Home U.S. Coin Forum

VaultBox Black Friday Series 4 Drop

VB has limited amounts of VB 4 boxes for sale right now. HHL of 1.

Good news! They implemented the virtual waiting room system for this sale and stated that this was a test run for this system to be used for VB 5 release.

Initially the waiting room told me I would gain access to the site in 17 minutes and I gained access in 15 minutes. No website crash. Very easy to order and checkout.😎

Comments

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 minutes in waiting room..... :#

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Good news! They implemented the virtual waiting room system for this sale and stated that this was a test run for this system to be used for VB 5 release.

Initially the waiting room told me I would gain access to the site in 17 minutes and I gained access in 15 minutes. No website crash. Very easy to order and checkout.😎

Shorter then the wait in my dentist and doctors office. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s fun to have fun but you have to know how!

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Were they still available? Did you get one?

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Bullsitter said:

Yes. Waiting room for about 10 minutes, checked out at 9:12
    Don't know when they sold out.

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, how did everyone make out? We'd love to know how much fun $229 buys on Black Friday!

Amazing how these sell out, and then quantity magically appears months later, both at the ANA and now on Black Friday. You really cannot take anything these guys say at face value.

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin They sounded like carnival hawkers at the ANA. Really kind of a sad display IMO. All for clicks I guess.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

@pursuitofliberty said:
    @NJCoin They sounded like carnival hawkers at the ANA. Really kind of a sad display IMO. All for clicks I guess.

Yes, I know. You have to hand it to them, though. They really know how to promote, how to get people excited, and to suspend disbelief. Kind of like magicians.

edited November 24, 2023 2:10PM

@NJCoin said:
    So, how did everyone make out? We'd love to know how much fun $229 buys on Black Friday!

Amazing how these sell out, and then quantity magically appears months later, both at the ANA and now on Black Friday. You really cannot take anything these guys say at face value.

I already flipped mine, we'll have to wait for him to tell what he got......Pizza time.... B)

• mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

I thought if I read something here correctly series 4 sold out almost immediately and they're on VB5 now. "It's the gift that keeps on giving Clark".

Mark

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who in the world would still buy series 4 if the "red core hits" or whatever are known to be pulled already?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

@DCW said:
    Who in the world would still buy series 4 if the "red core hits" or whatever are known to be pulled already?

Freddie.

@Bullsitter said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Bullsitter said:

Yes. Waiting room for about 10 minutes, checked out at 9:12
    Don't know when they sold out.

Awesome! Congratulations!😎

@mark_dak said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

I thought if I read something here correctly series 4 sold out almost immediately and they're on VB5 now. "It's the gift that keeps on giving Clark".

Mark

They did. These are duplicate orders that were canceled due to bots or humans buying over their limit.

Same thing happened with the previous releases but they were released on WhatNot instead of VB website.

@DCW said:

Are you sure all the red cores have been found? I haven't heard that discussed which is why it would be nice to be able to discuss this product like adults without getting the threads shutdown. 🙄

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know our general answer to THAT, Freddie - find another board that cares, not one focused on PCGS.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

@BStrauss3 said:
    You know our general answer to THAT, Freddie - find another board that cares, not one focused on PCGS.

You know my answer to that Strauss...if you truly don't care than be adult enough to ignore the thread so the members that do care can discuss it freely....

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

Are they?

I didn't suggest any of that, my ire is reserved for the constant drum of VaultBox this and that.

-----Burton

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

You know my answer to that Strauss...if you truly don't care than be adult enough to ignore the thread so the members that do care can discuss it freely....

Freddie, Freddie, Freddie - if you haven't figured out, by now, that the vast majority of participants here couldn't give a rat's fuzzy posterior about VaultBox, it's not my job to edumicate you.

-----Burton

@BStrauss3 said:
    I didn't suggest any of that, my ire is reserved for the constant drum of VaultBox this and that.

Understood. But your ire is unrelated to the PCGS nature of this forum. So the PCGS focus to which you refer has no bearing.

Personally, I have no use for CRH chest-beating over finding silver. But it does not cause "ire" nor cause me to tell the CRHers to go someplace else.

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

Freddie, Freddie, Freddie - if you haven't figured out, by now, that the vast majority of participants here couldn't give a rat's fuzzy posterior about VaultBox, it's not my job to edumicate you.

Strauss, Strauss, Strauss. Thank you! Please stop trying to educate me. You are not the kind of teacher I want in my life.😉

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

Strauss, Strauss, Strauss. Thank you! Please stop trying to educate me. You are not the kind of teacher I want in my life.😉

I suppose that we should only allow threads that the MAJORITY of forum members are interested in. That would really cut down on the number of threads.

Maybe PCGS could add a vote tally to all new threads. If, say, less than 40% of the first 25 respondents are interested in the thread, it automatically gets poofed.

The good news is that the VB threads will survive. Like CAC, nearly 100% of the forum appears to be interested. Some (most?) of them hate it, but negative interest is still interest.

edited November 25, 2023 8:45AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

I suppose that we should only allow threads that the MAJORITY of forum members are interested in. That would really cut down on the number of threads.

Maybe PCGS could add a vote tally to all new threads. If, say, less than 40% of the first 25 respondents are interested in the thread, it automatically gets poofed.

The good news is that the VB threads will survive. Like CAC, nearly 100% of the forum appears to be interested. Some (most?) of them hate it, but negative interest is still interest.

Actually, no. Our hosts should allow all of the threads, at least until such time as they become personally abusive.

But, when you repeatedly start threads about a topic that generates strong negative feelings, you should fully expect strong negative responses. And shouldn't constantly whine about it, or try to get people banned for posting opposing, negative points of view, repeatedly, in response to repeated promotion, discussion, etc.

Freddie keeps starting threads that very few people actually care about, other than to criticize the product, or to grab a box of popcorn to observe the festivities, and then repeatedly complains when people join his thread to bash a product that some have very valid reasons to want to bash. For this reason alone, the mods probably should strongly consider banning future VB threads.

Many of us received the e-mails directly from VB about the very exciting Black Friday drop of held back VB 4 inventory. Only one member started a thread about it. The same member who started every other VB thread. Absolute dedication, if nothing else.

He tried and failed to establish an ability to moderate threads he starts. He (or his proxies) tried and failed to have the actual moderators ban or otherwise control posters or posts that Freddie does not like on his threads. Each and every time, that accomplished nothing aside from getting the thread shut down. Again, anyone is free to start any thread they want, but, as a distinguished educator, you are likely aware of the definition of insanity.

No one, other than you, is suggesting that Collectors Universe limit posts to PCGS content, but thanks for taking a comment to a ridiculous conclusion. OTOH, the odds of Freddie having a constructive back and forth on this forum about a product that many consider to be nothing more than a cynical, unregulated gambling vehicle that happens to use coins as its hook, is slim to none. The appropriate place for such an enlightened, vigorous exchange of all things VB is more likely Reddit, or the VB website itself.

At this point, starting related threads here really is nothing more than a form of trolling. Continuing to do it in the hope of wearing people down is unlikely to yield the desired result, given how entrenched feelings are. That said, insanity is a thing, so whatever.

@NJCoin said:

At this point, starting related threads here really is nothing more than a form of trolling. Continuing to do it in the hope of wearing people down is unlikely to yield the desired result, given how entrenched feelings are. That said, insanity is a thing, so whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am) but I always assumed Freddie was a shill for the sales team, which always made me question why these threads weren't at least regulated to the BST.

Granted, I haven't followed this whole VB enough to really know ... but that's what it seems like. He sounds similar to the hawkers that were on the ANA bourse.

just my 2c ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am) but I always assumed Freddie was a shill for the sales team, which always made me question why these threads weren't at least regulated to the BST.

Granted, I haven't followed this whole VB enough to really know ... but that's what it seems like. He sounds similar to the hawkers that were on the ANA bourse.

just my 2c ...

Freddie has no connection to VB.

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

just my 2c ...

>

Do you?

Todd - BHNC #242

@pursuitofliberty said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

just my 2c ...

>

Do you?

No he does not🙄

edited November 25, 2023 10:32AM

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

just my 2c ...

Agreed, but I don't think he is anything other than a highly motivated fanboy. And, the motivation seems to be getting a reaction here. For the benefit of the uninitiated who might stumble across any of these threads in the future, I, for one, am happy to oblige him.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

just my 2c ...

>

Do you?

No he does not🙄

I also have no connection to the US Mint despite my interest in some of their products.

@pursuitofliberty said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

just my 2c ...

>

Do you?

I assume you work for PCGS. I can't think of any other reason you'd be interested in their products or services.

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

just my 2c ...

>

Do you?

I assume you work for PCGS. I can't think of any other reason you'd be interested in their products or services.

>

However snarky they came off, my questions were legitimate. Both of you sound like people with a vested interest, or just total fan boys.

Sounds like I hurt your feelings though. You can put me on ignore anytime. I usually skip past your posts anyway.

Todd - BHNC #242

@pursuitofliberty said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

@NJCoin said:

just my 2c ...

>

Do you?

>

However snarky they came off, my questions were legitimate. Both of you sound like people with a vested interest, or just total fan boys.

Sounds like I hurt your feelings though. You can put me on ignore anytime. I usually skip past your posts anyway.

Lol. It doesn't hurt my feelings. It's just an odd presumption.

• UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

Actually, no. Our hosts should allow all of the threads, at least until such time as they become personally abusive.

But, when you repeatedly start threads about a topic that generates strong negative feelings, you should fully expect strong negative responses. And shouldn't constantly whine about it, or try to get people banned for posting opposing, negative points of view, repeatedly, in response to repeated promotion, discussion, etc.

Freddie keeps starting threads that very few people actually care about, other than to criticize the product, or to grab a box of popcorn to observe the festivities, and then repeatedly complains when people join his thread to bash a product that some have very valid reasons to want to bash. For this reason alone, the mods probably should strongly consider banning future VB threads.

Many of us received the e-mails directly from VB about the very exciting Black Friday drop of held back VB 4 inventory. Only one member started a thread about it. The same member who started every other VB thread. Absolute dedication, if nothing else.

He tried and failed to establish an ability to moderate threads he starts. He (or his proxies) tried and failed to have the actual moderators ban or otherwise control posters or posts that Freddie does not like on his threads. Each and every time, that accomplished nothing aside from getting the thread shut down. Again, anyone is free to start any thread they want, but, as a distinguished educator, you are likely aware of the definition of insanity.

No one, other than you, is suggesting that Collectors Universe limit posts to PCGS content, but thanks for taking a comment to a ridiculous conclusion. OTOH, the odds of Freddie having a constructive back and forth on this forum about a product that many consider to be nothing more than a cynical, unregulated gambling vehicle that happens to use coins as its hook, is slim to none. The appropriate place for such an enlightened, vigorous exchange of all things VB is more likely Reddit, or the VB website itself.

TLDR and I assume I've already read it multiple times anyway. You're like a broken record, give it a rest.

Philippians 4:4-7

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited November 25, 2023 4:14PM

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

TLDR and I assume I've already read it multiple times anyway. You're like a broken record, give it a rest.

All of this is one big broken record. Just making my contribution to it.

No one needed a thread about a VB retread Black Friday limited drop after they sold out, but we got one anyway. Literally, no one.

Anyone with any interest who did not receive multiple marketing e-mails directly from VB, and was waiting for Freddie to helpfully post about it 20 minutes after they went on sale, after Freddie got his, missed out. So the thread served no purpose, other than to stir things up again after they settled down earlier in the week.

All part of the magic of VB and its never ending threads. All started by Freddie. It's all a broken record. If you don't like broken records, stay away from VB threads, or put me on Ignore.

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

**No one needed a thread about a VB retread Black Friday limited drop after they sold out, but we got one anyway. Literally, no one. **

Really? I didn’t know you spoke for everyone... Some people may actually want to discuss it, however, it is impossible with you around.

edited November 25, 2023 4:54PM

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

**No one needed a thread about a VB retread Black Friday limited drop after they sold out, but we got one anyway. Literally, no one. **

Really? I didn’t know you spoke for everyone... Some people may actually want to discuss it, however, it is impossible with you around.

No. I speak only for myself, although I am sure there are at least a few who agree with me. A thread about a limited drop after it sells out, when the information was publicly available days ahead of time, is the very definition of a thread no one needs. Although, admittedly, I only speak for myself in saying that.

You can have any discussion you want. My understanding of how the Ignore function works is that my posts are invisible to those who have me on Ignore. So any discussions at all are the exact opposite of impossible, regardless of what anyone does or does not post. Even me. The discussion you want is only impossible because I make some valid points, and others, who don't have me on Ignore, agree with them.

Telling me to give it a rest is not an effort to facilitate a redundant discussion. It is just an effort to try to control me and my posts. I'll give it a rest when Freddie does. Not when you admonish me to.

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

No. I speak only for myself, although I am sure there are at least a few who agree with me. A thread about a limited drop after it sells out, when the information was publicly available days ahead of time, is the very definition of a thread no one needs. Although, admittedly, I only speak for myself in saying that.

You can have any discussion you want. My understanding of how the Ignore function works is that my posts are invisible to those who have me on Ignore. So any discussions at all are the exact opposite of impossible, regardless of what anyone does or does not post. Even me. The discussion you want is only impossible because I make some valid points, and others agree with them.

Telling me to give it a rest is not an effort to facilitate a redundant discussion. It is just an effort to try to control me and my posts. I'll give it a rest when Freddie does. Not when you admonish me to.

So any topic that is already public information is unworthy of discussion. Good to know...

edited November 25, 2023 5:20PM

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

You can have any discussion you want. My understanding of how the Ignore function works is that my posts are invisible to those who have me on Ignore. So any discussions at all are the exact opposite of impossible, regardless of what anyone does or does not post. Even me. The discussion you want is only impossible because I make some valid points, and others agree with them.

So any topic that is already public information is unworthy of discussion. Good to know...

No. But topics that are already public information, and have been the subject of multiple other threads, the vast majority of which were shut down for one reason or another, really are unworthy of further discussion. That probably is something that's worth knowing if it was not already obvious to you.

OTOH, if it's not obvious, and you want to discuss, great! Let's discuss!!! The electronic floor is now yours.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

No. But topics that are already public information, and have been the subject of multiple other threads, the vast majority of which were shut down for one reason or another, really are unworthy of further discussion. That probably is something that's worth knowing if it was not already obvious to you.

OTOH, if it's not obvious, and you want to discuss, great! Let's discuss!!! The electronic floor is now yours.

As they say in politics. It will be different this time! :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

:* > @NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

Yeah, I wonder why they all keep getting shut down...

edited November 25, 2023 6:36PM

@UpGrayedd said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

Maybe because it's a very polarizing product that has already been debated to death? You are an excellent example, as someone who claims to want a discussion, but has actually nothing new to say.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every thread started by me is to provide new information just like this one. FACT.😎

edited November 25, 2023 9:35PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Every thread started by me is to provide **new **information just like this one. FACT.😎

Really? The first VB e-mail announcing this incredible opportunity went out around 7:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday. A second one went out around 11:00 a.m. on Friday. Just what was new in your thread that was posted at 12:20 p.m. on Friday, after you completed your purchase and probably right around the time they sold out?

NOTHING. Other than an excuse to start yet another VB thread. No one wanting to play was waiting for your thread, needed it to learn of the drop, or would have been able to act on it. We all get the same e-mails you do, but no one else feels compelled to share "new information," that isn't really news at all, with the group. To start yet another redundant thread that @UpGrayedd finds so tiresome.

It's all just more marketing games from VB. With an assist from you. There is negative value in those boxes that you so zealously chase. That you can't help yourself from publicizing, but don't dare do so before you get yours out of fear of missing out. Can't wait until you share your big score with us! FACT! 😎😎😎

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

Maybe because it's a very polarizing product that has already been debated to death? You are an excellent example, as someone who claims to want a discussion, but has actually nothing new to say.

I didn't claim to want a discussion, but I understand that some may. However, you keep trying to shut it down because of some sort of moral superiority complex. To be honest it's very weird and sort of creepy.

edited November 25, 2023 10:15PM

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@BStrauss3 said:

I didn't claim to want a discussion, but I understand that some may. However, you keep trying to shut it down because of some sort of moral superiority complex. To be honest it's very weird and sort of creepy.

I'm not trying to shut anything down at all. I have never complained to a mod about a thread, a post, or a poster. In fact, I enthusiastically participate whenever Freddie decides to start a new thread on the topic, since I happen to have a strong point of view that I want to share every bit as much as Freddie wants to share his enthusiasm for the product.

You, OTOH, both commanded me to "give it a rest" and said that "some people may actually want to discuss it." I assumed you were speaking for yourself, since it never occurred to me that you would be so presumptuous as to be speaking for others about something you had no interest in. My bad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file