Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Problems with deliveries from Heritage Auctions?

Won a couple items on 2/2 and still waiting for the Fedex Priority Overnight delivery. Won another item on 2/9 and was delivered by USPS Priority today. Anyone else having problems with HA?

"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"- Calvin and Hobbes

Comments

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won an item on 2/14 from Heritage.
    Paid in full the next day.
    The shipping charge cost was $20.00.
    No notification as of yet on a shipping date but they state on their site that it could take between 7-14 days so I am not worried.
    I have dealt many times with them and have had no problems.
    Best of luck.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    kirkminkkirkmink Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    No notification as of yet on a shipping date but they state on their site that it could take between 7-14 days so I am not worried.
    Best of luck.
    Wayne

I have dealt with them several times as well, and this is the first time I have had an issue. Just seems odd to be charged for Fedex overnight and a follow-on order with slowing shipping arrives first.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kirkmink said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    Best of luck.
    Wayne

I have dealt with them several times as well, and this is the first time I have had an issue. Just seems odd to be charged for Fedex overnight and a follow-on order with slowing shipping arrives first.

If the coin was not on the Dallas premises, but at another site, they say that it could take much longer.
    You could give them a call on Monday to set your mind at ease.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have only called a couple times and that is when it was delayed beyond the normal (which depends on auction and amount for me). The couple times the hold was very brief and the agent asked for customer number and then gave me the information on shipping and estimate of when. The number I called was in the email but here is one on a HA receipt.

1-866-835-3243

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love their auctions, but I grade their shipping department "D minus." After 11 days, I get only a tracking number and the post office is still waiting to receive the package.
    Like the other member stated, you just have to try and forget about the order for a while. They really do a horrible job getting it in the mail in a timely manner

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have excellent customer service until it's time to ship. Coins do eventually arrive.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2023 7:08PM

Buy comics. Those get shipped quickly

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2023 11:49PM

two to 4 weeks wait before shipment is normal for HA. I have one order shipped this week that was purchased on 1/29. Don't worry you will get it.

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there’s been quite a few posts/responses in recent years to say heritage is probably the worst auction house in terms of customer service, shipping, accuracy, fee structure, etc. I’m still wondering why they have repeat customers?

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1madman said:
    I think there’s been quite a few posts/responses in recent years to say heritage is probably the worst auction house in terms of customer service, shipping, accuracy, fee structure, etc. I’m still wondering why they have repeat customers?

Perhaps they have coins people want to buy? Just a guess...

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

I just received two lots from last December, about 7 weeks.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've won coins in three separate weekly auctions since Christmas, and the shipping has been a bit slower than in the past. The first two took 16 and 13 days to get to me via USPS, while the last took 12 days via UPS.

Normally, stuff takes about one week to get to me, as I live in Texas.

Steve

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked and they have positions open for 'shipping associate'. But it covers more than I imagined ... they are growing company with auctions in 40 categories. This position also involves receiving as well as shipping. I am sure you would have a couple seconds to see cool stuff every day.

https://hcc.catsone.com/careers/4743-General/jobs/15759194-Shipping-Associate/

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been quite a few complaints about Heritage's shipping. I have personally received some lots before I even paid the invoice.

Unless you need to sell your lots right away (like a dealer, but they usually pick up their lots in person immediately following the auction), what difference does it make if you receive them in one week or three? These complaints seem trivial.

• Options

@rays said:
    There have been quite a few complaints about Heritage's shipping. I have personally received some lots before I even paid the invoice.

Unless you need to sell your lots right away (like a dealer, but they usually pick up their lots in person immediately following the auction), what difference does it make if you receive them in one week or three? These complaints seem trivial.

I generally agree with you. But, I did buy 2 bullion coins from them. Between the hammer and arrival, gold went up $100 and down $100.

• Options
    edited February 19, 2023 4:48PM

Many people want their coin soon once they have paid for it. They want to enjoy the coin in hand while the impulse to buy is still hot. You can't demand payment in two weeks while ship the coin in couple weeks after the payment. it just not sound right. On eBay even if I ship early or on time but USPS did not update the tracking on time eBay will count that as my later shipment rate. LOL

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭✭

To me, it's not a "problem with deliveries," it's just remarkably slow times from payment to shipping. They do eventually ship, and the shipment does arrive.

I only look in at HA when I have been looking for a long time for a particular coin in a particular condition; otherwise, I like rewarding places that do me the courtesy of shipping in a reasonable amount of time.

• Options
    kirkminkkirkmink Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

I understand that some may be confused and think I am complaining about Heritages slow shipping. Here is a breakdown below of the tracking on this order. I paid on 2/2/23:

2023-02-08 04:00:00 AM MEMPHIS, TN US Departed FedEx hub
    2023-02-07 02:37:00 AM MEMPHIS, TN US Local Delay - Delay beyond our control
    2023-02-06 04:37:00 PM MEMPHIS, TN US Arrived at FedEx hub
    2023-02-06 01:18:00 PM FORT WORTH, TX US Local Delay - Delay beyond our control
    2023-02-06 05:30:00 AM FORT WORTH, TX US In transit
    2023-02-06 03:52:00 AM FORT WORTH, TX US Delay - Package delayed
    2023-02-06 03:51:00 AM FORT WORTH, TX US Departed FedEx hub
    2023-02-05 08:49:00 PM FORT WORTH, TX US Arrived at FedEx hub
    2023-02-05 06:38:00 AM FORT WORTH, TX US Local Delay - Delay beyond our control
    2023-02-04 06:30:00 PM IRVING, TX US Left FedEx origin facility
    2023-02-04 03:42:00 PM IRVING, TX US Shipment arriving On-Time
    2023-02-04 03:00:00 PM IRVING, TX US Picked up
    2023-02-04 02:07:16 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Perhaps I should change the thread to complaining about Fedex.....another stellar company (sarcasm intended).

• Options

I once sold a coin on but when I told the buyer that I can't ship it right away because HA haven't ship the coin to me yet. The buyer asked to cancel the sale.

• Options

@jt88 said:
    I once sold a coin on but when I told the buyer that I can't ship it right away because HA haven't ship the coin to me yet. The buyer asked to cancel the sale.

No offense, but that is at least partly on you. You sold a coin that wasn't in your possession yet. Did you sell it as a "pre-sale"?

• Options
    edited February 19, 2023 8:45PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@jt88 said:

No offense, but that is at least partly on you. You sold a coin that wasn't in your possession yet. Did you sell it as a "pre-sale"?

It happened all the time. I sold coins while the consigner is sending it to me or the consigner will mail it instead of me mailing it out. Sometime I bid for the buyer and the buyer wants the coin soon. I paid for the coin so the coin is belong to me and I can sell it as I want.

• Options
    edited February 19, 2023 8:49PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@jt88 said:

Have you buy from Amazon before? You know how fast they ship? Even eBay push for fast shipping. If your handling time is long then eBay will put your item at the end of the search. Fast shipping is part of customers satisfaction.

• Options

@jt88 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jt88 said:

Have you buy from Amazon before? You know how fast they ship? Even eBay push for fast shipping. If your handling time is long then eBay will put your item at the end of the search. Fast shipping is part of customers satisfaction.

Separate issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file