Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**** 2023 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS OFFICIAL THREAD****

Comments

• Options
    SilverPlatinumSilverPlatinum Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 3:46PM

@HATTRICK said:
    Surprise, surprise, surprise. Reverse Proofs available now. You can get 5 if you want

Thanks for the update, I told my friends about that and they increased their subscriptions.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    Surprise, surprise, surprise. Reverse Proofs available now. You can get 5 if you want

Why a surprise? The RP did exactly the same thing at about 10-11 days before the unc release data, as folks adjusted their subscriptions across the board. Then as soon as subscriptions for the RP became available, they were quickly gobbled right back up...like today.
    What would be a surprise would be an actual trend to reduce subscriptions for the RP, seen over a number of days.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 2:46PM

@derryb said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with the difference between NGC and NGCX pricing, which was the topic.

The thread topic is the coins. The grading scale was off topic sidebar

To which I directly responded to the OT sidebar. Which you have now created an OT sidebar to the OT sidebar.

Although I might suggest that the value of the graded coins is not OT in a forum hosted by an entity that grades coins.

• Options

@HATTRICK said:

@derryb said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with the difference between NGC and NGCX pricing, which was the topic.

The thread topic is the coins. The grading scale was off topic sidebar

Seems like people pick popular threads to do their whining in hopes more people will see their BS

I don't think fathom was whining, exactly.

• Options
    edited August 1, 2023 2:52PM

@SPalladino said:

@HATTRICK said:

Why a surprise? The RP did exactly the same thing at about 10-11 days before the unc release data, as folks adjusted their subscriptions across the board. Then as soon as subscriptions for the RP became available, they were quickly gobbled right back up...like today.
    What would be a surprise would be an actual trend to reduce subscriptions for the RP, seen over a number of days.

Dang. I take that back. I was responding based on what I saw at about 10:30am PDT. Now, 4h15m later at 2:45pm PDT on the same day, there has been major reductions in subscriptions (maybe also some mint housekeeping). Wow!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SilverPlatinum said:

@HATTRICK said:

Thanks for the update, I told my friends about that and they increased their superscription.

Is that like a subscription on steroids?

I'm not superstitious, I'm just a little stitious. :D

Sorry I couldn't resist, and I'm just yanking your chain, no offense intended.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS received my submission for 11 Peace $1's and one Morgan $1 on 7/21/2023.

They are already in Encapsulation as of today.....7 business days.

My Regular submission received on May 31, 2023 is still in grading.....42 business days.

Makes one wonder how the Modern Value submissions are processed.

Thoughts?

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@HATTRICK said:

Thanks for the update, I told my friends about that and they increased their superscription.

Is that like a subscription on steroids?

I'm not superstitious, I'm just a little stitious. :D

Sorry I couldn't resist, and I'm just yanking your chain, no offense intended.

LOL, blame that on the auto-correct.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SilverPlatinum said:

@HATTRICK said:

Thanks for the update, I told my friends about that and they increased their subscriptions.

I always post what I discover in hopes it will be beneficial to someone on the forum. And occasionally I like to “throw a little gas on the fire” >:)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

My Regular submission received on May 31, 2023 is still in grading.....42 business days.

Thoughts?

My 2 of each were received 7/26 and still haven’t gone to grading…….sitting as Received.

It’s under Modern Submission.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

My 2 of each were received 7/26 and still haven’t gone to grading…….sitting as Received.

• Options

@robec said:

@Goldbully said:

Thoughts?

Modern submission is for coins 1965 and later over $300.....not sure why you went that route.

$30 Modern versus $17 for Modern Value.

Let me know.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:
    Hey everyone, we wanted to take a moment to address some questions earlier in the thread and demystify some of our modern designations.

In general Advanced Release is for coins that are purchased by select Mint purchasers directly from the Mint and shipped to us prior to the official public release date.

First Day of Issue are coins purchased on the day the coins are released to the public and received by us in sealed mint packaging within 2 weeks of the initial ship date from the Mint.

These programs are for Bulk Submissions only.

Min 70 deals do happen on occasion on certain modern releases. This service is only available to PCGS Authorized Bulk Dealers with approval.

These programs are available to anyone who is able to meet our bulk submission minimums and program requirements. If you are interested in participating in our bulk programs, please get in touch with our Senior Director of Sales Chris Demoray
    Cdemoray@collectors.com

We will be looking to add these details to our site to give more clarity to collectors of these series in the coming weeks.

Heather, thank you for this. I hope the updates will include all of the designations and special labels that have been used because there have been several cases on here of accusations and wonderment of PCGS slabs being fake or not because of no public references to verify coins we are finding in the marketplace. This of course leads to lower value and doubt about the brand. In my requests to customer service the response was dismissive and submitter-centric and did not seem to be concerned with the resale/collector market. I get that the submitters are your customers but PCGS has an obligation to support the resale market and its products by making sure that coin designations are understood and that PCGS slabs are verifiable. Example: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/13494624

Another for instance is that there are grading codes not listed on this page: https://www.pcgs.com/news/my-coin-got-a-details-grade-what-does-that-mean Can we please get a reference that has ALL of the grading codes such as code 88 and 89?

Also, will the First Strike description be updated to address the situations where the same coin has multiple First Strike submission windows? For instance, the 2023 Silver Proof Women Quarters were already released this year. When they are released again in the Proof set in a few weeks, collectors will be able to submit these quarters for First Strike also, and they are the exact same coin.

Thank you.

• Options
    edited August 1, 2023 6:19PM

@Goldbully said:

@robec said:

@Goldbully said:

Thoughts?

Modern submission is for coins 1965 and later over $300.....not sure why you went that route.

Let me know.

I haven’t looked at the submission since I sent it. I just looked, it says Modern Value (1965-Date) $300 Max value

It was $17, Regular is $30

What did you use for your 12 coin submission?

• Options

@robec said:

@Goldbully said:

@robec said:

@Goldbully said:

Thoughts?

Let me know.

I haven’t looked at the submission since I sent it. I just looked, it says Modern Value (1965-Date) $300 Max value

Modern Value.

Sounds like all is good...Modern Value is the only way to submit these ladies.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@coiner said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I'm kind of surprised people are still chasing them - unless you haven't gotten any yet. Ebay prices are in the mid 80s. They aren't really flippable anymore and they will probably be available at issue price or lower this year.

I know 2 dealers trying to dump quantity at $80 to $84.

They must not be connecting with the wholesalers. $85 going rate wholesale as of Friday.

They are on the dealer network. That's where I saw the asks.

Well, ~1,000 pcs out the door at $85. Latest group at that rate Monday.

• Options

@coiner said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@coiner said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I'm kind of surprised people are still chasing them - unless you haven't gotten any yet. Ebay prices are in the mid 80s. They aren't really flippable anymore and they will probably be available at issue price or lower this year.

I know 2 dealers trying to dump quantity at $80 to $84.

They must not be connecting with the wholesalers. $85 going rate wholesale as of Friday.

They are on the dealer network. That's where I saw the asks.

Well, ~1,000 pcs out the door at $85. Latest group at that rate Monday.

That is the high end of the range I mentioned. I'm not sure we have any disagreement.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2023 4:32AM

Morgan yes. Peace no
    Maybe 2 minutes. Coming close

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Getting to be like Beanie Babies.........if a limited run makes great money, let's make more! LOTS MORE! Then no one wanted them....and the prices collapsed.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a pcgs graded example yet? If not, any predictions on when they will be physically available?

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2023 12:18PM

@Goldbully said:

@robec said:

Modern Value.

Ah! Thank you! I've been trying to figure out how to submit mine. I've called PCGS, but their queue is full-up because I keep forgetting to call in the morning. I suppose it doesn't matter THAT much, because they'll just contact you if there are irregularities in the submission...

Also, I have to say that I like how the form that I downloaded a few days ago says "Form not valid after June 2023" at the bottom. :blush:

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2023 12:38PM

Well now. Here’s some folks gunna win even overpaying or not. At 91.75 each? Over 4 hours left.

• Options

@MrBear said:

@Goldbully said:

@robec said:

Modern Value.

Ah! Thank you! I've been trying to figure out how to submit mine. I've called PCGS, but their queue is full-up because I keep forgetting to call in the morning. I suppose it doesn't matter THAT much, because they'll just contact you if there are irregularities in the submission...

Also, I have to say that I like how the form that I downloaded a few days ago says "Form not valid after June 2023" at the bottom. :blush:

I use the online submission form. It is fast, neat, and clean. Not to mention easy.

I like easy. 😉

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@MrBear said:

@Goldbully said:

@robec said:

Modern Value.

I use the online submission form. It is fast, neat, and clean. Not to mention easy.

I like easy. 😉

Same here. 👍

• Options

Just got this. Does it mean above the 200?

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

My guess is that they are held back from the 200. Would not surprise me if they turned out to be #s 1 through 20.

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2023 3:05PM

@Goldbully said:

@MrBear said:

@Goldbully said:

@robec said:

Modern Value.

I like easy. 😉

I tried that first, but I couldn't figure out how to add the quarterly special. And, well, it's $34 savings for ten coins. I packed everything up (using one of the mint boxes that they taped instead of peeling the adhesive cover off) and ran to the Post Office and got there...five minutes after they closed. :s

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Ahh, the "ANA limited release of Ventris Gibson -struck Morgan uncirculated coins, #1 of 10 of 200" label. :D

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

LOL Thoes with connections got 175 of them the rest were randomly inserted in shipments.

Should read 200 struck and 25 randomly inserted into regular orders :D

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

they are cheap because avc coin channel is selling the uncirculated in ms 70 at 99.00 and the proofs are being advertised for 109.00 pf70 which ai.t bad for them 29 dollars for the ngc slab and 23 for unc. slabs so its a deal i would buy them if i wasnt already enrolled in proofs and reverse proofs

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭✭

That means there will 20 or so slabbed with the certificate

Martin

• Options

Skip to content
    Scksbio.com
    Languages
    2 × “2012 S Limited Edition 8-Piece Silver Proof Set including Proof Silver Eagle $1 Choice DCAM with Original Packaging, Sleeve and COA US Mint” have been added to your cart.
    HOME / ALL PRODUCTS
    2012 S Limited Edition 8-Piece Silver Proof Set including Proof Silver Eagle $1 Choice DCAM with Original Packaging, Sleeve and COA US Mint

$58.68

1000 in stock

2012 S Limited Edition 8-Piece Silver Proof Set including Proof Silver Eagle $1 Choice DCAM with Original Packaging, Sleeve and COA US Mint quantity
    ADD TO CART
    SKU: B07XN7YTML
    Category: All products
    DESCRIPTION
    Features:

Bright, full strike, silver coins with deep mirror-like finishes. Great fields enhanced by today’s technology
    Hand picked for quality and eye appeal. Produced in very limited quantity. Only 50,000 sets produced
    8-coin silver set includes the Silver Eagle, produced in 99% silver; the Kennedy half and Roosevelt dime are 90% silver
    The set also includes 5 silver (90%) quarters from the America the Beautiful quarters program. Those coins honor 5 America the Beautiful silver quarters honoring El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico, Chaco Culture National Historical Park in New Mexico, Acadia National Park in Maine, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii, and Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska.
    An outstanding Mint product which is a must have. On hand and ships immediately.
    Details: Exceptional silver set, all 8 coins are silver. Hand picked for quality and eye appeal. Great stikes all with mirror finishes. On hand and ships immediately.

Package Dimensions: 7.5 x 7.5 x 1.3 inches

INFOMATION
    We sincerely invite you to enjoy the exquisite workmanship of our wooden combs! Our wooden combs are carefully designed to meet the needs of both long and short hair.

NEWSLETTER
    Be the first to know about our new product information and discount offers.

Your Email, please

SERVICES
    About
    Contact
    My account
    Store
    Tracking order
    POLICIES
    Shipping Policy
    Trems Of Service
    Refund & Returns Policy
    FAQ
    Privacy Policy
    We accept:
    Copyright 2023 © scksbio.com

• Options

these are 58 dollars each on this web site 2012 limited edition proof set. that just about spot price if its legit

• Options
    edited August 2, 2023 4:18PM

This is ending and been bumped up $5 more. Shipping is $6.95. Makes me wonder 💭
    The bidders are not rookies. Don’t get it 🤔

• Options
    edited August 2, 2023 5:27PM

Ended. One more raise of the bid. Basically paying $99 each with $7 shipping

• Options
    edited August 3, 2023 4:56AM

YUPPERS. Both 2+ minutes. Still available
    Morgan still available 5 minutes in
    Peace dollar done 3-4 minutes

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

31 minutes for the Morgan.

My returns were processed Tuesday, that was quick.

• Options

Still thinking about whoever paid $200 for one each. This morning they could have bought direct for $76 each ( let’s see 76+14€%12-26+3.14= $152 😂😂😂). $48 off. Wowzers. 🤔

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

This seller has them for $190 each, he started at $250 each... :#

• Options

Any of the certified golden ticket coins showing up for sale yet ?

• Options

@SPalladino said:

@SPalladino said:

@HATTRICK said:

Dang. I take that back. I was responding based on what I saw at about 10:30am PDT. Now, 4h15m later at 2:45pm PDT on the same day, there has been major reductions in subscriptions (maybe also some mint housekeeping). Wow!

What is the link for the quantities you are showing?

• Options

@SilverPlatinum said:

mint subscriptions page -> click on production -> left click on the product, view page source -> cntrl F -> type in 'stocklevel' -> enter

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

mint subscriptions page -> click on production -> left click on the product, view page source -> cntrl F -> type in 'stocklevel' -> enter

Thank you very much. I did that and this is what I got:
    "stocklevel":0

Which means no one can increase their subscription as of today? Correct?

• Options

@SilverPlatinum said:

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

The correct interpretation is that there are no subscriptions available for the product in question at the moment.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

The correct interpretation is that there are no subscriptions available for the product in question at the moment.

Thanks.
    1081 which were available (August 1st) for the reverse proof are gone now...... :)

• Options

@SilverPlatinum said:

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

Thanks.
    1081 which were available (August 1st) for the reverse proof are gone now...... :)

Those 1081 subscriptions that popped up on August 1 were gone by the next day.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

Subscriptions for the Morgan and Peace proofs will be locked as of midnight (EDT) tomorrow. There have been reductions of subscriptions for seven days, meaning that available subscriptions have risen, and that the higher number of unsubscribed coins roll over into day of release sales.

Based on mint data, there will be an estimated 71-79K Morgan proofs and 72-80K proofs available for sale on release day. For comparison, there may have been 40-60K of the uncs available on their release day.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2023 10:29AM

I have a sub for one each of the proofs. Do I try to increase to 2? 🤔

I would not be heartbroken to have one nice example of each, but should I order 2 of each as an insurance policy? Or maybe I'll want two of each. These might be stunners.

Just thinking out loud...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file