Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum

😍 GOT gold? CONTEST ❀️ We have a WINNER!!!

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 21, 2022 10:45AM in U.S. Coin Forum

🌺 4 those who ever dreamed of having a gold coin landing in their hands πŸ₯°

😘 Here is your chance ……. without having to look at the sky nor your pocket book 🌈

LITTLE ……. Tiny ….. MINISCULE
…….yet HUGE in Her own Right

To enter the contest:
Post your favorite Inspirational Quote followed by your earliest experience of being fond of any coin or token 🐬

Β«1345

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2022 11:37PM

DRAWING on Our longest day of the year
    Summer Solstice June 21st

This is an EQUAL OPPS contest
    You can always have more of it right?

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super cool! B)

R U in BIG DOG?

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Super cool! B)

Sleep it off @ifthevamzarockin and you’ll come up with plenty tomorrow ❀️

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity!

It always seems impossible until it's done - Nelson Mandela

I remember finding the 76 bicentennial quarters in change and loving them because they were different than all of the other quarters. Why? Who knows, I was a kid, different and neat was enough for me. I still love the design and that design is the chosen one in my US type set.

edited June 14, 2022 12:31AM

❀️ my late Father gave me a worn …… Very very FINE buffalo nickel πŸ₯°

edited June 14, 2022 12:25AM

One of the Simplest ways to stay HAPPY ❀️ is letting go of the things that make you sad

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

All Glory is Fleeting.

In late 1956 my grandfather gave me an 1843-O quarter that he had gotten in circulation in 1933. It is the coin that got me started with coin collecting. I still have the coin.

All glory is fleeting.
    edited June 14, 2022 12:54AM

You are most welcome! You paid attention to details that’s why you noticed how special …… in his own right the 76 bicentennial was and still is.

@lermish said:

edited June 14, 2022 1:06AM

@291fifth said:
    All Glory is Fleeting.

In late 1956 my grandfather gave me an 1843-O quarter that he had gotten in circulation in 1933. It is the coin that got me started with coin collecting. I still have the coin.

@291fifth would you kindly and possibly share your special coin?

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 2:53AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxkwRNIZgdY
    One of my favorite "art events"!
    I like the idea of making fun of the commercial side of things.
    And apparently this piece resold 3 years later for $25.4m!
    Sorry I'm drifting from the contest but the balloon scene reminded me of this.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite is the Golden Rule----"He who has the gold makes the rules." :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 2:45AM

Whether you think you can or you think you can't you are right.

I remember my great uncle used to give my brothers and I an Eisenhower dollar every time he would see us. We were very young and these were amazing coins to us because of their size and the fact that we never had seen them anywhere else.

Thanks for the opportunity
    at this very generous giveaway.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• β€œAnything beautiful is worth getting hurt for”

I was always intrigued by the Kalakaua coins and how it was Claus Spreckels who financed the coins.
    I also find it interesting that the Iolani Palace had electricity before the White House but Spreckels had electricity in his mill before Iolani Palace!!!

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If by Rudyard Kipling"

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dreamβ€”and not make dreams your master;
    If you can thinkβ€”and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: β€˜Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kingsβ€”nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    Andβ€”which is moreβ€”you’ll be a Man, my son!

Late 50's I was CRH at a Manhattan Bank in Bklyn, got thrown out after a week. My father went to that bank, opened up a passbook savings account with $5 so I was a customer. Withdrew and deposited coin rolls with a smile.

Thanks @Paradisefound and hello Mango. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 4:00AM

Your generosity is nothing short of inspiring itself.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." – Theodore Roosevelt

"One cannot discover new oceans unless they have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide

I used to read the Whitman coin grading guide and dream about owning coins that were out of my reach. Here (raises a glass) is to keep striving for completeness and sharing our experiences with others.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

"To err is human, to forgive is divine". My recollection is when my oldest brother walked me, as a young lad, down to the local hobby shop for the first time. There he bought me my first blue Whitman Lincoln Cent folder and put a few coins in it to get me started. And so it began.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

β€œI have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    Thomas Edison

When I was a kid, I had a friend that lived across the street from my grandparents. We would get together when I would visit them. My friend liked coins also, and came up with a California fractional gold replica, one of those little gold plated things. I thought it was the most amazing thing, and I probably traded him something of real value to get it.

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite quote, which I quote often, came from a lecture I attended with Edward Tufte: β€œbureaucracy reproduces itself in the design”. I have found that true repeatedly in life.

My earliest coin memory was when I was 7 after my grandfather passed. My mom inherited a third of his coin collection, mostly bulk silver, but it was stuff I had never seen before. I was fascinated looking at it all. I didn’t collect (we were pretty poor and I was 7) but it grabbed my interest and has stayed with me ever since.

• 1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 2:10PM

A sign that hung in my bedroom as a young boy: A swarm of "B's" worth having "B" gentle "B" patient "B" humble "B" true' "B" a good little boy and God will bless you, I tried to live by this and hoped that God wasn't looking when I was bad but knew he was. My 1st coin to remember was a Hobo Nickel which I still have! That year was 1956!

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."---Harper Lee

Back in the mid '60's my mother helped with counting the collection money at our church. One day she came home with a 1901 Liberty Nickel that lit the fire in me.
    Thank you for your generous giveaway opportunity and...."Welcome back!".

• CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 5:53AM

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-Benjamin Franklin

My earliest coin experience would probably be when I found a 1944 wheat cent in my brothers change while trying to see how many different years I could find. Thanks to that one wheat cent I began to get rolls of cents from my credit union to look for the wheat cents and eventually ended up collecting other coins as well.

Thanks for the contest!

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Pennies make Millionaires!"

Lying on my bed in the evening as a tween pretty much memorizing the Red Book. There was a time I could probably quote the mintages for every coin in the book!

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, PF, this is way generous. Thank you for the opportunity.
    My sig line is my favorite quote:
    When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

My favorite coin story was my first coin. On my 10th birthday, my Uncle Schley gave me a brand new(looked like new to me) 1880 O Morgan Silver Dollar, the biggest coin I had ever held or seen. Within 2 weeks I had lost it, and when finally found, Schley said he should keep it for me. He carried a little leather snap change purse with miscellaneous change and a few 2 pack of chicklets gum in cellophane. He would often show it to me in its little manila like envelope. Schley died on my 16th birthday and his hateful wife "lost" his will and all his possessions. 39 years later my Mother became his daughter's executor when she passed and sure enough Mom found the little leather purse in her possessions. The Morgan dollar was still in a worn apart envelope in the pouch, but sulfur from the paper had destroyed the coin. I tried everything which only turned it from black to awful. I now carry his knife that I had borrowed so many times. This 1958 event was the start of a 64 year old hobby which I would not trade for anything. Thank you for listening.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

He who fails to plan is planning to fail.
    Winston Churchill
    My Dad had three Morgan dollars he kept in a bureau drawer. He was not a coin collector, but, for some reason, kept those coins. I would marvel at the big silver coins when he would take them out occasionally. That led to me saving special coins when I got a paper route.
    Cheers, RickO

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes,
    And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes
    The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills,
    Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:β€”
    He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass:
    Environment is but his looking-glass." (From James Allen's "As a man thinketh")

The gold gods may have been upset with me about how generous I was with gold in the past so my stash is not significant now.....On the gold rush Thoreau said: "The hog that roots his own living would be ashamed of such company", and wrote the essay "What shall it profit?..." Sorry to be a contrarian.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 6:30AM

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care" from the song "Come out and Play" by the Offspring.

Edited to add: A friend in 4th grade gave me a 1929 Lincoln center from a coin folder he had at school. Not long after, I got both blue Whitman albums for the Lincolns and the rest is history!

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

"You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible", Anton Chekhov

Earliest memory is visiting my grandparents and my grandfather pulling out an old cigar box. Inside were lots of Mercury dimes. He let me pick out several to keep for my own collection and I still have lots of them to this day.

• MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭✭

This is one that I've recently grown fond of:

"Wrong is wrong (even if everyone is doing it), Right is right (even if no one is doing it)" -Unknown

My first memory of coins as a kid was around 1985 when Kennedy half dollars circulated more frequently. I couldn't bring myself to spend them so I started to save them. One day while I was at the local book store I noticed that they had coin folders so I got one for Kennedys and the rest is history.

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Find a way, not an excuse."

After my dad's mother died he gave me some coins she saved. One was a three cent silver piece from her birth year. I was seven, and awestruck.
    Lance.

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, it seems generosity still warms your heart! Thanks for the chance!

My favorite quote " I would rather believe and find out there isn't, than to not believe and find out there is".

Not the best fond memory but sort of is, but I remember as a young kid (early 70's), stealing an Ike dollar from my dads pocket. I was infatuated by the big dollar back then. When he found it missing, I was the sort of kid that couldn't tell a lie and I fessed up to it. I had it for about 2 days at that time. When he found out I still had the coin in my pocket, he told me to to keep it right after he grounded me for a week. He wasn't a collector but found out it was his pocket piece. Don't know what ever happened to that Ike, but I'll never forget how I got it. Thanks Dad! RIP

• ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Don't you know who I used to be!" A partner of mine from years ago used this quote a lot. I sure do miss him.

A classmate and I were walking to school and we passed a tree stump that was ground up. In the sawdust my buddy found a 1900's Indian Cent. It had a huge gouge from the grinder but other than that looked really good. I was so envious that he found the coin. To this day I still love Indian Cents.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a college student, I was always impressed by the English poet Matthew Arnold and his "Dover Beach" poem published in 1867 decrying the decline of religion in the modern world and how love/affection must carry us forward. Here's an excerpt:

Ah, love, let us be true
    To one another! for the world, which seems
    To lie before us like a land of dreams,
    So various, so beautiful, so new,
    Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,
    Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
    And we are here as on a darkling plain
    Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
    Where ignorant armies clash by night.

I've always loved this Conder token celebrating a significant event and it being old copper. It inspired my appreciation for old copper coins.

Thank you for the generous give away!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 6:59AM

You are too kind.

The only people who don't make mistakes are people who don't do anything.

1945 Micro S Merc - BU. Way back when, I bought it unattributed for around $2. According to the Redbook it was worth $15. Holy smokes, had I hit the big time! :smile: ps - I still have it!

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe not the most inspirational but I always felt it relevant. Learning the history behind the coins is what's kept me in this hobby for over 50 years

I think its especially useful for those contemplating a second marriage :D

My fondest memory of a coin is my altered 1914D cent. I got hooked on coins at a very young age and my Uncle bought me the Whitman Cent folders for my 6th birthday. He was a casual collector from the roll collecting craze era.

Occasionally he would pull out a bag of wheaties and allow me to fill some holes in my folder. One day, there was a 14-D in the pile. I was so young and new, that I didn't even know it was a key date, only that anything in the teens with a mm was hard to find. He told me it was a special date and we looked it up in his old Redbook (which I still have on my bookshelf). He said I could have it for my folder. Boy was I excited.

Turns out that my uncle salted the coin in the bag for me to find. It's an altered 44-D and actually nicely done. I still have it in a 2x2 and remember the thrill of finding a "rare" coin as a kid whenever I see it.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • VetterVetter Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be true to your teeth or they will be false to you.
    Corny but true.

Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2022 11:13AM

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Regarding early fondness of particular coins, my grandmother had an old coin purse with a bunch of old stuff in it. A couple large cents, a few Flying Eagles, some silver dollars, some slick 3c silvers, and this:

I still have the coin and the coin purse. A few of the coins from it are in my 7070.

John
    Keeper of the VAM Catalog β€’ Professional Coin Imaging β€’ Prime Number Set β€’ World Coins in Early America β€’ British Trade Dollars β€’ Variety Attribution
  • SpecGotCoinsSpecGotCoins Posts: 213 ✭✭

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
    Jules Winnfield

Life has been pretty rough for me. Never had much. I've done lots of things, searched for happiness in lots of different activities, some activities can't be mentioned for legal reasons πŸ˜†. It wasn't until I received some coins my grandmother gave to me that I'd realize I'd found an activity that truly made me happy. Now, she gave me some piece that were worth, let's say, a pretty penny but that's not important being that I collect mostly 1c Lincolns. She, without realizing it gave me a hobby that would fill a small space in my life that didn't cost much, that made me feel like an excited child anytime I'd get change back from when I'd buy anything. I'd walk out of a store all wide-eyed feverishly looking through my dimes, nickels, quarters and pennies before I'd even glance at my store purchase. People would look at me strangely but I didn't care, I was too busy looking for that key date or some doubling with a smile on my face thinking to myself "I never thought I'd be so happy to stare at a penny" so, in short, that little space in my heart that was empty, she filled with something that I never needed much money for, that truly made me happy, and for that I'll always be truly grateful. Thank you and rest in peace grandma πŸ–€

I love you all ~Spec ✌️

β€œFather, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

" I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Philippians 4:13

I remember roll searching cents obtained from the Polish bank on Reid Hill. I couldn't even wait until I got home and stopped in the woods on the way to search them. This was in the late 1950s and if my memory serves me right the only dates I never found were the 1914-D, 1922 plain and 1955 DDO. Those were the good old days.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    @291fifth would you kindly and possibly share your special coin?

Unfortunately, my digital camera isn't working. I'm not going to have it repaired as it is already 10+ years old and my experience with camera repair shops is dismal. I'm now looking at new cameras that suit my needs but don't want to spend much right now.

The coin is in an old white ANACS holder and is graded VF DETAILS, NET VG8 SCRATCHED.

All glory is fleeting.
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Time on the Water"

Wether it be coins, fish, or ...

• MrScienceMrScience Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance!

It's not necessarily inspirational, but this quote from H.L. Mencken (editor of the Baltimore Sun in the early 1900s) is highly relevant in our current circumstances: "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it." Exercise for the reader: can you think of any prominent US or world leaders whose motives may be captured by this quote?

Some of my first coin-collecting memories include searching through a cigar box in my Grandmother's basement and being thrilled to find an 1809 half cent, an 1853 arrows and rays quarter (which, sadly, I later cleaned with an eraser), and a 1793 English gold half guinea. What a time!

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance!

One of my most often used inspirational quotes...

"You miss 100% of the shots you fail to take"

My earliest memory of being fascinated by coins comes from the mid 70's when I was a preteen. My OTR truck driver uncle would give me a few Eisenhower dollars when he would see me. He loved carrying a pocketful of them for some reason and whenever he came around, he would give me a few and tell me to go splurge at the store. Back then, $3 would go a long way towards supplying my junk food needs for a couple of weeks.

imageimage

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

"All that glitters is not gold; not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien.

Got the bug in elementary school from my grandmother, who collected from circulation in the 1960s.

My current "Box of 20"

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for another outstanding contest!

Quote....I collect signed quotes so I have way too many favorite ones.

Here is one from General Colin Powell - It reminds me of PF herself:

Here is one from actor Kelsey Grammer, for the rest of us to keep in mind:

Coin memory...
    Probably ny grandmother showing me all her old coins, including GOLD! I desperately wanted a gold coin and one Christmas she finally gave me one. :smile:

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine posted this one yesterday, I liked it...

"Your past is gone. Your mistakes are behind you. Focus on your gorgeous, love-filled future. The only thing you are responsible for now is taking each step with intention. Rebuild your life. Make it gold."

Earliest memories of my grandpas "money tray" a framed and matted collection of currency and coins that I always admired.
    He gave me an old redbook and the rest is history...

It's all about what the people want...

• FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is extremely generous, I had heard rumors of giveaways like this happening back before when I joined and I think during my lurking days, but I had never thought I'd get a chance to participate in one of them. Way cool!

My favorite inspirational quote -"When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on." - Theodore Roosevelt

My first coin experience where I really got interested was when my grandmother gave me a Ike dollar. I had never seen anything like it, so I did some research and the next day I went to the bank where somehow they had three on hand, including one Bicentennial Ike. I was hooked from that moment on, and although I'm not sure exactly which Ikes were the ones that got me hooked, I am still fond of the memory.

Coin Photographer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file