Home Precious Metals

Will BRICS replace the dollar as the world's reserve currency?

1789101113»

Comments

• GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UpGrayedd said:
    By end of July Saudi Arabia is expected to announce that it will cease all oil sales in US dollars, marking the end of >the 50-year Petrodollar Pact signed on June 6, 1974, which expires on June 9, 2024.
    A lot has changed in the oil business since 1974. Thanks to the shale revolution the US is now a net exporter of oil, >so why would SA continue the petrodollar agreement (other than we help protect them, but that is another >discussion). While oil may no longer be priced exclusively in US dollars I highly doubt SA will announce completely >severing ties with the US or our dollars, unless they are dumber than I think.

The agreement is irrelevant. If the Saudis want to invest in U.S. financial assets -- they do -- they need dollars, not Yuan or Rubles or Euros.

• GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    As some of us have been trying to tell the dollar diehards, the dollar is dying on the world stage. What that will >mean on the home front is simple - dollar decay. Got dollar insurance?

Since we live in the U.S. and use dollars for day-to-day living, we don't need any. It's useless -- like buying Asteroid Insurance. :D

What's replacing the dollar ? :D

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

A trillion here, a trillion there - sooner or later it adds up to real money.

As some of us have been trying to tell the dollar diehards, the dollar is dying on the world stage. What that will >mean on the home front is simple - dollar decay. Got dollar insurance?

Since we live in the U.S. and use dollars for day-to-day living, we don't need any. It's useless -- like buying Asteroid Insurance. :D

What's replacing the dollar ? :D

The banking cabal wants CBDCs. After seeing what they've already done (and are still doing) to the dollar, why would anyone want anything that the bankers propose?

Unless you're as dumb as a rock, most people realize that CBDCs are a control mechanism on steroids.

End the Fed, and clean up Congress, but that will never happen until something drastic occurs.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • silverman68silverman68 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

In short, NO!!

• SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

54% of world trade is done in dollars 20% in Euros, where does the 59 Brics countries fall? 8 % of trade.

Don't start with Saudi Arabia there is no such signed agreement. To be the Petro dollar. Challenges show it to me, win a coin.

We are the USA 🇺🇸 the biggest boy on the block and we buy all the crap the world makes just to keep the economic merry go round; go round.

In a word No! No! No!
    Stop watching The Soros news network.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

The US is losing big time in major developments with heavy military commitments that engender more resentment than anything around the world. Other major countries are fed up as we export fear and sanction those who don't do as we wish.

I believe in the next year to two the moves away from the US dollar are going to become more and more clear. It's not about one channel or some bias, though I regard most of the msm as so. Major pundits on Rumble are pretty good. Yes the Brics is a big deal as well as how other countries are stacking up their pms.

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said ”Other major countries are fed up as we export fear and sanction those who don't do as we wish.”

We export fear by reacting to exemplary countries like Russia, Iran, and North Korea?

Higashiyama
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Higashiyama said:
    @logger7 said ”Other major countries are fed up as we export fear and sanction those who don't do as we wish.”

We export fear by reacting to exemplary countries like Russia, Iran, and North Korea?

I read a lot on the "conservative" websites and all the folk there say we shouldnt "poke the bear" or "rattle the dragon". Seems those folk are the ones consuming the fear exported by Russia and China.

How did we get so weak?

We can only hope the burden of a reserve currency is lifted off our shoulders, but it aint gonna happen until there is a global regime change.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@Higashiyama said:

I read a lot on the "conservative" websites and all the folk there say we shouldnt "poke the bear" or "rattle the dragon". Seems those folk are the ones consuming the fear exported by Russia and China.

How did we get so weak?

We can only hope the burden of a reserve currency is lifted off our shoulders, but it aint gonna happen until there is a global regime change.

Back when I served in the suck they warned us about this "pepsi" generation. Fast forward 30 years and now we have half the country wanting to kiss Putin's, Un's, Xi's and MBS's backside. That's how we got so weak. The good news is the other half of us are patriots and we will continue to keep this country great. God bless America. SEMPER!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@Higashiyama said:

How did we get so weak?

There was an article in the Atlantic week on how the US's main export is anxiety.

As far as our military goes, in over 120 countries, how has that worked out for us? All the sanctions, pressures and trying to buy influence, export "democracy", how has that worked out? All the countries we've invaded, etc.? Brix and similar compacts are going to change things. We just cannot afford to be the world's policeman.

@logger7 said:

@cohodk said:

@Higashiyama said:

How did we get so weak?

There was an article in the Atlantic week on how the US's main export is anxiety.

As far as our military goes, in over 120 countries, how has that worked out for us? All the sanctions, pressures and trying to buy influence, export "democracy", how has that worked out? All the countries we've invaded, etc.? Brix and similar compacts are going to change things. We just cannot afford to be the world's policeman.

The war mongering politicians AKA stable business geniuses have made out very well. As another fourm member would possibly say: "Stop being so GoSH DaRN weak!" THKS!!

edited June 23, 2024 4:46AM

Back when I served in the suck they warned us about this "pepsi" generation. Fast forward 30 years and now we have half the country wanting to kiss Putin's, Un's, Xi's and MBS's backside. That's how we got so weak

We got weak when the generals started wearing dresses and approving sex change operations at taxpayer expense. That’s why recruitment is way down, but all is well if they and their minions can keep the wars going for their masters in the banking system and the MIC.

I knew it would happen.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2024 5:04AM

@jimski52 ---Unless you are trying to get yourself banned, I suggest that you delete your post. I'd hate to lose you as a fellow forum member. :)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

@jmski52 said:
    Back when I served in the suck they warned us about this "pepsi" generation. Fast forward 30 years and now we have half the country wanting to kiss Putin's, Un's, Xi's and MBS's backside. That's how we got so weak

We got weak when the generals started wearing dresses and approving sex change operations at taxpayer expense. That’s why recruitment is way down, but all is well if they and their minions can keep the wars going for their masters in the banking system and the MIC.

Recruitment is always down when the economy is BOOMIN. Many more opportunities for todays generation. RGDS!

@PerryHall - thanks for the sentiment. I do try to refrain from political discourse, and I note that the forum provocateurs who continually say "we are weak" while invoking commentary on Russia, Iran, North Korea, or "kissing Putin's, Un's, Xi's and MBS's backsides" are the ones who steered the discussion in this direction.

I apologize to the forum for taking their bait.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    @PerryHall - thanks for the sentiment. I do try to refrain from political discourse, and I note that the forum provocateurs who continually say "we are weak" while invoking commentary on Russia, Iran, North Korea, or "kissing Putin's, Un's, Xi's and MBS's backsides" are the ones who steered the discussion in this direction.

I apologize to the forum for taking their bait.

Apologize for taking the bait??? As if you and the other bulgarian aren't the sharks. SMH!

This discussion has been closed.