Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

July 2022 Pickups Thread

Comments

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

@kcherevka said:
    I love little oddball items like this. PSA hasn't graded any of them yet and I haven't been able to find any reliable information or checklist about them online so I'll enjoy them in their raw form for now. 1977, 1980 and 1982 NFL TV Slides Terry Bradshaw.

It's baseball, but this may shed a little more light on them. An ebay seller had a full set with checklist, which was very insightful.

https://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/2021/01/monday-night-baseball-slides.html

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:
    Just got this bad boy.

@BBBrkrr said:
    Just got this bad boy.

Nice!!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    I usually don’t like newer ink, but this card is beautiful.

hey Goldenage,
    Pretty cool... :)

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

@Cs223406 said:
    Picked up some rare sigs for my All-Time ABA project.

Wow! Those are great and Zelmo isn’t cheap! Great work.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

great card! i really like refractors of star players like jordan.

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:

great card! i really like refractors of star players like jordan.

Same, I mostly collect vintage baseball but have recently started collecting 90s baseball refractors and insets. Even more recently, 90s basketball. 90s basketball refractors (outside of Jordan and Kobe) seem to be undervalued. You can get second year Duncan, Iverson, etc refractors for relatively cheap.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Copyboy1 said:
    They're no 1976 Walter Payton PSA 10s but... two more for my NFL HoF Rookie set. I'm down to just 9 cards left! (And let's be real, I'm never affording a '35 National Chicle Nagurski, so really just 8 to go!)

Wow that is a great achievement to get so close. Really like that Sprinkle.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BPorter26 said:
    I'm loving mid-grade centered cards especially of the All-Timers.

You can find some really great looking 5's. That Clemente is super nice o:)

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BPorter26 said:
    I'm loving mid-grade centered cards especially of the All-Timers.

I have that same one as a 6 and I love it. One of my all time favorite RC’s.

Congratulations

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, I always loved the look of that '56 set.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty happy about this one. Bought the base auto then saw this one and had to grab it too.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 Congrats on the grade! 7's are still a pretty tough grade with these being so thin. I've been seriously debating throwing my 10 on ebay to see what type of offers are out there.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    @maddux69 Congrats on the grade! 7's are still a pretty tough grade with these being so thin. I've been seriously debating throwing my 10 on ebay to see what type of offers are out there.

Thanks, I regard it as a win for that reason and since it wasn't stored the best before making it's way to me. It was in a 5X7 toploader with no soft sleeve so no telling how much it was bumped around in it. :s

Hard to say as they really haven't gotten their just due yet. Not many around and many iconic images across the board. I mean how many people remember going into a local shop or record store and seeing these posters?!