I bet I've made more $$$ trading gutter in the past 7 months than you have selling the gutter for your entire existence. THKS!

edited July 4, 2024 9:20PM

@blitzdude said:
    Nobody pays fees trading stocks. LOL Except maybe the old timers that are still hoarding relics. Wake up man. It's 2024 for cripes sakes. Waste my weekends setting up at a coin show to buy and sell trinkets just so I can break even? Why I can go click click all done. @Ducarr I bet I've made more $$$ trading gutter in the past 7 months than you have selling the gutter for your entire existence. THKS!

Don't care.
    Gamblers always seem to talk about how much they have won, but never mention when things turn up short.
    That is just like you, "winning" all the time and boasting about it, but never talking about all the things that didn't work out.
    If you are so great at trading and making money every time, then why are you spending so much time on this form stating the same thing over and over again instead of lounging on a big yacht somewhere ?

PS:
    I'm not a "bullion" dealer.

Later this month is a local coin club one-day show. I will have a table there. My cost is 40 miles driving round trip ($25 at 62.5 cents per mile, plus the table fee of $45, for a grand total of $70 in expenses).

If clicking a mouse is your maximum level of ability and competency, then have at it. I'm sure that YOU would only break even (at best) at a $70 coin show. But other people seem to do ok and they come back and do shows every year, even ones that are a lot more expensive than $70.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Setting up at a show would be an experience.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had more 'boat anchors'.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2024 8:37AM

@jmski52 said:
    Setting up at a show would be an experience.

It's a fantastic way for folk to see the real depth of the market (at what price and quantity are the buyers amd sellers. And also to feel the mood or psychology of the market via moderate and extreme opinion and rhetoric. One can experience the "glamour" of the professiona.

I would encourage everyone to try it.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• tincuptincup Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

The metals are roaring today, at least as of now. And blitz.... what are you going to do today?? Take that quick profit, or ride it on up?

----- kj

@tincup said:
    The metals are roaring today, at least as of now. And blitz.... what are you going to do today?? Take that quick profit, or ride it on up?

Got my finger on the left mouse button ready to exit the SLV. Mixed emotions, thinking about letting it ride into next week. RGDS!

• tincuptincup Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... hard to tell on the dynamics on this run. But, Mondays tend to be a day for them to go down. Decisions decisions.

----- kj

For those of us who have a position in physical silver, the considerations are much different. No mixed emotions here.

I knew it would happen.

I've always said, owning physical is the ultimate financial insurance.

We have life, house and car insurance so why don't we insurance for our financial assets?

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

@tincup said:
    Yep... hard to tell on the dynamics on this run. But, Mondays tend to be a day for them to go down. Decisions decisions.

P.S. I held and already realized I probably made a mistake....but as the saying goes:

"Welcome to the gutter, we serve up lies and BS dreams"

RGDS!

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes 30 is the new floor. IMHO it will stay above 30 and go higher over the next 3 or 4 months, then dip below 30 when it gets colder.> @DoubleEagle59 said:

I've always said, owning physical is the ultimate financial insurance.

We have life, house and car insurance so why don't we insurance for our financial assets?

Diversifying your financial assets is the only true insurance, and not just with Precious Metals.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    edited July 14, 2024 4:47PM

I like diversification. That's why I have a Type Set. ( coin geek joke).
    blitz, you do know carr is in manufacturing , right ? An all American Company
    True Americans invest in their business.

HE>I

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bounce or Topped out.
    30.03 this second.
    I think it’s a top still

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Double nope. Whats next? 26.77? or 24.55? 30 was the top

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

top?

are you implying it won't see 30 again?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Not more than 31 is my guess but yeah I think it will go flat or down. Def not up up up

edited July 21, 2024 8:00AM

There’s already a shortfall of a couple hundred thousand ounces, and India has become a large accumulator. In addition, the Silver Institute has been lowballing their numbers on consumption.

Not to mention military consumption worldwide that goes unreported.

It’s not rocket science. Plan accordingly.

I knew it would happen.
  • SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

@jmski52 said:
    There’s already a shortfall of a couple hundred thousand ounces

300,000 ounce shortfall is $9 million. Yawn. Definately not rocket science

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:
    There’s already a shortfall of a couple hundred thousand ounces

300,000 ounce shortfall is $9 million. Yawn. Definately not rocket science

A days pay for more than a few. RGDS!

@jmski52 said:

What exactly am I planning for? I mean I can't eat the gutter metal but if I tried I'd probably turn bleu. Premiums sure have dropped. THKS!

It’s not the dollar amount. A shortfall means a supply shortage, which likely means a price run up when solar panels are doubling in demand year over year. (Yawn)

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    It’s not the dollar amount. A shortfall means a supply shortage, which likely means a price run up when solar panels are doubling in demand year over year.

According to the Silver Institute ( and the interweb), solar panels consumed 140 million ounces in 2022. And you say the deficit is a few 100 thousand ounces? This is merely a rounding error. Looks more like equilibrium.

But...from your mouth to God's ears, silver goes much higher as we all welcome our new found wealth.

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

What exactly am I planning for? I mean I can't eat the gutter metal but if I tried I'd probably turn bleu. Premiums sure have dropped. THKS!

You can't eat your gold or your dollar bills or your bank statements either.
    Well, actually, I suppose you can, but there is no nutritional value in it.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2024 4:37AM

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

You can't eat your gold or your dollar bills or your bank statements either.
    Well, actually, I suppose you can, but there is no nutritional value in it.

Argyria. This guy was a silver addict. From the Greek argyros, 'silver'.

2022 is ancient history in terms of silver consumption in the solar industry. The Silver Institute has historically underreported solar industry data which has been tabulated more accurately from user data by Bix Weir.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    2022 is ancient history in terms of silver consumption in the solar industry. The Silver Institute has historically underreported solar industry data which has been tabulated more accurately from user data by Bix Weir.

Please provide some factual statistics rather than rhetoric and opinion. Can you?

Box Weir did an interview. You go find it.

I knew it would happen.

Silver Institute puts out fictitious numbers.

The numbers have been changed in their official report when you compare historical figures from this year's to last year's report.

The data on silver usage has been changed in order to minimize the silver ounce consumption.

@jmski52 said:

Never heard of him. Funny name though. Probably doesn't have your credentials.

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

Never heard of him. Funny name though. Probably doesn't have your credentials.

Almost as good as Turd Ferguson. Heh, gutter peddlers. RGDS!

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Major drop in gold and silver overnight after the stock market drop yesterday. Went right past resistance levels.

Will be interesting to see if there will be a strong rebound when the Fed lowers the short-term interest rate which I expect will be sooner now with the lower stock market sentiment and record consumer credit card debt defaults. Higher unemployment is becoming a factor as well.

I still remain somewhat optimistic that this drop will turn out to be a good precious metal buying opportunity. So far, a lot of money is moving into US bonds, which are still considered a safe haven, ...until they aren't.

edited July 25, 2024 4:48AM

I think the floor got a hole in it.

Will probably pop above $30 on Friday. (I should get a boat load of 'LOL's' for this post.)

edited July 25, 2024 7:59AM

Ummmmmmmmmmm Well then.
    is it 26.77 yet? I mean its been a whole 5 days now!