Home U.S. Coin Forum

At long last: "Houston, we have TrueViews!!"

MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 30, 2022 5:27AM in U.S. Coin Forum

My images finally posted from an order that was completed around March 23th. My account is still quite limited and I can't yet send or receive PM's or use some other functions, but at least I can upload images.

Maywood

Comments

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    My images finally posted from an order that was completed around March 23th, but another problem remains - My account is still quite limited and can't yet upload any images. Woe is me as we move away from the lingering affects of the world-wide pandemic. I will say this, Phil has done his usual stellar job of capturing the true beauty of the medals I submitted and I'm anxious to post them..........................some day.

Maywood

I have not had a problem loading TV images (an Applicant).
    Use the box on the top far right end.
    Copy the TV image address from the TV (click)
    Click that box (Image URL) and paste the TV image address
    HIt enter
    If it loads into the comment box probably good. Check with the preview.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

I see why you wanted to post it. Cool look.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Illuminating!

Congratulations.
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! I especially like the HK-120 <3

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like something @Zoins would like.
    Those two certainly are super cool!

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are gorgeous 👍🏻

Mr_Spud

• GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    OK, lilolme, I can finally post some images!!

HK-120, Bronze, Wyoming Massacre Centennial.

HK-444, Brass, WWI Veteran Corps of Artillery.

Cool. I especially like the elder piece.

Do you know whether you purchased them from a former member? I remember both of these being posted before.

• justindanjustindan Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are unique!

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoldenEgg said: Do you know whether you purchased them from a former member? I remember both of these being posted before.

They were both purchased in the last few months along with a third medal, but I can't figure out how to get those images to post.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-VLFFH/1898-peace-jubilee-medalet-hk-643-rarity-5-bronze-ms-62-ngc

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood ... Great TruViews.... Thanks for showing us. Cheers, RickO

@Maywood
    Some of the sites where you can post images (instagram, facebook....) you can load an image as previously done with the TV. However, it is hit and miss as some sites are okay others not. I don't use them so can't say which but I have posted pictures from outside the TV and it worked. Auction sites so far are a Not.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    OK, lilolme, I can finally post some images!!

HK-444, Brass, WWI Veteran Corps of Artillery.

A lovely DeLorey-95, though I am surprised that they called it Brass. Looks more like the Oreide alloy to me.

A careful specific gravity test can tell them apart.

TD

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said: I am surprised that they called it Brass. Looks more like the Oreide alloy to me.

That may just be the image, in-hand it appears the same as other Brass medals and Elder pieces. To that end, I don't believe I have ever seen a piece and have only a single Stack's sale to reference. That also appears to be the only medal in the NGC census.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I put the specific gravities for both brass and oreide in the Elder catalogue. Too late now.
    TD

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great images!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file