Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Cock Fighting A Sport?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2022 4:50PM

Well, it's gone from bad to worse here at the Big Bird House. The chow at dinner was the same as lunch......

They tell me that the only time the menu changes is when someone around here goes mysteriously missing.....then the next day we get this......

I'm starting to get seriously worried.......

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭

Cockfighting is nothing less than blatant cruelty to animals and I for one will not hesitate to cry fowl! Interesting how John McCain once called UFC (the very earliest/most brutal kind anyway) human cockfighting. But at least humans can freely choose to participate and they know the potential consequences. Animals do not.

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2022 2:43PM

First night here at the Jail Bird Calaboose.....Time for us Birds to turn in.....Hit the sack.......Smoking Lamp Out.......What a shocker!......Everyone has to sleep outside!..... And there's only one bed! This is a photo of my cellie, "Red" and me fighting for position......

Sleep Tight.......Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite......

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ took this photo of me in front of my new home, the facility, just moments before my voluntary surrender.....

My suspicion is that she and all the Hydrant Girls are on a mega-shopping spree right now.....

Are you still in here torturing yourself? Stop being stubborn and come back and join us. You seem like a man who could use a good chuckle, a movie should do the trick. Here you go, I haven't seen it yet but I've heard nothing but good things!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not if you’re going against LJS!!!!

That’s not a sport…it’s a slaughter!!!!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 9:05AM

Dragon Master, there's nothing I'd like more than to get out of this cock fighting thread and be back with everyone on the forum. I've got a public defender who has scheduled a hearing with the parole board. But he tells me they aren't the most sympathetic group.......

My Public Defender

The Parole Board

I've got mixed feelings about this.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Dragon Master, there's nothing I'd like more than to get out of this cock fighting thread and be back with everyone on the forum. I've got a public defender who has scheduled a hearing with the parole board. But he tells me they aren't the most sympathetic group.......

My Public Defender

The Parole Board

I've got mixed feelings about this.

Well, let me know if there's anything I can get for you, cigarettes, toothpaste, or chocolate. Good luck with the parole board!

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 11:03AM

@doubledragon said:
    Well, let me know if there's anything I can get for you, cigarettes, toothpaste, or chocolate. Good luck with the parole board!

Thanks for the kind thoughts Dragon Master. But it's a little too late now.......And remember, you're the one who got me in this fix in the first place.... With friends like you......Oh, Brother!.... But.....what you could do, I've been thinking about this, ...if you could figure out a way to slip a 6-pack into a feed sack, I think it might get through inspection......

I would really appreciate it......

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Thanks for the kind thoughts Dragon Master. But it's a little too late now.......And remember, you're the one who got me in this fix in the first place.... With friends like you......Oh, Brother!.... But.....what you could do, I've been thinking about this, ...if you could figure out a way to slip a 6-pack into a feed sack, I think it might get through inspection......

I don't have any feed sacks, but I'll hide this liquor inside a loaf of bread and send it over to you, it will get you nicely toasted!

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 11:48AM

@double

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

I don't have any feed sacks, but I'll hide this liquor inside a loaf of bread and send it over to you, it will get you nicely toasted!

Good enough!
    Send To:
    Hydrant
    C/O Sports Forum
    Is Cock Fighting A Sport
    Fryer Unit 666

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I'm on my sabbatical, but because it's Father's Day I decided to pamper myself by driving into the office and doing a little work. But I am now doubling down on my word. You won't see me until training camp. Why, you ask? Well,let me tell you....

I only came in today to relax, but reading through this DD/Hydrant "funny man/straight man" bit has me more stressed than ever.

I'm outta here.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 1:39PM

@thisistheshow said:

I only came in today to relax, but reading through this DD/Hydrant "funny man/straight man" bit has me more stressed than ever.

I'm outta here.

Showboat..... Don't go.......we need you now......more than ever!.....I understand your frustration....... But it's all because of Dragon Master.......he did this......now I'm here locked up in this thread and and I can't get out! I'm the victim!.. You are the Voice of Sanity!...... Don't Go!......Please?......

COME BACK!!!!!!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

I'm outta here.

Showboat..... Don't go.......we need you now......more than ever!.....I understand your frustration....... But it's all because of Dragon Master.......he did this......now I'm here locked up in this thread and and I can't get out! I'm the victim!.. You are the Voice of Sanity!...... Don't Go!......Please?......

COME BACK!!!!!!

Alright, the office just beeped me on my pager as I was driving home. It said 911. So I pulled over, read this, and all I'm going to say is....No....you're fine. Just get on with things and wait for my return with bated breath.

You think I'm the voice of sanity? One of the biggest catalysts for this sabbatical is that I, just for a moment, truly believed that you were both the same people. Like I said, I even tried to convince my online therapist ( @galaxy27 ).

But it didn't fly, no pun intended. So I just need a break. I'll be back in August.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 5:31PM

@thisistheshow said:

Alright, the office just beeped me on my pager as I was driving home. It said 911. So I pulled over, read this, and all I'm going to say is....No....you're fine. Just get on with things and wait for my return with bated breath.

O.K., I accept things as they are. Well, at least they beeped you from the office..... Do you have a pretty secretary?...... I had a really pretty secretary. She would beep me evey day. Sometimes I would beep her back. We both enjoyed beeping each other.

She quit and went back to her Ma and Pa in Arkansas.

Right after she left I retired because really the only reason I went to work was to beep her.....once she was gone I didn't see any point to going to work anymore.......... God, It's Lonely Here At The Bird House!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

O.K., I accept things as they are. Well, at least they beeped you from the office..... Do you have a pretty secretary?...... I had a really pretty secretary. She would beep me evey day. Sometimes I would beep her back. We both enjoyed beeping each other.

She quit to go back to Arkansas to take care of her Grandma.

Right after she left I retired because really the only reason I went to work was to beep her.....once she was gone I didn't see any point to going to work anymore.......... God, It's Lonely Here At The Bird House!

Are you still here? Good gravy man, what you need is a good Papa John's pizza, it's not healthy to go long periods of time without it.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 8:21PM

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

Are you still here? Good gravy man, what you need is a good Papa John's pizza, it's not healthy to go long periods of time without it.

Pizza?.... Who cares about pizza?!....I wanna beep!.....The Bird Cage sucks! I gotta' get outta' here!.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

Pizza?.... Who cares about pizza?!....I wanna beep!.....The Bird Cage sucks! I gotta' get outta' here!.

You've got to find a way to get out of this thread, it's not good for you to stay cooped up in here like this, you're starting to become a recluse, and it will eventually take a toll on your appearance. If you don't find a way out of here soon, you'll start to look like Aaron Rodgers and no one wants to see that.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about I help this one out a bit. and say let's all move on. This thing is beyond tired.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2022 12:28PM

I agree AFLfan. I just showed my card.......Thanks Dragon Master. I should have done it sooner......

I'm flying the coop.......

Free At Last!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    I agree AFLfan. I just showed my card.......Thanks Dragon Master. I should have done it sooner......

I'm flying the coop.......

Free At Last!

Fair enough, but don't expect any more get out of jail free cards, the next time you lock yourself up, the Lovely Mrs. Hydrant is going to have to bail you out. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some shirts that need ironing!

• Options
    edited June 20, 2022 2:29PM