Home U.S. Coin Forum

Two pairs of DOGs, one in matching OGHs and the other...

RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

First the newp:

Now the pairings:

Comments

• ms71ms71 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paired, maybe, but your dog be looking askance at the situation.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking trio of dogs, maybe submit the third to CAC for consideration?

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the 39-D - what a great looking example in a nice holder. That face would be hard to say no to, but I would have guessed you to have a running dog.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dog approved 🐾

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice DOGS!

Both the Southern gold and the canine varieties! ;)

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice piece!

I also do like the pooch! The original coin sniffer!!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent! 👍

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha! The older one (I think) seems to be looking at you saying "really, these are not my treats. You know I want my treats." ... while the second one seems to be giving you the side stink-eye, saying "no, much different types of DOGS silly. Those are inanimate objects for Gods sakes!"

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 9:16PM

Wonderful coins. The four-legged DOG is nice too. Good to see you here. :)

• habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love all 4 DOGS.................

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RYK .... Good to see you back... Nice DOG's... All three... Cheers, RickO

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

The date and MM are so crude that it makes the coin very appealing. Congrats!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • anablepanablep Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins, but the dog is giving you side-eye... watch out!

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

now you need 40-d in same grade/holder for a nice little short 3 coin set

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rest assured... the rare coin market is not going to the dogs...

Seriously nice coins... there is something to be said for commerce and the time those coins spent achieving the dreams for those fortunate to have spent them.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

@LJenkins11 said:

Do they put the sticker on the kennel or directly on the dog?

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bagofnickels said:

@LJenkins11 said:

Do they put the sticker on the kennel or directly on the dog?

We love our dogs, but they are mutts and probably would not sticker. I could not stand to send them away for weeks-months anyway.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back RYK.

Ps. You were my write in vote for the Coin World 100 most influential people.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Four beauties!! I love dogs too, but at least the $5 gold wont stain your carpet... ;)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • ParadimeCoinsParadimeCoins Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

@RYK said:
    First the newp:

Now the pairings:

stunning!

ParadimeCoins.com PCGS NGC CAC InventorySign up for our exclusive NEWPs mailing list - Subscribe

• ReeceReece Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Hello RYK nice coins! Buy the way I am selling the balance of my New Orleans gold collection thru Great Collections
    in the next 60 days. I still have remember the great time we met in the LA area and talked coins, way back about 15 years ago.

RWK
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Reece said:
    Hello RYK nice coins! Buy the way I am selling the balance of my New Orleans gold collection thru Great Collections
    in the next 60 days. I still have remember the great time we met in the LA area and talked coins, way back about 15 years ago.

Howdy, Reece! Great to see you here. I remember well our meeting in LA (restaurant just off the beach, IIRC). Good luck with your sale. I will keep an eye out for it. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file