Home U.S. Coin Forum

The Joker's Laughing Gas strikes!

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 3, 2022 12:02PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I went looking for another 2007-D dime error and found this one!

What a perfectly positioned split planchet, or feeder finger in this case!

Heritage said:
MS64 2007-D Dime Triple-Struck on
Aluminum Feeder Finger

2007-D Roosevelt Dime--Triple-Struck on 12-gm Aluminum Feeder Finger--MS64 PCGS. The aluminum feeder finger that carries the blank planchets for striking managed to insert itself between the dies, where it was struck three times in horizontal progression before being ejected as a jagged double triangle. Three images of Roosevelt and the reverse are visible, along with one 2007-D date and mintmark.

More here: https://coins.ha.com/itm/errors/2007-d-roosevelt-dime-triple-struck-on-12-gm-aluminum-feeder-finger-ms64-pcgs/a/1121-6259.s

Comments

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another amazing 2007 D mint error , just wow.

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now thats really cool.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    Now thats really cool.

Agree!

It's cool that there 2 full profiles so laughing and serious can be compared!

@Zoins Is it yours?

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

edited December 3, 2022 12:36PM

@gumby1234 said:
    @Zoins Is it yours?

I wish, but alas no. I didn't even know it existed until I just went looking for another 2007-D error dime and stumbled across this one.

The listing is from a 2009 sale.

@Zoins said:

@gumby1234 said:
    @Zoins Is it yours?

I wish, but alas no. I didn't even know it existed until I just went looking for another 2007-D error dime and stumbled across this one.

I wish it were mine too.

edited December 3, 2022 12:36PM

@gumby1234 said:

@Zoins said:

@gumby1234 said:
    @Zoins Is it yours?

I wish it were mine too.

Interesting this is a 2007 coin in a 2009 sale, so just 2 years after it was struck.

I hope it appears again soon!

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we got a bidding war developing on this one when it comes to market

I'm in :D

I'm not much for bidding wars. Its probably out of my price range anyways. Unless I hit the lottery. I'm still trying to pay the medical bills from my broken elbow. So no new coins for a while.

edited December 3, 2022 12:41PM

@gumby1234 said:
    I'm not much for bidding wars. Its probably out of my price range anyways. Unless I hit the lottery. I'm still trying to pay the medical bills from my broken elbow. So no new coins for a while.

Sorry to hear that @gumby1234! That's no fun, but I know what it's like to buy on a budget so hang in there! Is your elbow better physically?

@Zoins the elbow was broken badly. There are 15 screws in my arm now. Its healing, but its only been 4 months. Range of motion is better but not back to normal yet. I can lift some 20- 30 pound things now, but its going to be a while to get back to normal if ever. There are some X-ray pics in the" Im broken "thread.

edited December 4, 2022 2:55PM

@gumby1234 said:
    @Zoins the elbow was broken badly. There are 15 screws in my arm now. Its healing, but its only been 4 months. Range of motion is better but not back to normal yet. I can lift some 20- 30 pound things now, but its going to be a while to get back to normal if ever. There are some X-ray pics in the" Im broken "thread.

Ouch! I do recall that thread now! I feel for you! I had screws and some surgery before. No fun but they are miracles of modern medicine. Hang in there and think positive!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2022 4:08PM

Things we see around here is really a good thing 😎

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

That thing is amazing!

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another incredible error piece..... I wish someone would be able to get the full backstory on where these errors were found... The stats would be interesting... The categories are listed in another thread. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file