Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Under, Over or Correct. $10 Gold Indian.

ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

In hand a very attractive piece with nice color. Hoping the photos can convey it on your computer screen. Fire away good or bad.

1926 MS64 CAC graded by NGC.

Comments

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it! Looks close to or at 65 level. If you posted as a GTG, I would have said 65. Of course, we cannot see what is going on with the cheek and chin. Still, that is a clean coin with terrific color!

Tom

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

64 is right on, I couldn’t see this in a 65 holder and it’s not a 63. Rev is particularly nice

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a very nice example with pleasing color. There are too many small marks on the face to consider going for a upgrade. For an MS-64, this is about as good as it gets.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s my 64cac. I like my obverse better but your reverse is cleaner, I think yours is a strong 64.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it a lot!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very upper-end 64.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice 64. I like the color. 1926 is underrated. Although a common date, less than 1/3rd as many 1926 CAC'd in 64 vs 1932. In 65 these get tough.

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like it.. would be satisfied with a 64. Wouldn't suspect it would end up a 65 but who knows?? Never can be sure with pictures but I think it is better than 63.

Mark

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

I think NGC, CAC, and everyone here got it right.
    It's a beauty!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want !!
    Stunning colour.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very pretty coin. And your photos are nice also! Thanks for posting..

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2023 4:31PM

Very nice example!!

A lot of $10 Indians have surface abrasions. Yours looks rather clean and smooth!

MS 64+!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    justindanjustindan Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking Indian and solid 64!

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the comments. To many little ticks on the obverse for a gem grade. I am very pleased with the originality and color. The reverse I might say is stunning!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

The reverse is truly stunning! You are a very lucky owner of a beautiful Indian.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice luster, nice color, maybe a few too many micro luster breaks and minor scruffies to go Gem, but a nice 64 from what I can see.

Some of my friends and I have a saying when we see something the other has that we like, as way of a compliment,

"How much?"

;):)

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's nicer than a lot of 65s out there from those pics. I'd feel great buying that in a 64 holder the nick by the eye probably keeps it at a 64+ for me but really no other complaints great coin.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ironmanl63 ... A very nice gold Eagle... deserving of the grade. Will not make a 65, but that reverse is really good. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file