Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 2023 New York Jets season thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to go ahead and get this puppy started. We're going to follow the Aaron Rodgers Jets saga very closely this season, every game will be covered, every New York media event analyzed, every play scutinized and criticized, every step Rodgers takes, every move he makes, every bond he breaks, I'll be watching him. Welcome to the official 2023 New York Jets season thread!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 10, 2023 3:36AM

I realize Rodgers didn't play in the Hall of Fame game, he hasn't played in a preseason game since 2018. The game drew 6.8 million viewers, which is pretty darn good. But I can't let him slide on it, the Jets were handed a 21-16 loss by the Browns, and Rodgers was photographed on the bench during the game, watching, from the shadows.

• Options

Besides, we all know what happens when a Rodgers hog sees it's shadow, 12 more months of no Super Bowl.

• Options

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD!!!!!!!!!! your back!!! We have missed you. I have been waiting so long for some new ARod material. I will be following this thread very closely. I need to know every minute detail from his first season as a Jet.

PS. I hope the friend you were helping is doing well. Glad you are back

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    DD!!!!!!!!!! your back!!! We have missed you. I have been waiting so long for some new ARod material. I will be following this thread very closely. I need to know every minute detail from his first season as a Jet.

PS. I hope the friend you were helping is doing well. Glad you are back

Yes, thank you buddy, my friend is doing much better and he has a nurse that stops by and assists him everyday, so I am back and looking forward to many Aaron Rodgers jokes and memes, there should be plenty of material to keep us entertained throughout the season!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Patriots fan, I will believe the Jets are going to be good only when I see it, and I do not expect to see it. Until proven otherwise, they are a terrible organization.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    As a Patriots fan, I will believe the Jets are going to be good only when I see it, and I do not expect to see it. Until proven otherwise, they are a terrible organization.

Aaron Rodgers is past it, he's an old man, he's ancient. I mean, just look at this photo of him taken in the 1800s, they didn't even have color photography back then.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2023 10:56AM

This is exciting to me, I recently figured out how to do screenshots on my phone. I will be using this feature a lot from here on.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

Yes indeed, Rodgers watching the Super Bowl from the stands, that sounds tasty, I'll have that. And it's also important to remember.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Aaron Rodgers is past it, he's an old man, he's ancient. I mean, just look at this photo of him taken in the 1800s, they didn't even have color photography back then.

that is a man who looks like he may have been at the OK corral that fateful day.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

that is a man who looks like he may have been at the OK corral that fateful day.

Yes, and it's fascinating that his old west style hasn't changed since the 1800s.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Yes, and it's fascinating that his old west style hasn't changed since the 1800s.

I knew it!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

I knew it!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, and I fully intend on updating this thread as much as possible, I want to know everything Rodgers is doing, all the time. If he sneezes, I'm on it!

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

They are terrible at drafting QBs no doubt. But if they had even average QB play last year they would have been in the playoffs and probably won the division. Their QBs passed for 15 TDs and 14 INTs and they still won 7 games. They had 7 games passing under a 190 yards and even 2 games passing for under 100 which is basically impossible to do in today's NFL

If Rodgers is even just average or competent they should be fighting Buffalo for the division and make the playoffs

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

If Rodgers is even just average or competent they should be fighting Buffalo for the division and make the playoffs

🤢 🤮

• Options

My Panthers play the Jets today, I know it's only preseason , but I'll get a little look at Bryce Young, see what we got. I wish Rodgers was playing, I want a piece of him so bad I can taste it!

• Options

• Options
    edited August 12, 2023 5:03AM

@thisistheshow said:

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

🤢 🤮

I'm thinking the Jets or Fins win the division, I think Buffalo takes a step back this season

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

They are terrible at drafting QBs no doubt. But if they had even average QB play last year they would have been in the playoffs and probably won the division. Their QBs passed for 15 TDs and 14 INTs and they still won 7 games. They had 7 games passing under a 190 yards and even 2 games passing for under 100 which is basically impossible to do in today's NFL

Yep

• Options

My Panthers are losing 13-0 to the Jets in the 3rd quarter, freaking embarrassing. I hate them, I hate them!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    My Panthers are losing 13-0 to the Jets in the 3rd quarter, freaking embarrassing. I hate them, I hate them!

Just pre-seaeon....🤷

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Just pre-seaeon....🤷

It's 20-0 now, I'm done with this team, DONE!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fehVEfpdvgo&pp=ygUeT2xkIG1hbiBwYW50aGVycyBmYW4gYnJlYWtzIHR2

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

🤢 🤮

I'm thinking the Jets or Fins win the division, I think Buffalo takes a step back this season

My problem with the Fins is just I have no faith in Tuas ability to stay healthy. He couldnt stay healthy in college and hasnt stayed healthy or played a full NFL season. Now we also have some serious concussion issues to go along with some major surgeries in the past. If he can stay healthy I expect them to be in the mix, I just dont think he will stay healthy

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

🤢 🤮

My problem with the Fins is just I have no faith in Tuas ability to stay healthy. He couldnt stay healthy in college and hasnt stayed healthy or played a full NFL season. Now we also have some serious concussion issues to go along with some major surgeries in the past. If he can stay healthy I expect them to be in the mix, I just dont think he will stay healthy

That is definitely the million dollar question.

One concussion could shut him down for good

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

🤢 🤮

That is definitely the million dollar question.

One concussion could shut him down for good

I know its hard to walk away from the money and competition, but he should probably be strongly considering retirement at this point.

• Options

We lost 27-0, to the Jets. Damn you Cam Newton, damn you!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

I know that Cam Newton had his own way of dressing, but as far as I know that is not Cam in that picture.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I know that Cam Newton had his own way of dressing, but as far as I know that is not Cam in that picture.

No comment, no comment at this time!

• Options

Damn you Cam Newton!

• Options

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2023 12:07AM

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Basebal21 said:

@thisistheshow said:

🤢 🤮

Buffalo didn’t stand still in the off season. When Von Miller returns and the addition of Leonard Floyd as bookends-will be a top 10 again and Tre White completely healthy again along with Hyde. Remember the D had 5 starters out last year and still was the #2 scoring defense.
    The receiving corp is deep and any cuts will be scooped up immediately.
    Bills go 5-1 in Division and win it by 2 games. Bank it.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2023 3:26AM

And here we go, it appears that the Jets signing Aaron Rodgers has lit a fire under Zach Wilson's a.. the young quarterback is fighting for his job. Wilson has all of a sudden started performing well in his preseason games, and some fans are calling for Aaron Rodgers to be the second string quarterback.

• Options

Remember what Zach Wilson said when he found out the Jets were signing Rodgers.

• Options

Of course, there's only one real way for Aaron Rodgers and Zach Wilson to settle their differences.

• Options

We have some breaking news here, Dalvin Cook has signed a 1-year deal with the Jets worth up to $8.6 million.

• Options

Jets will probably win the AFC East

• Options

@perkdog said:

🤢🤮

Might as well bring back Rex Ryan as honorary coach if that happens.

What happened to my Patriots?

I still think that it is more likely that the Jets find a way to implode and that the Bills take the division.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

🤢🤮

I still think that it is more likely that the Jets find a way to implode and that the Bills take the division.

They are my Patriots too lol

It is what it is, Belichick doesn't have Brady any more and the players we have are not going to compete for the division, just stating facts

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

🤢🤮

It is what it is, Belichick doesn't have Brady any more and the players we have are not going to compete for the division, just stating facts

I know, I know, just facts, but still...they sicken me. We can't have the Jets dancing up and down the field at Gillette, and we can't have the Bills fans throwing d****** onto the field at our players at the end of a victory up in Buffalo. This stuff is unacceptable. We need to turn this around, asap!! 💪💪👊👊🏈🏈🤞🤞

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

🤢🤮

I know, I know, just facts, but still...they sicken me. We can't have the Jets dancing up and down the field at Gillette, and we can't have the Bills fans throwing d****** onto the field at our players at the end of a victory up in Buffalo. This stuff is unacceptable. We need to turn this around, asap!! 💪💪👊👊🏈🏈🤞🤞

Now look, you're getting yourself all worked up over nothing, don't worry about the Jets, Aaron Rodgers is 100 years old. Here you go, some food for thought.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only one team in recent years succeeded in buying a Super Bowl. Let’s see how things work before we send the Lombardi Trophy to New Jersey.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Only one team in recent years succeeded in buying a Super Bowl. Let’s see how things work before we send the Lombardi Trophy to New Jersey.

I dont think anyones calling them SB champs, but if their defense is even close to last year and they now have what should be at least a competent offense they should be in the discussion. Rodgers could do half of what he did last year and he still would have been the Jets best QB last season

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Aaron Rodgers throws unreal touchdown in Jets’ preseason win"
    "The 39-year-old went 5-for-8 for 47 yards and that one touchdown pass in his brief appearance."
    New York Post

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    "The 39-year-old went 5-for-8 for 47 yards and that one touchdown pass in his brief appearance."
    New York Post

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    New York Post

Hopefully he makes right to.the AFC championship game and throws a game ending interception in the end zone as time expires and loses by 5

• Options

Don't look now but someone's got the Bills tonight, good luck Rodgers.

• Options
    edited September 11, 2023 1:37PM

No, no, now come on, I'm being serious, I wish Aaron Rodgers good luck against the Bills tonight.