Options

Eye Appealing Coins in Your Collection - Share a Favorite or two

Comments

• Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@bud221 said:
    Sent this in last year AU58+

Wow, what a spectacular au58. I’m not gonna lie, you could tell me that coin was in a 63-64 holder and I wouldn’t question it. Good thing I don’t collect buffs :#

Actually, there is a good way to spot AU but this coin doesn't seem to have it....best to see this in hand. So...yeah, this looks very much like a near gem piece, IMO.

jom

• Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:

So nice for the grade! Still nicely represents the design. Wow, You must have people asking you to sell it to them! I had that with a few Seated Dollars, that I owned.

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2022 9:04PM

@ZoidMeister said:
    Not a coin, but one of my favorites.

Nobody's complaining. Like asheland's 1806 bust quarter and Catbert's 1854-O half, I never get tired of it, that's for sure.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Anytime I can show her off;

That's a very nice example of one of my favorite commemoratives. I also like to check out the Trueviews of all the Pan Pac halves on Coin Facts.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RLSnapper said:

I love the reverse proof look of this coin's reverse. Straight graded VG08. I am looking for another...probably never will find one!

I see the circulated cameo look of the reverse. It does capture the eye. Very nice!

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@JBN said:
    New to my half dollar collection. Already a favorite. My kind of eye appeal.

Wonderful. I considered pulling the trigger on this one, and probably should have. Nice pickup!

It looks like it would have been a good mate to have with your twenty-cent piece. By the way, remind me again when is that twenty-cent piece going to be available for purchase? ;)

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@JBN said:
    New to my half dollar collection. Already a favorite. My kind of eye appeal.

Wonderful. I considered pulling the trigger on this one, and probably should have. Nice pickup!

It looks like it would have been a good mate to have with your twenty-cent piece. By the way, remind me again when is that twenty-cent piece going to be available for purchase? ;)

I have the double dime's mate. Making the argument for first shot here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file