Options

March 2023 Pick-Ups

124»

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@halosfan said:
    So over the moon happy
    I randomly came across a post on Facebook a while ago of a collector sharing his sub results. In it was a card not being highlighted. I messaged him and after a bit we agreed on a price. He was willing to work with me on time so I listed a bunch of cards on eBay to raise funds. A bit more than a month later this is on its way to its forever home in time for opening day!!

Huge card (serial numbered 8/20) for this huge Halos fan

WOWZERS!!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Awsome!!!!!!

• Options

That is some major heat there, HF. Beautiful pick-up.

@halosfan said:
    So over the moon happy
    I randomly came across a post on Facebook a while ago of a collector sharing his sub results. In it was a card not being highlighted. I messaged him and after a bit we agreed on a price. He was willing to work with me on time so I listed a bunch of cards on eBay to raise funds. A bit more than a month later this is on its way to its forever home in time for opening day!!

Huge card (serial numbered 8/20) for this huge Halos fan

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PastaBoy said:
    My first Griffey Jr.

(haven't replaced dead scanner, using phone for now so pic not great)

Once you start with Jr you can’t stop. I’m telling you from experience. 😀

Nice card!

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    Took me 3 years of negotiating with the original owners family to bring this one home. Very happy to add this one. Best centered,colorful, corners and large bordered Cobb I’ve ever found. This one is new to the hobby and super fresh. PC for life!!! .

Yowza!!!!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    Took me 3 years of negotiating with the original owners family to bring this one home. Very happy to add this one. Best centered,colorful, corners and large bordered Cobb I’ve ever found. This one is new to the hobby and super fresh. PC for life!!! .

Absolutely beautiful. Can we see the back?

Brian

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

wow! Beautiful Cobb!

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2023 3:28PM

Handyman…

Is this card from the Black Swamp Find? Absolutely stunning card…congrats!!!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2023 2:25AM

Closes out the loop from earlier in the month…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Black Swamp Find were candy cards, E 98. The Cobb card looks to be a tobacco card, T 206.

• Options
    SlipCSlipC Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Amazing Cobb!

It's been a long, long time!
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love all of the new pickups, and love the 3 year journey. I can't be sure about the specifics of the 3 year journey but I would assume being patient and polite along the way helped complete the transaction.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:

Wow, incredible find. Any plans to get it graded?