Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pure Technologies <> App Update 1.1 Improved Toning Analysis & Pricing

1235»

Comments

• Options
    treybenedicttreybenedict Posts: 373 ✭✭✭

We updated the number of sales in the app by 1.25x. Outliers should be pre-processed for estimates.

PM for any questions relating to support, bad info etc, Thanks everyone!

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems awesome. But until it's on android.... :'(

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

@privatecoin said:
    Seems awesome. But until it's on android.... :'(

:( I'm sorry. Web versioning is coming super soon. We are working weekends to get it done!

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2023 6:11PM

@treybenedict said:

@johnny010 said:

@treybenedict said:
    Update 1.1 is Live! Update on the app store here

Features include:
    • Dual Sided Toning Analysis (Obverse/Reverse segmented and ran independently)
    • Toning score is now tappable to use in both Letter Grades and Number Scores.
    • Dropdown for all grades in all sales to quickly query another grade of a coin.

Bug fixes:
    • NGC Matching Error
    • Improved Matrix Scan
    • Updated No Data Icons
    • Updated Sales Data (Not all are fixed)

New Countries Added:
    Australia
    New Zealand

More improvements and updates coming soon!

So I’ve tried but can’t get a toning score because the TPG called it cleaned?

Was hoping the engine would scan the image and give me feedback irrespective of what the TPG said?

We are still gathering more data as to the AT/QC analysis. In a further update, we will push this!

It seems it would be useful to get toning score on Genuine coins that aren’t QC.

• Options

@Zoins said:

@treybenedict said:

@johnny010 said:

@treybenedict said:
    Update 1.1 is Live! Update on the app store here

Features include:
    • Dropdown for all grades in all sales to quickly query another grade of a coin.

Bug fixes:
    • NGC Matching Error
    • Improved Matrix Scan
    • Updated No Data Icons
    • Updated Sales Data (Not all are fixed)

New Countries Added:
    Australia
    New Zealand

So I’ve tried but can’t get a toning score because the TPG called it cleaned?

Was hoping the engine would scan the image and give me feedback irrespective of what the TPG said?

We are still gathering more data as to the AT/QC analysis. In a further update, we will push this!

It seems it would be useful to get toning score on Genuine coins that aren’t QC.

This is done on purpose. It detects them and changes the setting to allow toning analysis.

Which coin were you trying to run?

• Options

Experimenting with Layouts for Export Toning Analysis to a simple report.

Would love to see other mockups and help here as I know some of you guys have helped in the past!

@yosclimber I liked your initial idea, but was too small of text for a layer over trueviews.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2023 1:40PM

@treybenedict said:

Would love to see other mockups and help here as I know some of you guys have helped in the past!

@yosclimber I liked your initial idea, but was too small of text for a layer over trueviews.

If the Toning Grade is only for the obverse, this looks good.

If the toning grade includes the reverse, it would be useful to include photos of both sides.

The dinosaur image is a bit strange, as it seems to indicate the coin is extinct? Monster or Moose seem to be more common coin descriptors that may be more relevant.

• Options

@Zoins said:

@treybenedict said:

If the Toning Grade is only for the obverse, this looks good.

If the toning grade includes the reverse, it would be useful to include photos of both sides.

The dinosaur image is a bit strange, as it seems to indicate the coin is extinct? Monster or Moose seem to be more common coin descriptors that may be more relevant.

This is an obverse segment only. Dinosaur for Monster! Sadly there is not monster emoji. Moose maybe... Let me check my emoji keyboard.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2023 6:11PM

I like this layout for export. ;)

Same aspect ratio as TrueViews and PhotoVision.
    Nice and neat to upload the TV followed by this layout.
    It works well on Instagram when you keep the same aspect ratio.
    The Obverse & Reverse buttons on the left should be smaller so the pure logo can be much larger.

The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties - Ends July 7th! :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options

@keyman64 said:
    I like this layout for export. ;)

Same aspect ratio as TrueViews and PhotoVision.
    Nice and neat to upload the TV followed by this layout.
    It works well on Instagram when you keep the same aspect ratio.
    The Obverse & Reverse buttons on the left should be smaller so the pure logo can be much larger.

Thanks! Looks interesting. There's a couple more people who PM'd me designs but would love to see them public facing so we can get an idea of what everyone likes.

• Options
    edited July 3, 2023 2:20PM

Hey all - Don't want to leave you guys out, but we are giving away a CACG sample slab in honor of adding CACG support on july 10th - its on IG here

Best of Luck!

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@treybenedict said:
    Update 1.1 coming out on Monday.

Features include:
    • Drop down for all grades in all sales to quickly query another grade of a coin.

Bug fixes:
    • NGC Matching Error
    • Improved Matrix Scan
    • Updated No Data Icons

New Countries Added:
    Australia
    New Zealand

Would like to see something I can use on my tower computer than a phone. Easier on the eyes. Also would like to see this on an Android app. Seems interesting but it doesn't do me any good right now if it's only Apple based.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options

@Elcontador said:

@treybenedict said:
    Update 1.1 coming out on Monday.

Features include:
    • Drop down for all grades in all sales to quickly query another grade of a coin.

Bug fixes:
    • NGC Matching Error
    • Improved Matrix Scan
    • Updated No Data Icons

New Countries Added:
    Australia
    New Zealand

Would like to see something I can use on my tower computer than a phone. Easier on the eyes. Also would like to see this on an Android app. Seems interesting but it doesn't do me any good right now if it's only Apple based.

Web-version we are working hard to get out. Apologies its iOS only for now.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trey have the contest here as well. I dont use IG and don't care much for social media. Waiting for the android version myself

Can somebody try running this coin in the app. The slab number is different now. I'm wondering if it will work.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    Trey have the contest here as well. I dont use IG and don't care much for social media. Waiting for the android version myself

Can somebody try running this coin in the app. The slab number is different now. I'm wondering if it will work.

Photovision is coming in the next update!

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking at auction results for a common Morgan dollar and then saw this one sold for multiples of the others:

https://legendauctions.hibid.com/lot/154768836

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2023 9:40PM

@treybenedict said:
    Hey all - Don't want to leave you guys out, but we are giving away a CACG sample slab in honor of adding CACG support on july 10th - its on IG here

Best of Luck!

"To enter:
    2) download collect pure: scan rare coins on the iOS App Store (link in bio)"

Leaves us NON-ios users up the (battle) creek without a paddle, but, good luck anyways.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 considering that an untoned example would be around $175 that toned example went pretty cheaply.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    @logger7 considering that an untoned example would be around $175 that toned example went pretty cheaply.

This was the description from Legend, also surprised it did not go for more:

"A borderline GEM and beautifully toned example. The obverse is covered with an array of multicolored toning, glorious blues, golds, oranges, and purples really pop out in a light. We rate the color an 8.5 on our color scale. Sharply struck devices stand out boldly and the luster is fully brilliant from intense cartwheels to semi-Prooflike reflection. The eye appeal is truly very high end and this GEM is worthy of a very strong bid; we sold a comparable example in our December 2021 Regency Auction for $1,410."

• Options

@Bochiman said:

@treybenedict said:

Best of Luck!

"To enter:
    2) download collect pure: scan rare coins on the iOS App Store (link in bio)"

Leaves us NON-ios users up the (battle) creek without a paddle, but, good luck anyways.

You can repost on your story for an entry!

• Options

I will be at Summer FUN this week if anyone wants to chat :)

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2023 6:36PM

@treybenedict said:
    This is an obverse segment only. Dinosaur for Monster! Sadly there is not monster emoji. Moose maybe... Let me check my emoji keyboard.

👹

Ok maybe a little too creepy.. :D

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file