Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Star Find

ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still shocked. I found a 1907 D Barber Dime yesterday. Has been cleaned and it looked like something took several bites out of it, in addition to scratches on the obverse device. If it didn't have any problems, it would probably be VG 8, as it has full rims and the L is visible in Liberty. If this coin could talk, it would have some interesting stories to tell.

Don't have a pic. Seems like taking a pic on my phone, transferring it to an e-mail, then to a device and then cutting and pasting is too much work for this guy.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
"Seu cabra da peste,
"Sou Mangueira......."

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing find!

Congrats

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Wow, 115 year old silver. Congrats! TC

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a very corroded 1898 cent from Publix a couple weeks ago.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an amazing Coinstar find.... Definitely a keeper, even with the damage. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Usually there's nothing in the reject slot. Once I found $5 US in various denominations. Another time 5 Euros in small denominations, which I took to Slovakia and spent.

The biggest stash was $1.50 U.S. plus 26 silver dimes. That will never happen again. One would think if someone is putting coins into a machine and a large number of them are rejected, he / she would at least look them over one more time.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options

@WAYNEAS ... Nice silver quarter... Welcome to the Coinstar club.
    @Elcontador .... 26 silver dimes??? All at once?? Wow... Super Coinstar treasure.
    Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can hear the coins falling into the reject receptacle. Never understood why people leave them there.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elcontador said:

Don't have a pic. Seems like taking a pic on my phone, transferring it to an e-mail, then to a device and then cutting and pasting is too much work for this guy.

Don't feel bad. I was getting ready to take a picture the other day and I ran out of film!

Congrats on a great find!! 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have I-phone you can post pics easily to this site as I do it all the time even though I have limited IT skills....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Anyone here guilty of watching someone at the Coinstar and taking the rejects after they leave (instead of pointing out the coins in the bin)? I am...

Mark
  • Options

@MJPHELAN said:
    Anyone here guilty of watching someone at the Coinstar and taking the rejects after they leave (instead of pointing out the coins in the bin)? I am...

I would not do that. Recently, I saw a guy drop some currency on the ground and chased him down to give it to him. It's just the right thing to do.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today's coin star finds.

I found a .25 cent, 1999 P Georga in nice condition, 8 zincolns and a .25 cent 1955 British Caribbean Territories, Eastern Group.

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found 21c today in Coinstar machine. First find in a long time.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

I have seen - on two occasions - folded $20 bills on the floor of a checkout aisle as an individual was leaving. Both times I picked them up and caught up with the individual. Both times they were incredibly grateful - it was obvious that it was important to them, and also they were the ones that dropped the money. Now, coins in the reject bin... I pick them up when I find them. If I saw the person leaving them, I would tell them.... But once gone, they are mine. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

Checked several coinstars in last two week: zilch, nada, nothing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file