Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum

Old school Barber dime album completed!

moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Help me celebrate a full album!

Not too many compromises... Most/all G06-F, with some eye and jawline.

Barber quarters might be next, but I hate starting something I can't finish... πŸ˜‰

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a great looking dime set. Congrats!!!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on a job well done.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! πŸ‘πŸ»

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🀣 )

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund β€” great set, how long were you working on it? Any advice to collectors β€œjust starting out” on a Barber dime set? Any surprises along the way?

Higashiyama
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always good to finish a set.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome.
    I’m plugging along on my Roosie album. Must feel great to finish up a long time project 😁

🎢 shout shout, let it all out 🎢

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set. I completed a set sometime in the early '90's. Took me 10 years to assemble it. The 1900-O was the toughest one to find. Sold my set in '97 to buy wife and me an airbed.Can't say I made money by selling but don't think I lost money either. That set was a lot of fun.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to work with a collector who had completed a Whitman tri-fold Barber Dime album. Including the 1894-S. James G. Johnson. Check the pedigrees on the circulated specimens.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • 1946Hamm1946Hamm Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set. Your 1900-O looks like a 1901 in the pics ?

Have a good day, Gary
  • OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your complete set! Barber Dimes are definitely a fun set to collect. Some of the semi-keys definitely are pretty tough in the grade you have specified in problem-free condition.

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really beautiful to see all those Barber dimes in the old album....Fantastic set! Love it....

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1946Hamm said:

What tha?!? Dang now I'll have to pull it out of the safe and see what's going on! 😨

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job! Which one is your favorite?

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful.

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

@1946Hamm said:

What tha?!? Dang now I'll have to pull it out of the safe and see what's going on! 😨

Looks like a 1900 to me. ;)

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing the same project here. I lack only the 1895 P to finish. Congrats!

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2022 5:44AM

Wow really nice! Congrats.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just Spectacular, dude!
    Congratulations on a job well done.
    Beautiful set and unusual.
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set, congrats!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice looking set, congratulations on your accomplishment! Love doing sets in albums.

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did this a while back, but I agree, a Barber quarter collection is a steep climb. So, I chickened out and am working on Barber halves.

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@moursund said:

@1946Hamm said:

Looks like a 1900 to me. ;)

DANG, w/o super blowing it up, it does look like a 1 but it is a 0.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good work!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice set... and always a good feeling when done. That 1900 O sure does look like a 1901. Cheers, RickO

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job. Quarters will be tougher.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set, and nicely matched as well! Love the old-school Whitman albums.

• Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

Congrats!
    I too like like those albums. I have one for Seated Liberty dimes but don't see that getting completed.

Pocket Change Inspector

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Really nice set... and always a good feeling when done. That 1900 O sure does look like a 1901. Cheers, RickO

You guys had me worried, but all is well πŸ™‚

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very kewl accomplishment!! Congrat's!!!

β€œWe are only their care-takers,” he posed, β€œif we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've put together a nice set! Any thoughts about taking it to the next level with VF coins? It's a shame the 1895-O is so disproportionately expensive.

• jedmjedm Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice set! That's a fun set to put together I did mine in G to VG coins and If I remember correctly I sold it off around 2014. I used the proceeds wisely I think, and I've never regretted not having the set. To me the fun is in the putting together so I don't really miss 'em when they're gone.

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Tougher set than the halves for sure.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good work and so much fun I’m sure- I like that set- congratulations!

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s very nice πŸ‘πŸ»

Mr_Spud

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice accomplishment, like to see the 'old' Whitman folder

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• savitalesavitale Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file