Home U.S. Coin Forum

VaultBox Black Friday Series 4 Drop

13»

Comments

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

If VB had 'bot' orders, how would they know? I assume any savy website is going to use a captcha to weed out the bots, and if they did, then the bots in theory can't get through to order. Again if they did not use this, how would they know? There are software packages one can use, but it is simply an interpretation in most cases, and these packages cost some coin. Also, kick out a big portion of your orders bc the bot program is used, you are going to upset alot of your proletariat who are using bots to insure they get one - so you'd be driving customers away. That makes no sense. Thus, I am suspicious of the assertion that these '100' or so were actually 'Bot' cancellations, but instead perhaps, additional inventory beyond the stated inventory offered on VB4 selling day? Meaning, VB could be selling more boxes than they claim to, for maximizing their return............ Just sayin'

Best, SH

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    If VB had 'bot' orders, how would they know? I assume any savy website is going to use a captcha to weed out the bots, and if they did, then the bots in theory can't get through to order. Again if they did not use this, how would they know? There are software packages one can use, but it is simply an interpretation in most cases, and these packages cost some coin. Also, kick out a big portion of your orders bc the bot program is used, you are going to upset alot of your proletariat who are using bots to insure they get one - so you'd be driving customers away. That makes no sense. Thus, I am suspicious of the assertion that these '100' or so were actually 'Bot' cancellations, but instead perhaps, additional inventory beyond the stated inventory offered on VB4 selling day? Meaning, VB could be selling more boxes than they claim to, for maximizing their return............ Just sayin'

Best, SH

We can all speculate about the available inventory on Black Friday but we don't know for sure how they the ended up with extras.

My guess is they received orders over the HHL which then got canceled after review by their Customer Service team or maybe prior to shipment at the warehouse.

I accidentally placed orders over the HHL due to the website crashing while placing my order for Series 4. To be clear, I don't use bot programs. I received my HHL order and the other orders were not fulfilled or canceled. The status never changed from "processing" and I never received order cancellation emails or product.

I can tell you that the VB website couldn't handle the buyer traffic for all of the releases so far. FWIW, I have experienced website crashes by other companies and the Mint too! Stuff happens....

VB is a young company with a hot product that generates tremendous website traffic when people try to place orders. Obviously they are trying to resolve the website crashes by utilizing a Virtual Waiting room for the Series 5 release.😎

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2023 8:35AM

@johnny010 said:
    @jmlanzaf

[For the record, $50,000 is roughly the retail price for a 65 HR.]

The coin in question is advertised is a flat edge. $50k is the wholesale price.

Strongly disagree.

Most recent Heritage sale

Some others. PCGS brings a bit more. CAC brings significantly more.

Greysheet CPG is in the mid $40s.

The wire rim is more expensive.

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

These get distributed through a couple sites. Finest Known did not have any captcha and PSE seems to be bot heavy.

@jmlanzaf said:

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

These get distributed through a couple sites. Finest Known did not have any captcha and PSE seems to be bot heavy.

Add VB to the list of websites that didn't have captcha

• DropdaflagDropdaflag Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like having more information when I purchase anything over $100. These are too much of a gamble for my taste.

@Dropdaflag said:
    I like having more information when I purchase anything over $100. These are too much of a gamble for my taste.

That's exactly the point. They are a gamble for people who want to take a chance.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

Sure, but how would they know it is a bot? What I have seen online is that even the best programs to identify bots can be subjective. So what am I missing?

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

@spacehayduke said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

Sure, but how would they know it is a bot? What I have seen online is that even the best programs to identify bots can be subjective. So what am I missing?

Probably just a marketing strategy. Nothing to obsess over in my opinion.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

These threads just keep on going.... :p

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:
    @jmlanzaf

Not for non-cac, Grey on a 65 is 39,5 and CPG is 47,4 which is only a tad more than 64CAC. NGC makes it even worse, one just auctioned for 36k on HA 2 weeks ago (coin looks like a mediocre 64 to me and sold for a price commensurate to that). Their offer of 50k is actually very strong, and likely the best offer one could get for that coin.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

@DeplorableDan said:

@johnny010 said:
    @jmlanzaf

Not for non-cac, Grey on a 65 is 39,5 and CPG is 47,4 which is only a tad more than 64CAC. NGC makes it even worse, one just auctioned for 36k on HA 2 weeks ago (coin looks like a mediocre 64 to me and sold for a price commensurate to that). Their offer of 50k is actually very strong, and likely the best offer one could get for that coin.

agree. I posted some comps above including the $36,000 HA coin. $50,000 is a bounty for that coin rather than an actual market prrice.

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@johnny010 said:
    @jmlanzaf

agree. I posted some comps above including the $36,000 HA coin. $50,000 is a bounty for that coin rather than an actual market prrice.

Ahh I see, I didn't even realize there was a 3rd page to this thread, I was looking at the second when I replied. Didn't mean to pile on.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file