Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March 2023 Pick-Ups

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PastaBoy said:
    Since already been posted here, I got a nice surprise today with the Throwback Star Wars set...instead of 3 cards, there were 5!

Base #11, SP #11, and 9/10 #11

Anybody who's been buying from Topps.com knows this is a major score!!! Normally ya just get "one" SP

Mike
  • Options

Since there's a team name change, I picked this up from a friend - Jon Richmond - jonstats.

Mike
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭

That's a hella 2.5! Nice card!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭

That's a great looking Aaron card.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoTigers said:

Love love LOVE that card, congrats! I own 2 graded Foxx cards and dream all the time about taking on his master set.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Happytrails ......that is my favorite Judge pose on his 1st MLB season RC (non XRC).... really nice low pop. auto you found.... was it PWCC? ~I have quite a few Judges but not this one....love it.

• Options

@ScoobyDoo2 ~ yes it is.... thanks much. Topps Chrome Update is always my first choice for RC's generally along with Topps Heritage .... XRC wise I aim for 1st Bowman Chrome's. You have an amazing Judge thread as well... stuff I haven't seen anywhere. This was a big get for me... I'll be done for a while :)

• Options
    Morpheus1967Morpheus1967 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2023 12:58PM

@Stone193 said:
    I don't buy cards much so I wasn't aware that cards went to eBay before shipping to me.

So, this is the way it came - well packed and with a nice holder...

Where's the dough coming for this?

I throw the holders right in the trash. They take up too much space. And it didn't come from eBay that way, it came from the authenticator that way.

• Options

And it didn't come from eBay that way, it came from the authenticator that way.

Who's paying the authenticator? I would guess eBay?

This has to do with mitigation of the Money Back Guarantee?

Mike
  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

And it didn't come from eBay that way, it came from the authenticator that way.

Who's paying the authenticator? I would guess eBay?

This has to do with mitigation of the Money Back Guarantee?

Eventually it's going to be an optional service.
    PSA was the company chosen to authenticate graded cards for ebay. Some other company was doing raw cards. I haven't looked into it in almost a year. I didn't like having my cards go to a 3rd party

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭

Great looking card

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

The colors and focus of the pic on that Aaron card is amazing!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Browns1981 said:
    1951 Bowman Otto Graham

Pretty cool... :)

• Options

@KendallCat said:
    Picked up a pair of 68 Rookies at auction this weekend. Missed on the same exact Bench last year after the National while traveling back home, and was not going to miss on it this time around.

Really nice Bench, Keith!

There's a really nice article with interview in Beckett Vintage Collector on Bench. I learned a lot. I knew he had a great career.

But - wow - 17 yrs: 2 WS titles, 2 MVPs, 1 WS MVP, 10 gold gloves, 14 AS games, ROY '68, 389 HRs, 2000 hits!!!!

Mike
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    Picked up a pair of 68 Rookies at auction this weekend. Missed on the same exact Bench last year after the National while traveling back home, and was not going to miss on it this time around.

Really nice Ryan for the grade - congrats!

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a Ryan rookie that's a PSA 7 a while back. While it's not my most valuable card it might be my favorite card I own.

Congratulations.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:
    just delivered. love the retro 1984 design.

That's Pretty Sweet... B)

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:
    Only 1 graded! Checked the top 4 graders and this one was it. (Sorry PSA)
    Ok, I paid too much, but it had my favorite penguin growing up, Ron Cey, and it has a lot of meaning and back story, so I had to have it for the PC.
    Card is actually for Japanese HOFer Tsuneo Horiuchi and teammate of legendary Sadaharu Oh of the Yomiuri Giants,.
    The Dodgers would invite the "Tokyo Giants" to train in Vero Beach, FL during Spring Training back in the 60's and 70's, and the card's pic was taken during the Giants' 1975 visit to Dodgertown. It would change how Japanese players played the game, paving the way to making the Majors.
    Anyway, I think it got a 6 grade because of centering only, otherwise it would easily be an 8, maybe even 9.

Very cool.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.