What part of a coin collection would you part with first?
Ok - so I’m asking for a friend
Of the five sets of coins - which would you sell first?
1) Carson City silver dollars, most dates, some MS62 to 64, some circulated and not graded (VF to XF) - not the 89 but all other dates. I have 78, 81, 82 83, 84, 85, 90, 92 and 93) - also have a few CC half’s from the 1870s can throw in…
2) ASE 2020 and 2021 all issues from the mint (proof, reverse proof, the V75, and business strike uncirculated) with both type 1 and type 2 coins - was the year when they made the switch all coins from that era - even the V75 West Point ASE that was hard to get…
3) peace dollars P mint full set - all years from Philly in MS 64 or MS65 (1921 to 1935) All graded - the 65 are the common dates (22, 23, 24, 25 and 26) and the 64s more rare / desirable (21, 27, 28, 34 and 35) plus most dates in S mint that are raw coins - no MS 34S… mostly just a P set but with the rare 21 and 28 full blast white at MS64…
4) full set of IKE dollars - brown and blue silver proofs (no P or D) - just the S mint state in business strike silver
5) 2021 morgan dollars, P, D, and S with the corresponding 1921 morgan P, D, or S. None graded but the 2021s are flawless and the 1921s are AU to low MS - the P mint is probably ~MS62 or 63 but the S is likely AU 58 and the D somewhere in the middle.
Anyway - don’t get tied up on the details of each set or the value - that’s not my point. I’m NOT concerned about how much each collection is worth or which one can get the most money, what I’m concerned about is which set of coins would be a least important do you - personally - that you would be willing to sell and would be less of a bother if you HAD to sell it -
And while we’re at it which one is the most important, your comments are really welcome I love collaborating and talking to all the experts on this site!!!!