Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Giveaway — paid my debt

FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway - made bail

I do not think that CU Moderators are unfair. I broke the rules three times. My comments were subtle, not egregious, however, defined in the rules. I write posts in a text editor and then copy and paste to the thread. In all three cases, I hurried and posted from the thread. Our masters are fair.

The funny thing is, I follow rules with a compulsion.

After three violations, I am fortunate to remain. I use the references, I search the answers to most of my questions, so if I cannot post it’s not important to the forum.

I do like having coin buddies here. Thanks, you guys who messaged, we will raise a glass.

It is not reasonable for me to suggest creating a Recidivism Badge; nor to suggest a Get Out Of Jail Free card (transferable) for perfect citizens like Fred, Ricko, JBK, Mark, and D. Dan.

Anyhow, all can enter with a post. Don’t be shy if you are an upper echelon collector, give it to a kid or something, no one will think that you are greedy if you don’t need it. Inform the guys who block me that they can post too. Moderator, you too can reap.

The gift is superlative—the lowest mintage Lincoln cent, in our favorite wrapper with a decent grade.

I will draw the names of the folk who post before 8:00 A.M. Eastern time Saturday May 20. Please allow me the weekend to cut the little papers and choose.

If you can make a pun about crime with a numismatic term, I enter your name twice.
Example: My shame is doubled, I could just die.

Comments

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity! I cant think of a crime-numismatic pun, but I'm sure something will strike me... :smile:

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many people lack (un)common cents.

I'm one of them. Thanks for the chance!

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2023 7:10AM

Welcome back into polite society! 🤔 :D

I'm glad your sentence wasn't doubled for having multiple strikes against you.

It must have been tough in solitary, sleeping on a cement slab for a bed. :/

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is numismatic jail still funded by the taxpayer’s dime?

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in :)

1997-Present

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back!

Sometimes in my haste I tend to clash with authority, and then I occasionally crack after realizing my mistake

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be a serious error for me to to act like a mule, so please reed (sic.) this post with some empathy for my admittedly off-center views.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

That strike is hammered. Kind of like you got when you realized you were in the CU sl(h)ammer.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should never be in-cents by what the mods do.

I've been spanked twice, both harshly, both deservedly, over the years.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was investigating coin counterfeiting, when a 'pattern' appeared. Many appeared to be of 'debased' metal, and a few anepigraphic coins were found. Some appeared to be 'error' copies.
    Thanks for the chance, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Fraz, did you ever find out who dropped a dime on you, that led to the collar?

Oh, well, at least you seem to be at Peace with the experience.

That's worth 3 entries! Well done.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome back!
    Thanks for the chance!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

My impressions of coin designs are etched on the exergue of my mind.
    This is a fun contest! Thanks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to have ya back!
    Thanks 4 the chance.
    ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 295 ✭✭✭

In! thx

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I guess your 2 Cents got you some Broad Strikes against you. At least you are at Liberty again to post. Please count me in!

• Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

in please ...

Is PCGS jail similar to social media jail or is there a monetary impact?

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options

@JBK said:
    Fraz, did you ever find out who dropped a dime on you, that led to the collar?

Oh, well, at least you seem to be at Peace with the experience.

It’s good to be back in circulation.

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Good to have ya back!
    Thanks 4 the chance.
    ;)

Uh oh, You other guys are gonna lose.

• Options

@bsshog40 said:
    Well I guess your 2 Cents got you some Broad Strikes against you. At least you are at Liberty again to post. Please count me in!

Strike three and I’m through.

• Options
    blaircountycoinblaircountycoin Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

No offense, but I am in.

• Options
    mattnissmattniss Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you consider yourself, a restored parking lot find? :D
    Welcome back to the fold.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you MINT to follow the rules, but it probably made CENTS at the time.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2023 9:43AM

Thanks for the chance.

I’m glad that the ‘Fraz business strike’ was not discontinued and will continue to be minted. 👍😉

I would hate to see you become a commemorative. lol

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

What? LOL

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back.. Thanks for the chance.. and it didn't cost you a CENT :#

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... you are back. 'Proof' that your transgressions were not permanent. Just don't do a 'restrike'.

----- kj
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance!

----- kj
  • Options
    ShurkeShurke Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Even though they clipped your wings for a bit, I’m glad the mods reversed course and let you out.

Congrats, and thanks for the opportunity!

• Options
    PapiNEPapiNE Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Phew! I feared you had been drawn and quartered. Welcome back!

USAF veteran 1984-2005

• Options
    Dug13Dug13 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Glad your back, just my 2¢ worth.

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

• Options

@MFeld said:
    Reposted, since I tried an edit and my original post disappeared.

Based on your behavior, If I were the moderator, before letting you out of jail, I would…

grab you by the collar, then tilt and rotate you under an incandescent lamp, as I interrogated you. As part of the interrogation, I’d ask for proof of your having made amends for your errors. I’d also require you to count out loud from 1 to 70, and if your turnaround time for the exercise was fast enough, I’d consider giving you a plus grade or a star for your efforts. Lastly, I’d give some thought as to whether you should be upgraded to full forum member status or reconsidered later, instead.

Ha, ha! I promise that I will change.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need that coin.

I would just "die" to have it.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

Rarer than a 1909-S VDB!

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have all been chastised at one point or another. Welcome back.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see you back, can't wait to hear your opinions and your 2 cents..........

• Options

@alaura22 said:
    Glad to see you back, can't wait to hear your opinions and your 2 cents..........

You want me behind bars again?

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you got parole.With my best Aussie accent, " In this die and trime, it is centsless to be penniless."
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been there in PCGS jail. :#
    Include me for a chance to win your generous giveaway. :)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back 🙏

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I'm in" to chasing a pretty penny......

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw the bars and wondered what I missed.
    Glad you didn't push it too far and get banned. ;)
    You are in good company, lots of us have spent time in the forum jail.

Not an entry.

• Options
    HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I was in jail. Now I am out on probation. Feels good maybe I have a chance.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

A numismatic type crime… initially I drew a blank. Three strikes and you’re out for an error. I shouldn’t get time for just clipping it. I’ll die before I’m hammered, though, because my mugshot would be off-center. I didn’t see the infractions so I suppose there was some variety to them? Your edge may be plain but don’t get too upset at things.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file