Home Precious Metals
Options

PM Downward Slide??

124»

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

rates won't rise much longer. By year end FED will retreat.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Only if we are headed for a deep recession, and that does not appear to be in the picture.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

Only if we are headed for a deep recession, and that does not appear to be in the picture.

you're in the wrong art gallery

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

Do you ever root for anything good to happen in America? Has the glass in your world ever been at least half full? Or is it just 24/7/365 Dr. Doom?

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited July 8, 2022 4:43PM

hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

the thing about recessions - the way they are measured you do not know they are here until they have been here, We're here.

• Options

Hello,

I won't guess about recession or not.

BUT I think the jobs number showed our domestic US economy is stronger than the equity markets have priced in.

Rate increases will continue until inflation improves
    (to tangentially paraphrase the quote attributed to Duke Wellington "Floggings will continue until morale improves.")

The time lag between Federal rate increases and when they affect the US/global economy will make for a bumpy economy. Keep your hands strong.

• Options

@aj2525rr said:

BUT I think the jobs number showed our domestic US economy is stronger than the equity markets have priced in.

The economy added a higher than expected 372,000 jobs in June. Revisions subtracted 74,000 from previous reports. Employment declined by 315,000.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

Do you ever root for anything good to happen in America? Has the glass in your world ever been at least half full? Or is it just 24/7/365 Dr. Doom?

Sitting on the sidelines "rooting" for something to happen won't change the outcome.
    The democratic way to affect change is to point out the flaws in the system.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2022 11:19AM

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

Sitting on the sidelines "rooting" for something to happen won't change the outcome.
    The democratic way to affect change is to point out the flaws in the system.

No. Pointing is what Karen's do. And there's several Karens on this forum.

Everyone knows the flaws, but none of these Karen's ever proposed a fix or remedy. The Democratic way is to fix it if it's broken, not stand in a circle complaining.

Why dont these Karen's ever propose a fix? They just hype rhetoric. Is that all they know? Must be, otherwise they would try to educate and effect change.

Cheerleaders sit on the sidelines and root for something to happen. These whiners are just cheerleaders. Blitz is dead on accurate

These whiner Karen's should try to be players, rather than cheerleaders. But no, they are afraid to get hit. They cry that they are under attack. Get in the game Karen!!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows the flaws, but none of these Karen's ever proposed a fix or remedy. The Democratic way is to fix it if it's broken, not stand in a circle complaining.

Why dont these Karen's ever propose a fix? They just hype rhetoric. Is that all they know? Must be, otherwise they would try to educate and effect change.

Well then, for starters - what s your proposed solution to the corruption in DC?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up here in God's country we could care less about the alleged corruption in last year's DC.

What I would like to know is how do you propose we stop the current bleeding from ever orifice out our body cavities as current PM "bag holders?" LOL Stack On!! "Premiums are great™!"

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Push come to shove, The Fed will protect the Stock Market over the economy and inflation because political donations come from those with the most interest in the markets.

thefinn
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2022 4:03AM

@jmski52 said:

Well then, for starters - what s your proposed solution to the corruption in DC?

Call out those who misrepresent and distort fact. Call out those who create "alternative facts". Call out those who disseminate mis/disinformation. Bad policy does not destroy a nation, but ideology based on lies does.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Up here in God's country we could care less about the alleged corruption in last year's DC.

Where is this "God's country" that you speak of? What do you mean when you say "alleged"? Most of us care and we will be voting this November. :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

Yup....waiting for you to fall into the latter group.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy !

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aqorZ61AYFqZU-EDQBBzjqfvAoC5nKcB/view

8 conservative Republicans -
    Senator John Danforth
    Benjamin Ginsberg
    The Honorable Thomas B. Griffith
    David Hoppe
    The Honorable J. Michael Luttig
    The Honorable Michael W. McConnell
    The Honorable Theodore B. Olson
    Senator Gordon H. Smith

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

All this energy, wow!
    Join the convention of states

Article 5 works

• Options

$1300 gold before it stops. Lookout sell now, buy back at $1300. It's the only way we can score

• Options

Inflation like wages is a lagging indicator (sans Union contracts) so, sell now, reap the purchase harvest later. Kinda like shorting the market.

• Options

Inflation does not lag. It occurs the moment the price tag is replaced.

• Options