Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CAC sticker service: update

johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be old news for some but I called CAC (sticker side) today and was told an announcement went out yesterday or maybe today that they are working down their wait list for the stickering service.

Although the website stopped saying no new customers as of last week, they are still only taking customers off the wait list. I understood they will also be allowing new people to add to the waitlist.

@DeplorableDan might have more insights but for those of you that have been waiting, thought this was a good time to share.

I’m #180 on the waitlist and there was no expectation on how long to get an account other than “this year”.

Comments

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have any additional insights, but have also heard similar reports that the fog would be lifting very soon.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:

I’m #180 on the waitlist and there was no expectation on how long to get an account other than “this year”.

How did you find out your place on the waiting list?

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

JA, why don't you just have a membership fee?
    I have no desire to be put on a "waiting list"!
    Everyone else has a membership fee, just do it!

• Options

@lermish said:

@johnny010 said:

How did you find out your place on the waiting list?

I asked the nice lady that answered and she pulled up her excel file and searched by last name.

• Options
    JerseyBJerseyB Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

I emailed them a few months ago about a membership and a list was never mentioned to me. Just that when membership opens an announcement will be made.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JerseyB said:
    I emailed them a few months ago about a membership and a list was never mentioned to me. Just that when membership opens an announcement will be made.

They've had a waiting list since they started.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JerseyB said:

Might it be that at a certain point, they stopped adding to the list?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JerseyB said:

I'm sure he can answer for us but my suspicion is @johnny010 was added to the list somewhat recently. I found out that I'm #120 and I've only been on the list for 18 months or so.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2023 6:40PM

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JerseyB said:

Idk. I haven't looked recently. But for 10+ years they had that button to be "notified" when it reopened. That put you on the list. Took me about 2 years to get to the top of the list.

I just looked and right now they don't appear to have the button available.

(Frankly, the web site has become a little confusing with both CAC and CACG co-habitating.)

They've never had unlimited open memberships. I'd be surprised if they retired the waiting list

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I called a few months ago and asked about sending coins in and was told that you need a membership and that they are not accepting new members. I was then given the option of being placed on a waiting list. So, a waiting list is the only option unless they have changed their no new member policy.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@lermish said:

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JerseyB said:

I'm sure he can answer for us but my suspicion is @johnny010 was added to the list somewhat recently. I found out that I'm #120 and I've only been on the list for 18 months or so.

Yes I called and added myself in March. It was offered to me the third time I called in 10 days or so. I didn’t expect them to be closed to new customers so long.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JerseyB said:

I was told the wait list had been closed at some point, but it was being reopened for people to sign up again. I was also told I would get a membership this year so that means they at least plan to let 180 people in from now until the end of ‘23.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:
    I asked the nice lady that answered and she pulled up her excel file and searched by last name.

Has anybody tried sending a dozen roses to the nice lady who answers the phone?

• Options

@johnny010 said:

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JerseyB said:

I was told the wait list had been closed at some point, but it was being reopened for people to sign up again. I was also told I would get a membership this year so that means they at least plan to let 180 people in from now until the end of ‘23.

I hope you are right re the timing. This is a quote from the email I received:

" We are hoping to begin letting new members in by the end of the year"

• Options

17 calendar days or 12 business days later, I’ve moved from 180 to 174.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like I’m #11 on the waiting list. I don’t remember when I requested to be added though

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    I called a few months ago and asked about sending coins in and was told that you need a membership and that they are not accepting new members. I was then given the option of being placed on a waiting list. So, a waiting list is the only option unless they have changed their no new member policy.

You can submit via someone that has a membership. Some dealers have memberships and will charge for the service, nothing in life is free.

• Options

@Mr_Spud said:
    Looks like I’m #11 on the waiting list. I don’t remember when I requested to be added though

Mrs. Spud?

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

@Mr_Spud said:

Mrs. Spud?

??? 🤔

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Dug13Dug13 Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

I had emailed them last week about being added to the Waitlist.
    Here is their response:
    “ Thank you for your email and interest in joining CAC. We are not accepting new members at this time and our waiting list is full. We are working on adding a tool to our website for you to sign up for the waiting list. Please check the website periodically for updates regarding this.”

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

• Options

This phrase came to mind "kicked to the curb"

• Options

@Dug13 said:
    Here is their response:
    “ Thank you for your email and interest in joining CAC. We are not accepting new members at this time and our waiting list is full. We are working on adding a tool to our website for you to sign up for the waiting list. Please check the website periodically for updates regarding this.”

See if you have this box available inside your profile.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:

@Dug13 said:
    Here is their response:

[...]

See if you have this box available inside your profile.

It sounds like @Dug13 is not currently on the waitlist. So, he, or she, would not have received the 10/25/23 invite to create an account for tracking the queue. Assuming this correct, does Dug13 have a "profile" to check?

• Options
    Dug13Dug13 Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

Thank you MetroD!!
    Just created a profile/account. As of this moment, I’m #282 on the list.

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2023 12:37PM

@Dug13 said:
    Thank you MetroD!!

Congrats !!!

I didn't realize that creating your own account, and then adding yourself to the WL, was even an option yet.

Thanks for sharing. This info could help someone else. :)

Edited to Add:
    A 'hat tip' to the OP, @johnny010. His "profile" screenshot started the interaction that led to this revelation.

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Dug13 said:
    Thank you MetroD!!

Congrats !!!

I didn't realize that creating your own account, and then adding yourself to the WL, was even an option yet.

Thanks for sharing. This info could help someone else. :)

Thanks for the info., I just created an account and added my name to the wait list. I'm number 284.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I emailed earlier this month to ask about my position (I swear I asked to be on the waitlist but I guess I didn't), the reply I got back was, "After reviewing our membership waitlist unfortunately , your name is not listed . I have added your name to our waitlist and email listing for CAC updates."

But just now I created an account and added myself to the waitlist and it says 291. So I guess we'll see.

I think they'll start going through the list pretty fast. For collectors, I can't imagine that if they add 20 accounts/week that they'll be deluged with coins. I'm not sure people on the waitlist have dozens of coins just ready to go but you never know.

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I joined when they launched it.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is their reason for not expanding infrastructure to accommodate demand?

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:

The focus and resources went into CACG. They are scaling things up now (in both the stickering and grading businesses), albeit not nearly as quickly as some would like. My last stickering submission was received on 10/18 and shipped 10/26.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got an email telling me that I was 218 on their waiting list. 🥱

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2023 7:16AM

Just wondering what the heck is sooooo important about getting another sticker.
    first the white or whatever box, then the green etc then the blue or whatever color box or sticker...
    now each gets THE ** dark or light shiny or whatever coveted sticker????
    Price of coin $500, price of packaging and stickering another $ 500 ?????? What is next?????
    maybe coins in "panzer-glass" slabs?
    What happened to **buy the coin.
    ...not the box and or sticker.
    H

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, leave the coin raw?????

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the updated information.
    I’m number 293 and not going to be holding my breath here.
    At least I’m on there now! 😋

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

@YQQ said:
    Just wondering what the heck is sooooo important about getting another sticker.
    first the white or whatever box, then the green etc then the blue or whatever color box or sticker...
    now each gets THE ** dark or light shiny or whatever coveted sticker????
    Price of coin $500, price of packaging and stickering another $ 500 ?????? What is next?????
    maybe coins in "panzer-glass" slabs?
    What happened to **buy the coin.
    ...not the box and or sticker.
    H

Just wondering what the heck is sooooo important about commenting on another thread.
    What happened to **useful productive comments....not trolling and criticizing others' collections.

• Options

@YQQ said:
    Or, leave the coin raw?????

Or, not saying anything at all?????

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just joined... you can sign up for waitlist during registration.

Why limit oneself in this hobby/business?

See yall in two years or so sitting at 300... 😆

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

I'm number 145 as of now.

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:

The graders at CAC stickering in New Jersey and CACG grading in Virginia cannot be found at a “dime a dozen”. It takes people with a VERY special talent, with a very special personality, with an acceptance of very special working conditions to be a grader at the TPG’s.

Have you asked on these forums why our host is not expanding infrastructure to accommodate demand, since for $40 regular grading the turnaround time is roughly eight weeks? Why not? The answer is the same!

CACG apparently made a business decision to keep turnaround time short. That’s why they’re currently running around a week or so, not counting mailing time. I think that’s great, and is another example of being collector friendly. It’s also tremendously beneficial to dealers, who don’t have to have inventory tied up long during the grading process! I believe as a dealer you should understand that.

I’m a BIG fan of PCGS, as 100% of my coins are in their holders. To me and most others, quality of results is of utmost importance! I would hope you feel the same way! PCGS, NGC, CAC and CACG all recognize that, and that’s why they will not expand infrastructure if it results in diminished quality!!!!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

I signed up today and am at #311.

• Options

I think the VERY good news is that on the other forum, someone at #180 was told that he would be given membership submitting privileges before the end of 2023. To me, that means most people who had been on the waiting list for a long time should be getting in shortly, and the remainder hopefully not too long after that.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    jerseybenjerseyben Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

@winesteven said:
    I think the VERY good news is that on the other forum, someone at #180 was told that he would be given membership submitting privileges before the end of 2023. To me, that means most people who had been on the waiting list for a long time should be getting in shortly, and the remainder hopefully not too long after that.

Steve

That's just the canned language used in the email that went out to [seemingly] everyone on the wait list.

• Options

We'll see within two months!

My recollection is this guy at around # 180 either spoke with, or received an individualized reply when he contacted CAC about 1-1/2 months ago or so.

Steve

• Options

@winesteven said:
    We'll see within two months!

My recollection is this guy at around # 180 either spoke with, or received an individualized reply when he contacted CAC about 1-1/2 months ago or so.

Steve

Steve that was actually me. I had a phone discussion. I’m calling again to reconfirm since there has not been much movement. Be right back.

• Options

Ok
    Spoke to the same lady as weeks ago. She said they just started letting people in and you give it one more week to call back. She said they aren’t sure how this is going to go but they are going to see. Not sure what that means but she said just give it another week to see movement on the waitlist.

• Options

@johnny010 said:
    Ok
    Spoke to the same lady as weeks ago. She said they just started letting people in and you give it one more week to call back. She said they aren’t sure how this is going to go but they are going to see. Not sure what that means but she said just give it another week to see movement on the waitlist.

Have you sent her a dozen red roses?

• Options

@DisneyFan said:

@johnny010 said:
    Ok

Give me a week ;)

• Options

@DisneyFan said:

@johnny010 said:
    Ok

Maybe he'll send her a dozen red Lincolns!

• Options

Two people just got CAC memberships...I moved from #116 to #114 today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file