Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pure Technologies <> Utilizing Computer Vision + Machine Learning for Natural & Artificial Toning

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@treybenedict said:
    Also side note - I’ll be at Long Beach Thursday & Friday to talk about the model, theory and any other details that anyone wants to ask.

Also will have goodies for anyone who finds me :)

Are you going to have a booth?

Mr_Spud

• Options
    treybenedicttreybenedict Posts: 373 ✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:

@treybenedict said:
    Also side note - I’ll be at Long Beach Thursday & Friday to talk about the model, theory and any other details that anyone wants to ask.

No, I'll be walking the floor likely. Thursday-Friday. I'll have a booth at Summer FUN & ANA.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bay State coin show July 28 and 29. Good place to meet you. 😀

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    split37split37 Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭

Can you run these through your program? Peace dollars tone much less intensely than Morgans. I believe having them compared on the same scale may be skewed. It may serve well to have a rating system per the series and not compared with ALL series.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@treybenedict said:

@Mr_Spud said:

@treybenedict said:

No, I'll be walking the floor likely. Thursday-Friday. I'll have a booth at Summer FUN & ANA.

I’ll be at both, Summer FUN and ANA. I’m looking forward to it.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

@split37 said:

Can you run these through your program? Peace dollars tone much less intensely than Morgans. I believe having them compared on the same scale may be skewed. It may serve well to have a rating system per the series and not compared with ALL series.

Yes, I will run everyone's after the app is released. I have been super busy with development and fixing bugs :)

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    Bay State coin show July 28 and 29. Good place to meet you. 😀

Sadly a bit far for me. I'll be in Pittsburgh and would love to chat during the ANA.

• Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it only work with true views?

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would people scanning Trueviews using your app help your algorithm become more accurate in predicting what graders would think because it can look up the cert number? I’m thinking that might be a good thing. Also with computer grading.

Mr_Spud

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@150K said:
    Does it only work with true views?

Yes.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    silviosisilviosi Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2023 10:29PM

@ treybenedict

Very interesting study project. I put your study from the point of view of humans. You use in your study RGB spectrum mainly for silver toning. This spectrum is base on saturate colors and the humans perceive non-saturated color on the scale of 390 to 750 nm and can not see infrared and UV spectrum.

So due to above considerent how your algorithm will can calculate the eye appeal? Then the toning is direct proportional with the environment (in this case the Ag 900) so how the soft will decide if was naturally or manufactured? Do you guys there can resume to analyzes of 390 to 750 nm unsaturated colors?

Maybe you will find hard my questions, I know. But as a person with many academic studies I put questions which can open others doors to the perfection.

All my best: Silvio

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. MARK TWAIN

• Options

@Mr_Spud said:
    Would people scanning Trueviews using your app help your algorithm become more accurate in predicting what graders would think because it can look up the cert number? I’m thinking that might be a good thing. Also with computer grading.

I used trueviews initially due to their consistency and formatting. I do think it could help the TPG’s in certain ways. However that is up for them to decide.

I hope to make this more adaptable to external images soon - more on this in a new thread today.

• Options

@silviosi said:

@ treybenedict

Very interesting study project. I put your study from the point of view of humans. You use in your study RGB spectrum mainly for silver toning. This spectrum is base on saturate colors and the humans perceive non-saturated color on the scale of 390 to 750 nm and can not see infrared and UV spectrum.

So due to above considerent how your algorithm will can calculate the eye appeal? Then the toning is direct proportional with the environment (in this case the Ag 900) so how the soft will decide if was naturally or manufactured? Do you guys there can resume to analyzes of 390 to 750 nm unsaturated colors?

Maybe you will find hard my questions, I know. But as a person with many academic studies I put questions which can open others doors to the perfection.

All my best: Silvio

If I understand this correctly, I based the analysis off saturated visible light colors. Infrared & UV are likely not detectable given the image quality and conditions available (since the photos were meant to capture eye appeal).

I can breakdown RGB into wavelength patterns, which I think is very interesting as well. Thankfully cv2 is powerful enough to do this with just enough memory on our upgraded servers.

The basis of NT/AT/QC is on previous training data that was gathered, and then predicted for the new image using a CNN.

• Options

As I say: This project it is very interesting. Breakdown into waves pattern I think will help you at the best. 20 years ago I was mad again the info guys because I can not see the spectrum on radio-oncology cellular radio. In time was not this day technology. I think CNN is the best for the moment and I hope better will come and you will adjust.

Me I find it is a great, brilliant concept.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. MARK TWAIN

• Options

@silviosi said:
    As I say: This project it is very interesting. Breakdown into waves pattern I think will help you at the best. 20 years ago I was mad again the info guys because I can not see the spectrum on radio-oncology cellular radio. In time was not this day technology. I think CNN is the best for the moment and I hope better will come and you will adjust.

Me I find it is a great, brilliant concept.

Thank you sir :) Appreciate your kind words.

• Options
    edited June 17, 2023 12:11AM

PS of my above post: The human body recognize 350 to 750 nm wavelength. Some studies say the find 780 max. on some brain sensors. Starting with this hypothesis, we will be able to recognize everything on those limits.

I will look forward for your achievement and development. this study will be good also in medical field.

Silvio

• Options

Any updates?

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    Any updates?

We use IG as updating announcements. Web is almost complete! With a few more cool tools.

• Options

No IG here.

• Options

Is there an android app available yet?

• Options
    bretsanbretsan Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

These are a few Morgans from my collection. I look forward to your app and woudl love to see the results for these coins:

• Options

@bretsan said:
    These are a few Morgans from my collection. I look forward to your app and woudl love to see the results for these coins:

Hey sweet morgan run there :)
    I attached the results: P.S. the app is live on the app store here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/collect-pure-scan-rare-coins/id6446706268

• Options

@treybenedict is the android version available yet?

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    @treybenedict is the android version available yet?

Web is on the final patches. Android soon after.

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trey
    Can we get the version that shows if the coin toned naturally?

• Options
    bretsanbretsan Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

Wow, your app is awesome. Thanks for analyzing my coins. I’m going to try out some others.

• Options

@bretsan said:
    Wow, your app is awesome. Thanks for analyzing my coins. I’m going to try out some others.

Thanks! Happy to share with you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file