Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Things That Don't Mix With Coins...

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peach juice.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    In Colorado smoking weed can be disruptive, a little Especially when memory comes into play 😁

Yes, it's called up in smoke 😜

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    Strip clubs?

Calling @Cougar1978

:D:D

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eccentric millionaire, cans.
    Oil doesn’t mix.
    https://m.youtube.com/shorts/PTpaR_mQztk

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Baking soda.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

A poor memory.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:

Actually works pretty well with the right kind of eraser. Removes all kinda stuff from coins 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

So this guy was fired from the mint because he couldn't learn how to made mint errors?? 🤣 😂

• Options

@CoinHoarder said:

Love this kids face. Reminds me of me!! 😉

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall... Definitely a tarnish I had to remove.... And I think of those two coins whenever I see tarnished coin pictures here.... :s Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited December 8, 2022 10:20AM

@ricko said:
    All the above, but I would add - dogs... they swallow coins, then you have to 'find' them to be sure they eliminated. Cheers, RickO

...and cat hair in pictures with coins! 😂 🤣

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Smoking don't mix well with coins if you are cleaning them in acetone. :o

Smoking doesn't mix well with anything, especially one's lungs - from a former smoker.

@ricko said:
    All the above, but I would add - dogs... they swallow coins, then you have to 'find' them to be sure they eliminated. Cheers, RickO

So do 4 year old kids.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone mention stupidity or ignorance?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made the mistake once, the black mark will never come off. I think ok on slabs and albums, but never to wrap around coins.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2022 11:13AM

@ricko said:

–C’mon, boy, make change!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2022 11:46AM

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    Strip clubs?

+1 on this, as there's a story out there about a dealer losing a pretty valuable coin at a strip club, I think maybe it was a better date $3. Not my comfort level to share, though maybe someone else will...

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nencoin said:

@Fraz said:
    Strip clubs?

+1 on this, as there's a story out there about a dealer losing a pretty valuable coin at a strip club, I think maybe it was a better date $3. Not my comfort level to share, though maybe someone else will...

Any $3. gold is bad enough, but a better date?!
    That's just adding salt to the wound.

peacockcoins

• Options
    AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 345 ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2022 5:40PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    In Colorado smoking weed can be disruptive, a little Especially when memory comes into play 😁

Michigan too.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

after this thread having this many posts about harmful things to coins, it is NO wonder so many coins have problems!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about:

Coin dealers & mustard or ketchup

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve heard that the “mustard tie “ is perhaps a secret signal to collectors and supposedly the sign of a well respected and honest dealer 😁
    Realizing that I have never been to a coin show of any size, I have started a list of folks that I’ve come to know here and how to spot the best dealers in the show 😁
    Soon I plan to attend a show and want to be well prepared. 🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ask Larry Briggs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights